Music I showed Derek my friends first EP, and I would like your opinion as well.

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Bruno, Sep 4, 2014.

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

Hi there guys.
    I would like to ask for less than 30 minutes of your time.

My friends just recorded their first EP, and I think it is unbelievable. I'm not saying this because they are my friends, I could support them but not really enjoy their music, but I can't help but love their songs and they became one of my favorite bands for sure. Specially song 3 "Until The Night Ends", a 9 minute masterpiece that is now on my top10 songs of all time.

Derek said they are very talented and very good from a technical and musical point of view, even tho he does not enjoy music with a lot of screaming (they aren't metalcore or anything, for me they have the correct doses of screaming and clean vocals).

Well I don't wanna say much, I want you to hear it and have your own opinions.

I decided to share this because I really really love their work and I find it hard to believe that this is the result of a band that recorded on a studio for the first time in their lives.

Please hear it mates, and give me your honest opinion on it!

Thanks in advance!

https://www.wetransfer.com/download...c7c9b0f8b65ac3585e752d8d20140904173002/071883

PS: Odd Switch is their name! WeTransfer only lets people download for 7 days, if someone wants to listen after that time please ask me and I'll upload again!

Edit: If there's any Portuguese people here and want to know more about them, feel free to PM me. Their facebook page is facebook.com/oddswitch !

EDIT2: Now the wetransfer link is down, BUT for the people who couldn't hear it they have now a full song on youtube! So please check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFKtnE2-RMg

EDIT3: new music video for "Drift Through My Head" ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofJu8aF02l0

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Well, like Derek, this isn't my favorite genre, but I have to agree the technicality in the instrumentation and mixing is all there. Tell them they've got no reason to give up on it ;)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Atleast better than the stuff, another band of my friends (not the Katastrophen-Kommando :p ) did.

I like it that there are clean vocals and some more heavier ones. Also the instruments and the technique sounds really good.

Really like the intro of "Until THe Night Ends" so awesome like the whole song. I think its pretty good , i think i would follow them. Are they have a facebook page?

WHat i want to say: They shouldnt give up and continue with the music they did. Its really good.

Bruno

Thank you! They sure do have a page here: https://www.facebook.com/oddswitch

If you guys enjoy the EP, feel free to tell-a-friend and share it so people know about them!

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Pretty damn good! The song writing and musical talent is definitely there. Really interesting sound too. It's like metalcore and alternative rock with really slight nu-metal elements

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Needs some trumpets :halfkappa: Seriosuly though, I can't listen to it on this shitty iPad :(

Bruno

BUMP!

Song youtube link on topic now!

Paree

Paree I love my scars!

They are really talented.I liked the songs.(I am a metal lover).

Bruno

Glad you liked it mate, there will be another song up in a few days I guess so feel free to subscribe their channel!

Paree

Paree I love my scars!

^Subscribed and also liked in Facebook.

Bruno

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Bruno

Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it!

If you can, share this! Youtube links, facebook, everything is welcome! Thank you!

Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Hey mate can you reupload the EP(zipped)?

Bruno