Who can Build the Best Gaming PC for Under $2,000?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Reed To Black, Sep 14, 2014.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Greetings LPAers. A lot of my friends have been building gaming PCs, and, to be honest, I have no idea what they're talking about when I hear all these fancy words they use. I would like to invite you all to build a gaming PC. Please explain your decisions, as I would like to understand what it is you're talking about. My friends have ones that range from $1,000 to $2,000, so your budget is $2,000. Things to keep in mind when building it:

-Good graphics
    -Run smoothly
    -Stays cool
    -Good storage
    -Under $2000
    -Mainly used for gaming

Remember, you're trying to build the best gaming PC you can. Tell why yours is the best. Don't trash anyone else's PC, but explain why yours is the best choice for YOU. Have fun with it fellas!

EDIT: Feel free to discuss your gaming computer as well. Please tell us your setup and why you love it. I was pretty tired when I made this thread.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

anyone.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I built my own PC in May. It was my first time ever buying all the parts separately and putting it together, so it was a lot of new info to learn, but it was really fun as well. And it saves you quite a bit of money!

I wanted a computer that excelled in graphic design and 3D work, so it'll be a little different than a gaming PC, but it still runs most games on max settings at 1080p. A $2,000 budget for PCs is huge unless you also need a monitor(s). I already had 2 24-inch monitors from my last computer, so that was a huge help to my final cost. I'll build a PC assuming monitors aren't needed. I can build a new one later if monitors are needed.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($102.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($618.79 @ Amazon)
    Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I ATX Full Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1408.71

This thing will completely dominate games, and I'm a little surprised at how good the price is. I'll explain more once there's more interest in the thread. I don't wanna just be talking to myself all day :brick:

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

You da man! I should've just made it a gaming PC discussion thread.