Music Cypher's - Question? Answer! - Thread

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Pat, Sep 5, 2014.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

What you are doing is creating your song IN a pattern, which is not completely perfect
    it can be done but i suggest you to put in your patterns into a playlist and create your song there instead of IN a pattern.
    THO there is a solution even if your way is not the way i would use.

In your pattern window with the drums, d you see at the top left the arrow?
    You can check it so it lights up!
    This will cause that the drum pattern repeats when the bars are done.
    BUT there is a problem. The longer your pattern is (in bars) the more there can be problems.
    So if your Drum pattern is 8 bars, you should put your pattern also to 8

[​IMG]

Thats how it should look like when you have 8 bars.
    If your drums are 4 bars, then set the number at the top left to for etc etc...

For a real producing tip tho, really start thinking of putting all your drums into the playlist seperatly instead of having melody under it. So you can use the drums you made at other sequences and its more handy than anything else

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Bring it back to life. :CUMULUS:

You guys got any really, really realistic bass channels/plugins/whatever you call it? I'm thinking something like the bassline in Given Up.

Also, instructions on how to actually import that channel into FL wouldn't hurt. :)

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=4Front_Bass&id=190

this is not the best one but with a little reverb and eq it sounds so much better then any of the vsts i know
    but i also recommend actually real bass guitar samples than vsts tbh

anyway, you download it, extract it. copy the dll and the other file which is in there and place it in the plugins vst folder of FL studio
    (C:/ (or whereever your programs are) /Image-Line/Fl Studio / Plugins /VST
    after you copied it you open FL and click at the top on channels and then on add one -> "more"
    then there is a list, click on "refresh" and then "fast scan"
    your vst should be now in the list

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

since im much more into producing again i would like to bring back this thread

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

are you the real pat?

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Excellent thread. I'm using Logic Pro and Ableton Live, so if anyone here has tips or questions, that'd be great.

I started using Native Instruments' software finally after using free plugins and stock components in Logic and Live. The piano and Massive plug ins are great. I have Auto Tune to toy with for song ideas. I thought I'd make something cool like Kanye's 808s album, but it's actually hard to use without sounding corny. So I just end up using my natural voice. Auto tune might be cool for external audio coming in from instruments though.

minuteforce

I've been using Auto-Tune heavily in my recent projects to wildly manipulate vocal samples. When I record my own voice, though, I tend to be more selective and subtle with it as a corrective tool

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I love when people can use Auto Tune in a really cool and creative way (like on Bon Iver's "Woods"). I think there's a big misconception about it only being a crutch, but it actually is a really nice creative plug in.

What kind of music do you make btw and what do you use (instruments, software, gear)?

minuteforce

I can't really collectively describe what I make beyond saying that it's electronica. I use Live.