The Venting Out Thread

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Squish Mitten, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I know you meant the generation as a whole, but I was just saying that I can't stand when someone is like "Oh, you're just a 14 year old. You know nothing."
    That pisses me off.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Nah, I don't immediately look at a kid and judge them before they open their mouths to demonstrate some kind of basic intelligence. I'm specifically referring to the ones I see gripe about their iPad's being the wrong color or size, and who take this bullying frenzy to new heights that were nearly unheard of when I was growing up at that age. I mean, I'm all for fapping to Chloe Grace Moretz and Ariel Winter as much as the next guy, but when it gets real, when these teeny boppers willingly take pictures to send to guys and then freak out when they "leak", just, :facepalm:

On that note, incredibly unpopular opinion, but if you get teased at school and your solution is contemplating suicide (great, now I have to go listen to Papa Roach), I know I should feel sympathy for you, but I really don't. My parents raised me through elementary, middle, and high school telling me that I wasn't there to get anyone's approval or make friends, I was there to get good grades and get out. Again, back to the parenting, but what are you teaching your kids or introducing into their lives where they get teased about their weight, or clothes, or hair, and the solution is to drink bleach?

Sidenote, I love this thread so much more than RT.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

monday she said, "i'm not i just dont do relationships n all that shit", adding, "it's lame", and then "like only talking to one guy? sounds like commitment, no thanks".

we talked that night. she seemed somewhat distant. haven't talked since.

last night my friend investigated further ...

unsure of the exact context of the conversation, she said. "[...] nah it's okay, better than some stuff my friends say. it's just annoying cause I'm not interested but people think I am and it's just like ahhhh cause people think I'm lying when I say that". i knew where i stood at that point, and then my friend said that "she couldn't date someone that likes her more than she likes them because she knows that in the end she would have to break it off and she doesnt have the strength to break up with someone".

it's funny because i don't think i could ever date someone who liked me more than i liked them. i go [way too far] out of my way for people i like. it always gets thrown back into my face. i was going to talk to her about the fact that she is being distant and how i felt, but i am starting to think maybe just let it go ...

i think i dove in too deep to be honest but i think i had good reason to think something was there.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

As someone who grew up being bullied and teased throughout middle and high school, It's really fucking hard. To completely suppress your self expression and be tormented every day, it's a fucking nightmare. I would go home to a negligent mother. It's not even as simple as not having peer approval or friends. I went to school knowing I was going to beat down, physically and mentally. Imagine you have a job that you can't leave. You walk in the door and your Co workers yell at you. Call you faggot. Fucking harass you to no end. Fucking throw you in the locker room shower. Bend you over and pretend to rape you. Punching you in groin til you piss blood. This is what happened to me. Every day. I couldn't defend myself, these guys were jocks. Double my fucking size. So I'm just this defenseless, suppressed kid who can't even find Sanctuary at home. Of course suicide is going to at the very least cross my mind. Anything that would make it so I wouldn't have to go school. It destroyed my self worth. Even after I got out the only future I saw for myself was suicide. It's impossible to get good grades and get out when you're under the conditions I was. I was cheated out of decent high school and college career because of that. Because I was crippled with depression. Its unreasonable to ask kids to man up. It's not unreasonable to make sure they don't act like assholes.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

hawk, that's rough, man, but you're definitely doing the right thing by leaving it alone. We're definitely in the same boat about giving way too much and getting shafted, usually, so letting it be and waiting for the next best thing is the road to go :)

Pidgeon, I don't even know where to begin on commenting about that hell, man. That's not even bullying, that's straight up abuse. I don't mean to undermine your post at all, but I was specifically referring to the pussy shit kids today get upset about like the clothes they're wearing (or not wearing), or being part of a certain clique. I am incredibly sorry you had to go through that shit, dude, as I would be for anyone in that scenario, regardless of gender, race, religion, etc. - that is the kind of thing where I fully understand why suicide creeps into the back of one's mind. At the end of the day, all I can really say is the spirit's intangible and thus shouldn't be broken by physical means - coming out of it, as you have, is a greater feat than looking for a shortcut out.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I suppose they're could be kids who just need thicker skin. But it's hard for me to say it's their fault. I guess even back in the day, if people made fun of the way I dressed (which was not modest lol) it would generally roll off my back. If you can't take that kind of thing high school is going to be rough. There's always going to be cliques and other people are always going to give you shit for being in said clique. I was a punky kid who hung out with goths and nerds, so obviously I got used shallow insults (I didn't give a fuck if they didn't like my prison orange cargo pants!) but obviously it went a lot farther than that for me.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

When I was younger, I was always desperately trying to fit in with the cool kids. And it just wouldn't work, 'cause I was not like them. (Don't take this the wrong way), but I was way smarter than them, my grades were a shit load better, which they would mock, and even at a younger age I'd think about what I'm doing rather than just doing all the stupid stuff they were doing. Whenever those cool guys would pick on anybody, it would just make me sick to my stomach, I couldn't join in. There was a not-so-pretty girl in my class, she was always mocked, and I just hated anyone who would say a mean word to her, so I was always trying to be really nice to her. Eventually rather than picking on other people, they started picking on me, just pushing me away from them (no pun intended). They would constantly make fun of me, and I couldn't say anything back, because both now and then, I don't know how to respond to that. But still I was just trying to hang out with them. So stupid.

