Music videos????!!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Danimar79, Sep 9, 2014.

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There is only a weird music video for final masquerade and a bad music video for until its gone. Will we get a music video for other songs, or is it too late

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

A bad music video? If you know the story behind the UIG video its pretty cool in my opinion. Also the FM video. I like it alot , much better than LITE and so on.

But i dont really think that there will be another video. If you count the GATS thing , there are 3 music videos in the THP era. ATS got 4 (BITS,WFTE,IRIDESCENT, THE CATALYST) and LT got 3 (LITE, BID , CoG). I dont think that there will be another single after FM.

But who know.

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maybe it's because i don't like UIG as a song. I do however like FM and think that the video is okay. I would hardly call that guilty all the same video game thing a music video. I also think that there aren't going to be anymore music videos, althoug i would love one for Rebellion.

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There was also a light that never comes.

Michele

same here.

I also really dont want to call GATS a music video, but i think its a official thing. Well, a video for Rebellion would be kinda cool .

well , this is just a non album video , thats doesnt count :lol:

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh, i thougt that it was part of the album, mistaken. I think that rebellion is the most likely to get a video.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so objective

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, maybe i was too harsh. I actually think that the final masquerade video is weird in a good way. And the UIG video is probably ok, but kinda generic.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I think both UIG and FM music videos have great shots of the band members. (Mike at the end of UIG is just priceless :lol:) I like them both. I don't know. Although, the GATS one a big letdown. I'm all for variety but that was a walk through to a game with GATS in the background. I sat through the whole thing waiting for something to happen. They could have done something interesting with the concept. Maybe, there was a reason. I don't know. It didn't fit the song to me at all.

IF there is another music video, they can't do worse than GATS. And, also the only thing that's worse than one is none. So, if there was another music video that would be awesome. I don't think so, though.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

IMO there's no need for music videos anymore. Lyric videos are as popular as regular (expensive as f**k) videos, and everybody is watching/listening them on YouTube, in the background while doing something else. Amirite?

minuteforce

I greatly prefer music videos to lyric videos. To match even an average Linkin Park music video in terms of entertainment, a lyric video would need to be pretty amazing

Michele

GATS MUSIC VIDEO or NONE?

None .

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Agreed. LP have always had a talent when it comes to music videos.

minuteforce

:lol: Yeah, you can't argue with this

Yeah -- even the uninteresting ones still look good. I think that they tend to make up for a lack of interesting plotlines or concepts with interesting/exciting visuals.

In contrast, the band (or their staff) seem to put zero effort into making lyrics videos interesting, which is fair enough because they serve a purely functional purpose, from my point of view. I like that they're a band that cares about music videos, even if their videos aren't always mindblowing. It's the same way they still fight for the full-length album format.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

"Until It's Gone", "Final Masquerade" and "Guilty All the Same" (if you count that haha) had music videos because they were released as official singles of the album. Music videos are generally made to promote a single. That's why all the videos of previous albums were from the album's official singles. The only non-singles that had videos were "Points of Authority", the rest of Reanimation other than "Pts.OF.Athrty", "Lying from You" (it's up for debate if this is a single or not) and "Powerless".

minuteforce

I would argue that the "Lying From You" video (and the live "Numb" one too) was released to promote "Live in Texas" and maybe "Meteora" at the same damn time. The song itself was a single from "Meteora"

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

On the topic of videos - does anyone think Joe should take a break from directing them..? None of them recently have been GREAT imo (COG aside, but that had quite a big input from other people as well if I recall).

That was until Mark Pellington came in for FM, and IMO that's the best video they've done for a long time

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Kinda yeah. His band member shots are cool but the past videos are kind of similar. Maybe, he'll do something new next time around. What if its something crazy fun like LOATR? :awesome:

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Okay, you like music videos, I don't. I just watch them when something clever comes along (OK GO type of stuff).
    But from a business side of things, for example, Rebellion (and FM as well) lyrics video has as many views on YouTube as official Final Masquerade video. Does it need fancy video? Not in my opinion. With social media sharing, even videos with still picture are valuable like official videos these days.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Was rebellion a single?