Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (U.S. Theatre Release)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by BrandonR24, Aug 7, 2014.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

(I realize there was a thread from 2013 about this, but it's pretty much dead. Merge if need be...)

Did anyone get a chance to go? A small run of the English dub is in select theaters across the U.S. Certain days this week. Specifically the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 9th.

Got to see it yesterday and it was probably the most fun I've had at a theater in years. Did NOT expect a sold out house, but so far it has every day. Odd, didn't think the fanbase was still that large. Also it debut at #6 on the US Box Office for Tues. making $1,072,000 not bad for being in just 600 or so places.

I saw it in Japanese back last year when the blu-ray version leaked online, it was kind of meh for me. Now in 2014 hearing the familiar cast from my childhood for some reason just made me love this movie. Jokes were awesome and all the voice actors brought their A game! Just an awesome experience.

My Review: 8/10

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I thought it was great, have a few snapchats saved to my phone that I took throughout the film :D
    Much nostalgia. Definitely looking forward to the next film!

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm a huge Dragonball fan, and am extremely grateful that this film was made. For the flick to be screened in select theaters across North America is quite a feat as well. The film itself was a light romp with a less-than-stellar climax. Still crossing my fingers for a film that explores more of the 'hardcore' aspects of the series as opposed to playing up the hokey slapstick comedy (just as thoroughly enjoyable).

That being said, it has been made official. A sequel has been announced, and will premiere in Japan on May of 2015. Mark your calendars boys and girls.

[youtube]watch?v=0VN6huexcEM[/youtube]​

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm hoping that too. Would be great for some epic fighting. Super pumped for the next film too! Sure it wont make rounds here until 2016, but it would be great to see it get a worldwide release in 2015.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Watched the subbed version months ago and it actually is a great nostalgic trip for those not as invested in the franchise after turning 10.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

#6 at box office. Wow. Did much better than I thought.