Destiny

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Reed To Black, Sep 22, 2014.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

What are your thoughts on this game?? It's been very divisive so far, but I think it's awesome. I can look past the terrible story because the gameplay is so stellar. I'm on level 8 or 9 in the story and I have to say I've almost crapped my pants a couple times. Those sneaky thralls man. Anyways, what are your thoughts about the game so far? Feel free to discuss anything and everything pertaining of or relating to Destiny.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Yeah, the story is pretty thin. Dig the game play a lot though. Like what they did with the social aspect. The strike missions are a fucking blast. It's super gorgeous. The other day I got home from work turned on the game only to sit and look put at the city and traveler. Not as good as I had hoped it would be, but still really good. Feels like a mash up of Borderlands and Mass Effect, which are my 2 favorite games ever.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Yeah the FPS mechanics are probably the best I've ever played. They feel so crispy and finely tuned. I've yet to do strike missions as I'm waiting for my friends to get the game, but The Crucible and story keep me going

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I've only been to the crucible once. Everyone there was like, level 20. It was just over my head.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

It's enjoyable and is a good way to kill time, especially with friends.

It's not overwhelmingly new, because I've played Borderlands, but it is what it is.

As for the Crucible, level sooo does not matter - as with any shooter ever, aim for the heads. 20+ means they probably have great gear but it doesn't guarantee they're smart or skilled enough to actually hit you with it.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'll give it another shot soon. I'm a level 14 right now. Maybe another few levels and I'll give it another go.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Wow that ended in the most anti climactic way possible.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I haven't finished the story. I've played about 3 of the moon levels and have loved them all

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I love the game, it just really felt like it ended mid story. Not that I even what the fuck was going on by the end.

BTW, take all my bitching with a grain of salt. None of this is to say that I didn't have a blast.