Dissecting the Final Masquerade music video

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by limonpower, Jul 31, 2014.

limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

So the Final Masquerade video came out, and let's be honest, it's extremely confusing. Let's try and dissect this and find all the symbolism and hidden meanings!
    [video=youtube;i8q8fFs3kTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8q8fFs3kTM[/video]

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Illuminati comments that will pop up. Hopefully, they get tired of it.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Isn't that what the other thread is for?

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

That thread is about everyone's opinions on the video. This could be about interpretations of the meaning of the video?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

Yeah this should be about interpreting meanings and symbolisms.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

*sigh* if you must...

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I was talking about this with some people the other day, and they seem CONVINCED that the video is from the point-of-view of various Palestinian people during the horror that they're going through at the moment. I can see where they're coming from with this opinion tbh, what do you think?

Also, this video reminds me massively of the video for Burning in the Skies, with the lingering undertone of the end of the world

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

No thanks.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i can appreciate hidden messages in art, but it has to have a face.

this music is like a giant scribble on a page with a 'hidden meaning' like "life is a mess" which isn't
    something i'm too fond of. a painting of a lake with hidden meanings within that makes sense though
    because it has a 'face'.

i am not sure if i am making any sense, but even if i wasn't it would make more sense than this
    music video. i'd be down to hear what any of you have to say, if anyone is even going to actually
    discuss it ...

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

The wolf seems to be a very prominent to the music video. I read some quotes which described the Wolf's spirit as a "shape shifter" (Ties in with the message of "Beware of Shape Shifters", written on the wall), being able to travel to the spirit realm which in the case of this music video seems to be the afterlife because of the religious symbolism (or the greater calling of freedom).

The wolf has a representation of clarity, as the wolf can find its proper path in nature, and knows its way through dark forests. When someone is lost and strays from their path, the wolf is said to be a protector that guides them and enlightens those that join the wolf, but in order to do so they must overcome their fears. Once they have, the wolf will lead them to the greatest destiny, Freedom.

Can't remember the exact ones, but in some folklore, the Wolf is said to have been the first creature to also experience death.

All these concepts tie in quite well with the music video. There is a lot of representation of Life and Death, this could demonstrate that there are people who try to overcome their fears to hope for a better life, but it doesn't always end the way one expected.
    This would display part of the meaning of the lyrics. Final Masquerade is similar to saying "last lie" which could be the equivalent to leading someone to their death, though in this case isn't intentional.

Regardless, those that live, view the shape shifter (wolf's spirit) as a false hope for freedom now and are the ones that write out warnings like "Beware of Shape Shifters".
    The theme of this world seems to be somewhat post apocalyptic, hence "the end is near" writings.
    The people you see in the video all represent how their journey to enlightenment is going to escape their broken world. Some are suffering (The Angel = even the kindest and most innocent can fall victim to fear), some determined (girl holding the egg = those that continue carrying on life), and those who have chosen to end it (men in the white suits that jump off the platform = those who only saw false hope). By the end of the video, you see that hope is rising for those who withstood the trials of fear, including showing the man with his son in the afterlife. Some people must pass on to find what they are looking for. It could be said that those who died trying, still managed to find freedom.

As a very quick summary, this video, IMO, is about conquering your fears by facing them regardless of what you are told, in order to become a better person and if done through the passage of a divine being or moral mean (both religious and none religious people), then you shall find what you seek in life.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    ChrisB likes this.