Then I just decided to stop. I found some not-so-cool friends and started hanging out with them. And those guys are my best friends right now, after all these years. And when I stopped trying to fit in, those guys found I'm actually not bad. So by the end of elementary school I was good with everyone. No one made fun of me. So my biggest fear in high school was to be mocked again. So I just decided to blend right in. I don't dress any different from others, I don't scream out APFMH when they start singing shitty Croatian folk songs... and what do you know, I'm good with everybody again. The point is to sometimes swallow it up, even if you like something different, not everyone has to know about it. I want to buy that ''I want to die'' T-Shirt from Drop Dead but I know eventually it'll just be a joke to others. So sometimes not being special in absolutely anything can be the best thing ever.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Exactly. As much as it sucks that you can't be what you want to be, coming to terms with that can save you from going through some difficult stuff.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I have to disagree. There was nothing I could have done to fit in. I tired. I joined the football team and it was the worst decision of my life. I could've tried to be less punky, but I was still really effeminate. There was nothing I could do about it. In the end putting myself out there ended up being the worst thing ever. Things didn't get better until I started hiding in the music/drama hall with the geeks. But I couldn't be there all the time. So I wouldn't say blend in, I would say become invisible. At least until you find your place. Besides those kids were all vapid and shitty and I'm glad now that I never got in with them. I would've hated being in their clique.

Filip

Agreed, be invisible is probably a better way to put it rather than blend in.

lime treacle

I wasn't really talking about blending in or becoming invisible, just avoiding being treated like shit.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol easier said than done.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

The way my parents deal with religion pisses me off in so many ways, they're so oblivious sometimes. They always love telling me I'm irresponsible and selfish when I don't go to church with them. As much as I love her to death- the condescending attitude that my mom gives me makes me want to hate her so much. They've never asked me what my thoughts were on God or religion. They just assume I'm a Christian because they raised me as one and they can't imagine me believing in anything other than what they want me to believe. If they did ask, I would probably just tell them I'm an atheist and fuck church, but they don't care about my opinion. They expect me to be a good Jesus lover like they are and not consider anything that contradicts with the beliefs. I have too many examples of my parents ignoring something because it's logical but doesn't align with Christian beliefs. They don't think sometimes.

As a quick BTW, I have no issue with religion; my belief is that you should just believe what you want and not be an asshole about it

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I wouldn't say I fit in with any clique. Most people in my grade really don't give a shit about me. I could move to another country today and it would have zero impact on them. I have maybe two or three close friends, but everyone else either hates me or doesn't care about me. And although I have those few close friends, everyday this feeling of loneliness grows stronger and I become more empty. I just can't stand this loneliness.

And Hawk, I know the feeling. I was really close friends with this one girl in my grade and we talked all the time and everything. So finally one day I asked her out and she said know cause she didn't want us to break up and ruin our friendship. So I was okay with that, and after that day we still talked a lot. But over the summer we just stopped talking more and more. It was almost impossible to hold a conversation through text cause she always had an excuse as to why she didn't respond. So finally I just gave up and stopped talking to her. Know we don't have a single class together this year. Yet another friendship ruined, and one less person that cares about me.

lime treacle

I respect that it is that way for others, but for me, it isn't.

If they're not asking you, maybe you should just tell them. If they care enough about you, they should respect that. Sounds to me like they should really clear their heads and give it some thought.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

It's something I've been putting off for the past few years. After the shit that happened today, I feel like it'll have to come down to it really soon. I need to figure it out myself and deal with it in the best way possible. With my whole family (cousins, aunts, uncles, fucking anyone) being incredibly devoted people, it's a tricky thing

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I'm taking AP World History this year as a sophomore and I have a 30 page packet to read tonight :)

Edit: :turrible:

hawk

yeah. i think she is trying to avoid herself so that nothing, emotionally, happens ...

don't fit in, stand out.

it hurts ... being as young as i am it doesn't really matter, i am naive with "love" and i know it in the back of my mind, but when i am alone ... i can't help but feel saddened by the thought of what could have been.

Filip

In whatever I stand out from the crowd, I try not to talk about it too much, and it's working.

hawk

never talk about it. but don't accept normality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.