Festival Experiences

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Michele, Aug 11, 2014.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

After my first Festival ever (Open Flair 2014/ Eschwege,Germany ), i want to start a thread about YOUR festival experiences.

I will start:

How i said, my first festival was the Open Flair Festival 2014 in Eschwege, Germany.
    It was from Tuesday , August 5th until Sunday, August 10th.
    Eschwege is a little town in Germany so the whole village was into the festival somehow.

But back to topic.

I had a really good time on this festival. Good organsation, many good bands and more or less really friendly persons.

Bands you guys could know:

Anti-Flag
    Apologies, I have Non
    BoySetsFire
    Eat The Gun
    Etter Shikari
    Ignite
    Jimmy Eat World
    Rise Against
    Ska-P
    Steel Panther
    Zebrahead

Some bigger German acts:
    Callejon
    Casper
    Dritte Wahl
    Fiddlers Green
    Madsen
    Massendefekt
    Seeed

Well, i will tell you know about some bands i saw:

Ignite:
    Well, i didnt know any songs by them but they totally rock the shit out of the whole people.

Zebrahead: Same like Ignite. I really enjoyed them. They did a great job.

Madsen: One of the my highlights on this festival. I really thought they would be boring but they was really awesome. Really good radio-friendly kind of music. They rocked it. Hope i get another chance to see them.

Fiddlers Green: A German band who made some Speedfolk music wih some Irish Songs (Night Pat Murphy Died :headbang: ) and good own songs. ANother highlight for me. They really did a fucking grat job. You cant feel bad aslong you listen to them. Check the out, they are great :)

Ska-P: Well, i dont speak spanish but this guys really did it. Ska-Punk at the best. All people had really much fun watching them.

Seeed: Maybe you know them ( I dont think so). Seeed is a German band from Berlin and they make Reggae, Dancehall music. ANd if they want you to dance, YOU WILL DANCE. They just did a fantastic job, Just Party Hard :kicking: You guys should check them out, theire songs are always on German and english, check out their album Music Monks or Next! :p

Steel Panther: Best songs ever :rofl: Just Party if you listen to them and just fun if they talk. Maybe not the favorite act from women :lol:

Jimmy Eat World: Well, they was ok, not more. A bit boring to be honest

Rise Against: The perfect festival closer. They started with "Ready to fall" and "Give It All" and played songs like "Prayer of the Refugee", "The Good Left Undone", "Satallite" , "Behind Close Doors" :worship: and acoustic songs "Hero Of War" :worship: , "People Live here" (Live debut) and Swing Life Away. They close the show with Make It Stop and Savior. It was fucking great and really energetic. It was a really great concert.

All in all my first festival was really awesome. Good friends, good music (and alcohol :drunk: ) I could write a lot more with better english skills but i think that should be enough :lol:

But the last thing i want you to show is a song who runs all day on the campside.

[video=youtube;VmUGe8KDdGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmUGe8KDdGI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The text is: "Thank You. We Are The Cantina Band. If you had a song wish , shout it. PLAY THE SAME SONG AGAIN. THE SAME SONG? Ok and go" :rofl:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Oh yeah, I totally loved Rock am Ring this year! So awesome!

On YOUTUBE!

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I went to EXIT Festival in Serbia couple of times. It's a great festival in a fortress with many stages and different types of music. The fortress has big walls so you can have two stages next to each other without sounds interwining. I saw bands like Arctic Monkeys, Editors and Hurts among others.
    Once a girl asked if I could sell her some ecstasy.

good times.