Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mr. Awesome, Sep 21, 2014.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

The 3DS version will come out this fall next month and the Wii U version (which I'll pre- order my copy soon) will come out by the end of the year during Hoilday season. Anyone looking forward to this game? I am. Almost 50 characters are playable.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I'm loving the demo

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

No Ice Climbers </3

No WiiU nor 3DS </3

And poor Wario. Reduced to unlockable character </3

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I love my 3ds - Go get one.

This game is going to be amazing! Based on the demo the balance in gameplay speed is just right.
    And the new characters are so unique to play as.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

The game lost my total sympathy since i found out you cant do an edgehog anymore.
    Fuck that game

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

OH NO.
    FUCK THE GAME. FUCK THE GAME. IT ISN'T WHAT I WANT IT TO BE.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

It isnt for others in general.
    Its not for anyone besides amatuers.
    Slow physics. Falling speed is also slow.
    Everything is slow. - This slow speed is for amateurs and keeps being at the same level and i dont like it.
    I dont have anything against people who want to play that one, or brawl or melee or 64 or whatever they want to play.
    Still tho - why would a developer delete tactics. Edgehogging is part of being tactical. The same with the actual melee dodge. It was taktical because of the sudden move change you can do.
    Brawl already deleted it because it was too "sudden". Thats part of getting better. The reactions get trained passively the more you play. And i dont see any skill moves in te new smash so far. Also the movements are slow as fuck. Tey get activated after like half /-~ 1 second. Too slow to be a real nice hyped beat em up. The game is good. yes. But its even worse than brawl.

PS: I told you once i am not a Melee FANBOY as any others tho i hate that stuff gets deleted what makes the game actually better instead of worse.
    A wavedash actually made the game really really FUN at some point, it can be used for fun or for tactics. Seen that the side dodge is gone the wavedash is also gone.
    Dashdance is also done since brawl. You need to kill your stick to make a dashdance. So this is also not being part of the gameplay anymore aswell.
    3DS is also much more unhandy than on a controller. Not speaking of the device. Speaking of the Stick actually.
    DIing is horrible without the direcional helping controls of thh GC / Nunchuck Controller.
    A meteor smash can be easily defended by that slow gameplay. The game is slow, totally made for amateurs. You literally can feel it.
    Also a doubled speed couldnt change this shit because the whole physics stay. Did you realize that the stage edges are bigger? You know why? Because the characters are flying slow but high / far away even if you have not even many %.
    So you have a chance to "survive".
    If you have skill you dont need big stages. And also i repeat, you would get skill in all that stuff if that whole stuff would change.
    A brawler / 3DS | Wii U gamer of Smash wouldnt have a slight chance to win in melee against a "experienced" amateur because the physics are unpredictable there seen that you can control even how you fly PERFECTLY if you get hit and such (DIing). A melee gamer against 3DS / Wii U / Brawl has an easy point seen that you cant to really much in the air game of brawl because its too slow. It takes 15 / 30 minutes to get into the game.
    Its not challeging. - I would love the game if its meant to be for everyone Zak.
    3DS / Wii U version also promised a PLAYABLE connection 2 years ago. I dont see anything of that now. The took it out because of diverse connection / link reasons. "Yeah sure"

Also lets talk about characters: Duck Hunt Dog? , Wii Fit Trainer?! Seriously?
    The reason? - So much request?!?!?!
    Come on, i bet Isaac or Mathew from Golden Sun or A new starfox character like Panther would have been more requested, i bet so.
    The franchise is getting worse and its evolving to a game for newcomers.

No good.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I usually main Pikachu and Wario, but I'm definitely going to play the heck out of Villager and Duck Hunt Dog. The game has been so good so far.

[​IMG]

Mr. Awesome

The Ice Climbers might come back as a DLC character.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Cypher - Play the demo. The falling speed is a bit slower than Melee but everything else is around the same speed and the gameplay is waay better than brawl and even better than melee. Even the new characters feel great when you actually try them out - while i agree they seemed weird at first. I grew up playing the original on n64 and I still love this series!

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

I played the demo.
    Thats why i found out all that stuff.

Mr. Awesome

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

personally, i dont think that its really NEVESSARY to bring them back. in a way i also think its the right choice not to exaggerate on the characters. i actually like the roster of the new smash. the only problem is duck hunt dog and the wii fit trainer. I KNOW back in time i also said that about mr. G&W and in the end he was an enjoyable playable character. so i guess its the same with that and the character will be nice to play but i wish they would find more EPIC characters instead of making the game kinda look like a parody

Mr. Awesome

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'd really wanna get a 3DS and a Wii U but I'm a college student now and my savings are dwindling. :(

Mr. Awesome

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I voted and am currently vouching for Waluigi and Knuckles.

Mr. Awesome

Smash Bros Fighter Ballot early results

The Frontrunners

King K. Rool, Inkling, Wonder Red, Chibi Robo, Isaac, Paper Mario, Krystal, Cranky Kong, Andy, Sceptile, Impa, Geno, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, Blaziken, Lana, Captain Toad, Hades, Zael, Hawlucha, Daisy, Wart, Machamp, B. Shadow, FI, Bandana Bee, Fossil Hero, Groose, Fawful, Poo, Mona, Lanky Kong, Monita, Mallo, Rundas, Slippy Toad, Karate Joe, Chorus Kids, Harmoknight, Elite Beat, C. Rainbow, and Abe Lincoln.

Fighter Chancers

Note: These characters are in Smash Bros 4. They can't be removed and reintroduced as a playable paid DLC. Some of these characters will most likely get their chance for the next installment of the series.

Midna, Dillon, Takamaru, Waluigi, Skull Kid, Shadow, Magnus, Tom Nook, Ghirahim, Totakeke, Nabbit, Ridley, Kamek, Tingle, Isabelle, and Elec Man

Third Party/Outside Characters

P. Layton, Amaterasu, Bomberman, Rayman, Bayonetta, Shantae, S. Belmont, Knuckles, P. Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Felyne, Cooking Mama, Shovel Knight, Slime, Chrono, Black Mage, Tails, and Banjo Kazooie.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Anyone been trying to collect the Amiibos? Jesus what a hassle that shit is.

Mr. Awesome

I've got 13 amiibos so far, but I'm too serious on them. Just wanna get much of it as I can.