October 24, 2014 - Guitar Center Sessions

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Oct 24, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Linkin Park returns to The Wiltern!

Tomorrow Linkin Park will be playing at The Wiltern! Linkin Park played here twice in 2003 for back-to-back shows for the release of Meteora. This was the end of the LP Underground Tour, a tour that the band only did in 2003 but have been in high demand from fans to bring back. At both these performances the band was joined on stage by Blindside singer Christian Lindskog on One Step Closer, Blindside would join Linkin Park later that summer on the Summer Sanitarium tour and then later in 2007 when they opened for the band at some European dates. Check out this LPTV episode detailing the LP Underground Tour and these Meteora release shows.

"-Insert Witty Comment or Joke About Meteora Here...-"

Just a few days the band played a two stop tour in Brazil. The special thing about this was that it was the only tour that a band member had to sit out 100% of a tour. I've already gone through all the details in this post so I'll keep this short, Brad had another ear infection and couldn't fly. The same reason two 2008 dates had to be cancelled.

The second show on the tour went off smoother than the first one, where the show was plauged by equipment malfunctions and screwups by the band.
    On Castle of Glass the band added on the Martin Luther King, Jr speech from Wisdom, Justice, Love and added a piano outro where the Oppenheimer speech from The Radience was added on. You can check that out here below.

Thanks to whomever recorded this.

The show tonight will be taped and broadcasted exclusively on DIRECTV’s Audience Network on December 5th as part of Guitar Center Sessions. We do at this point not know if it will be a full set or a shorter one. This post will be updated with the setlist as soon as it is known what the band played. Hopefully Brad has gotten better and will be able to play this show, if not, his tech Ben will most likely play in his place again.

What do you think the band will play? Will you be watching on December 5th? Come and discuss in our forums

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up
    (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    04. Points Of Authority
    05. One Step Closer
    (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway
    [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle of Glass
    (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Burn It Down
    16. Waiting For The End
    (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley
    (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name hybrid verse)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    20. In The End
    21. Faint
    (Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    22. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    23. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    24. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; w/ Faster Tempo)
    25. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ With You Verse 1 Rap)
    26. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    27. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo, + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I'm going, I predict a shortened hour or so setlist, similar to iheartradio release party, maybe Daron will come out for Rebellion again.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I thought this was a special concert.

Have fun :)

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Guess I've been kept in the dark, never heard of this or heard anyone ask for this :lol:

Anyway, hopefully Chester brings his A game.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

A lot of people wish they'd do a free LPU tour again. It's been asked for occasionally over the last few years. It just unfortunately likely wouldn't happen again because of costs, logistics etc. Which is a bummer.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Recordings from the LPU tour were used as bonus material on various releases during the "Meteora" cycle, including the single releases. That one proshot recording of "Easier To Run" being played live is a recording from that tour. :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Did Brad play?

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Brad played, he did have blue kinesiology tape on both wrists though, not sure why. Really great show, pleasantly surprised they played a full set, I put some pics on my instagram account here: http://instagram.com/tha_ninjah

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Yaaay full set!!!!!

So far this is the 6th full set of THP filmed right? All I remember is Rock in Rio, Rock am Ring, Camden, Hollywood Bowl, and Brasilia.

Kiq

Kiq We're a broken people living under loaded gun

Actually, the show in Belo Horizonte was filmed, not the one in Brasília :)

bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

Hoping for a new setlist with more THP songs for the European (German) Tour next month

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Agreed. I wanna see A Line In The Sand and Keys To The Kingdom

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

That Castle of Glass + LOATR etc. Medley is pretty awesome! Really digging these new transitions and mash-ups they're coming up with.

Although, this set needs "When They Come For Me". Every set needs "When They Come For Me".

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014