October 19, 2014 - Brasilia, Brazil.

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Oct 19, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

:come2brazil:

Linkin Park continues their two stop Brazilian tour, this time playing in Brasilia!

This is a new stop for the band, so, since I don’t have any history to talk about here, let’s continue on from what I talked about yesterday: Linkin Park's history in Brazil in general. This makes it the seventh time the band have performed in the country, after 2004, 2010, four times in 2012 as part of their South American tour, and yesterday. I’ll talk more about the show yesterday further down, but, for now, enjoy Bleed It Out/Sabtoage from their 2012 show in São Paulo.

[video=youtube;VGxYoLW6tGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGxYoLW6tGs[/video]
    No I will not stop posting this song. It's too awesome for that

Alright … let’s talk about the show yesterday.

Most likely due to illness, Brad did not attend the meet & greet or play the show. This is the first time ever that Brad has missed an entire headline show. In 2012, he missed a few TV and award performances in Japan due to being sick, but those were just one-to-three song performances. His guitar tech Ben played in his place. Something similar happened back in 2011 when Phoenix missed a show due to being ill and his tech Ted stood in for him. This was documented in this LPTV episode. Thanks to Brad having an ear infection and not being able to fly, the band had to cancel their 2008 shows in Sweden and Switzerland. As someone who was in place for the Sweden show and saw it cancelled three hours before it was set to start ... yeah, that sucked.

There was a huge gap between Wastelands and the Ballad Medley, due to an issue with the equipment. This gave Chester some time to talk to the audience, something that the band don't do that much of these days. Because of the tech issues, the band skipped playing Castle of Glass and the long intro to Mike's solo medley. Apparently, the problem was that Mikes keyboard had no power, according to a tweet by the man himself. The show was riddled with issues, but it was really interesting to watch and the band seemed to have fun with it. One of the major errors that occurred was during Burn It Down. Not only were there synth issues due to the aforementioned power problem, but Mike and Chester seemed to have gotten confused and screwed up their vocal parts after the first chorus. Take a look for yourself.

[video=youtube;DhRhMNEa8LQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhRhMNEa8LQ[/video]
    "That was interesting ..."

Today, the band plays in Brasilia, something they have never done before. The set they played yesterday would have been a standard Set B from The Carnivores Tour, had there not been issues with the equipment. Can we expect the same set today or will they play Set A from the previous tour? Something that you might be asking is ”Will Brad play tomorrow?” We don’t know, but most likely not. No matter what, we hope he feels better soon.

After this, the band takes 4 days off before playing a show for Guitar Center on the 24th. After that, they play at the Stars of the Seasons Gala in Arizona on the 25th. Then begins the European Tour.

Are you going to the show tonight? Did you attend yesterday's show? Will Brad play tonight? Come and discuss in our forums

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up
    04. Points Of Authority
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Burn It Down
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name hybrid verse)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    20. In The End
    21. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    22. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    23. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    24. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; w/ Faster Tempo)
    25. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ With You Verse 1 Rap)
    26. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    27. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo, + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Jesus, the band isn't lucky this year. Brad on the first show of the European tour, Chester on the first show of the Carnivores tour, now Brad again for the South American tour.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Chester nailed it vocally. I can appreciate that. Sounded interesting without the synths in the first verse. Dig it.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

LMAO that Burn It Down... Chester freaking nailed it, but damn you'd expect a new guitarist to fuck something up, not Mike. :lol:

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hahaha that BID performance was awesome :D I'm relieved to hear Chester sounding so good again, his voice was sounding really worn out the last few months. His performance on Given Up was great!

Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

Is there going to be a livestream?

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Best BID performance :lol:

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

you are right, that shit was for real
    I ve said this before, but their mistakes are amaizing
    I rather this kind of mistakes than a fkin playback shit

Thanks mike, chester for screw it down

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Dont think so.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

That burn it down was amazing but mike F it up

IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

LMAO Mike and his rap when the second verse begins. :D
    But I love this version of Burn It Down. ^_^

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just love how they take such mistakes in stride. Some artists get really pissed or seem to be affected when this stuff happens, but they just laugh at each other. :lol: