Bryan
    Sparkart's Naveen Jain is set to address the interactive components, also known as enhanced features, of Linkin Park's Meteora CD at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference. The conference started today at 10:30 A.M. in San Francisco's Moscone Center.

Sparkart, as well as bands, feel that the enhanced feature of CD's will keep album sales alive and will keep people from just downloading the albums. The proof is in the numbers according to Sparkart; even though Meteora was leaked onto the internet a few days before it's release, the album still sold 810,000 copies in it's first week. Within 10 weeks of the release of Meteora, Linkin Park's exclusive Media/Toolkit was accessed over 125,000 times via the enhanced portion of the CD.

For those who do not know, Sparkart is a web designing company who designs Linkin Park websites. They also work with other bands such as Korn, Staind, Rob Zombie, and Disturbed.

Alex works for sparkart
    Neil's Vintage Sig Collection. Item 2 'Hahn Signature'

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    wow ... this is cooL!

i tried downloading the cd before the release but i didnt find any!
    anyways, the website kit thingie is really cool, although i bought the Meteora DVD but i still didnt get a hold of a DVD player so i still havn't seen it! but im sure it'll be really sweet!

Bryan
    Originally posted by Neil@Jun 26 2003, 08:24 PM
    Alex works for sparkart
    Yep. I believe he starts pretty soon, if he hasn't started already.

bread crumbs & white stones
    Originally posted by Bryan+Jun 27 2003, 12:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryan @ Jun 27 2003, 12:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Neil@Jun 26 2003, 08:24 PM
    Alex works for sparkart
    Yep. I believe he starts pretty soon, if he hasn&#39;t started already. [/b][/quote]
    I believe he&#39;s started already, but we shouldn&#39;t jump to any kinds of conclusions right now.
    So... I'll keep searching for a place called home.
    I'll rip my roots from this earth into the unknown.
    Is it for the dreams I chased or the ones I caught?
    This mystery, this misery is killing me.
    So, now, I'll leave behind a murder scene.
    My life isn't real; it's just s silhouette.
    And, when the sun goes down, I won't exist.

Originally posted by x__x@Jun 26 2003, 11:42 PM
    wow ... this is cooL&#33;

i tried downloading the cd before the release but i didnt find any&#33;
    anyways, the website kit thingie is really cool, although i bought the Meteora DVD but i still didnt get a hold of a DVD player so i still havn&#39;t seen it&#33; but im sure it&#39;ll be really sweet&#33;
    I have it, and I can send it if you have cable or a higher connection. That goes for everyone who wants it.

But, there&#39;s one thing, I&#39;m going to want to have proof you&#39;ve bought the album. Maybe the catalogue number (5 digit number on side of cd) or a picture.

Thread Information