September 15, 2014 - Hollywood Bowl, CA

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Sep 15, 2014.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Tomorrow, Linkin Park returns to its home in California for the last four shows of the Carnivores Tour (five, including the date in Irvine a few days ago). The next stop of the tour is on the very familiar city of Los Angeles, where the band has played a grand total of 61 shows! Since 1997, LA has seen the band grow over the years starting from their very first shows at the Whiskey A Go Go and has seen them play in numerous venues throughout the big city.

Linkin Park plays And One at the Roxy Theater, September 5th, 2000, prior to the release of Hybrid Theory

[video=youtube;trL-DSa3PiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trL-DSa3PiQ[/video]

It is not hard to find great memories of Linkin Park playing in Los Angeles, the band has done memorable performances not only in full concerts but also in television appearances such as Jimmy Kimmel (2003, 2012 & 2013), the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, the 2012 American Music Awards, the 2013 Sunset Strip Music Festival and the MTV Collision Course with Jay-Z at The Roxy, which earned the band their second Grammy for their Numb/Encore collaboration at the 48th Grammy Awards Ceremony where they played the award-winning song live along with the great Paul McCartney in a mash-up with "Yesterday".

[video=youtube;Ogsr_MUK6kA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogsr_MUK6kA[/video]

[​IMG]

Last date of The Carnivores Tour took place in Washington and, just like Mike Shinoda did in Irvine, Chester Bennington took the time last night in Quincy to spread the word about the IAVA organization. As described on their website, IAVA is a 21st century veterans’ organization dedicated to standing with the 2.8 million veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan from their first day home through the rest of their lives. For more information about the Organization and how can you help them, visit IAVA.org.

[video=youtube;MzeTAgVO2Fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzeTAgVO2Fc[/video]

Tomorrow's show will take place at the Hollywood Bowl and, despite the fact Linkin Park has played over 60 times in LA, they have never played at the Hollywood Bowl before, so this should make the experience a bit more special. For fans unable to attend the show, remember you can watch a Live Stream of the event by going to VyRT.com. And for those of you who are going, don't forget to check the LPA Meet-Ups thread to see which fellow LPA members will attend to your show, and if you meet with some LPA friends, don't forget to tweet us some pics at @LPAssociation!

Next stops of the tour will be in Chula Vista and Wheatland, before wrapping up the tour with a final date in Concord. Are you excited about going to the show or watching it online? What are your thoughts about the tour now that it's nearing its end? Tell us all about it in our forums!

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I'm going, it's going to be incredible, the sound at the bowl is amazing

Abhi

Abhi Member

Will the live stream be free or do we have to pay for it ?

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Pay.

DefyTheEye

DefyTheEye Well-Known Member

curious, is anyone gonna pay the $14.99? Is the stream good on vyrt? Curious if anyone else has had experience, I'm on the fence on this one, since I couldnt see them in Tinley Park :(

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

So the VyRT website completely went down a few minutes before the 30STM set was supposed to start, and has been dead ever since (half an hour and counting). Great service they're providing to all those people who paid anywhere from $15 to $50 to watch this show! :rolleyes:

Edit: VyRT just Tweeted the following link to watch the show for free, looks like they're giving up on fixing their website tonight. They restarted the stream from the beginning of 30STM too so we didn't miss anything: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/10046000/Carnivores

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

Still don't approve of the idea for paying for a stream :(

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

VyRT seems to be back up, and the free stream link redirects there now. The salt is real. :lol:

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Didn't see the start of the show but the band improved playing GATS since the last time I saw them playing it!
    Chester has been gaining muscle mass too!! xD
    Phoenix bass-cam is awesome too :D

I'm liking the show so far.

EDIT: The band is rocking tonight!

EDIT 2: Rebellion with Daron was FUCKIN AMAZING! LP, just hire him!!!

EDIT 3: this thread is as dead as the crowd! xD

EDIT 4: even Joe is moving his ass more than normal tonight…

EDIT 5: Crawling almost-instrumental was great… xD

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Daron was there? :eek:

Also, I heard Austin Carlile from of Mice & Men played guitar in Faint

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

He sang, didn't play guitar. He was singing along Chester, nothing special. He seemed to be really enjoying himself though. Daron was actually mouthing the words to rebellion, he was jumping along to the song at one point too.

The live stream was fun to watch.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Daron was the highlight of the show. Really epic seeing him play with the band.
    Austin Carlile was just a different thing. I didn't even know the man. And like we say in Portugal: "Tem uma boa voz para cagar nela!", something like "He has a good voice to shit on!" (well, at least from his performance on Faint) :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Daron looks like he's been playing this song his whole life. Next to him, Shinoda and Delson look like they just learned it right before the show :lol:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

When was the last time the band had three lead guitarists in one performance? I kinda forgot. :lol:

[video=youtube;I8-asYbcam4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8-asYbcam4[/video]