The new rap?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Neil, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Hey, just want to say first off this is totally my opinion and secondly that I dont listen to rap at all. Only certain songs. But what I've been noticing lately is that all the new rap is more like pop. It's all commercialized. I'm listening to 'Forgot About Dre' right now which, in my opinion was a great rap track. Now we got all these dudes and its not even about the music. It's all about $$$

-I thank you for listening to my rambling :lol:

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

so what's the point??? :mellow:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Heres an explanation - I went to bed at 3:30 and woke up at 6:00 :lol:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yep, that's what rap is. It's only about money.

*moves*

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

it's all about the C.R.E.A.M. babeh :p

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I moved this to the wrong place, lmao.

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

awww *pats Bryan's shoulder*
    it's ok

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

Theres not a pap (pop rap) song out there that doesnt have atleast 50 hot chicks, an escalade with 25" dubs, and retards talking about their 25" dubs, hot chicks, and their escalade.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

oh yes there is. take a look at all Nas' single videos. Nas never talk about money, hoes, and rims. And there's always "10 mins." by Joe Budden. It's one of his best song and that's why I'm getting his CD. B) Also Gang Starr. anyone into them? And there are some more too... And just to let you guys know, i don't like those songs that all they talk is car rims. Then everything else is ok. And yes, most rap songs are about hoes, $$, drugs and more stupid things. I guess that is what makes rap.

"Forgot About Dre" :argh:

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

I listen to very little. I never was a big fan. I mean, not that I don't like looking at girls. It's just i don't want to wake up to all that "pap" crap (rhyme, oh yeah). I have a self inflicted sleep disorder. I wake up early. 6:30 sometimes, in the summer!

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

What are you talking about? Forgot About Dre is guilty of this crappy rap age we've succumbed to.

Oh, and Nas does talk about hoes, cash, etc., you probably don't even notice.

RAP IS DEAD. Get over it, guys.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Ok. But have you heard his album called God's Son. oh, and what about the song "One Mic". That's one of his best!

If rap is dead, then why do think that the 50 Cent's debut album is on the 6th spot on th overall charts?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Ok. But have you heard his album called God's Son. oh, and what about the song "One Mic". That's one of his best!

If rap is dead, then why do think that the 50 Cent's debut album is on the 6th spot on th overall charts? [/b][/quote]
    I still don't think Nas has the right to call himself God's Son.

And what's funny is all these rappers supposedly rap about God and whatnot yet they swear and stuff.

That's like the Pope swearing in every language he knows.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

If rap is dead, then why do think that the 50 Cent's debut album is on the 6th spot on th overall charts? [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, rap is now supported by mindless rap-wannabes and teenie kids. Need I say more?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yeah, rap is now supported by mindless rap-wannabes and teenie kids. Need I say more? [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.

If you think 50 Cent is selling a lot of records because of talent, you're wrong. He's selling records because hes a trend. Right now, 50 Cent is considered the "cool" thing.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Exactly.

If you think 50 Cent is selling a lot of records because of talent, you're wrong. He's selling records because hes a trend. Right now, 50 Cent is considered the "cool" thing. [/b][/quote]
    Bryan, you said it so perfectly. ^_^

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

You can't spell "crap" without "rap"

:lol:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

In my opinion, if some 'cool kid' thinks something is cool, all the losers and what not will think it's cool, too. In my opinion, that's how it goes now days. My school, probably one of the crappiest to be a rocker and go to, it's filled with rap lovers. But as soon as one of the 'popular' people got into Simple Plan, New Found Glory and all those other mainstream bands (except Linkin Park for some reason), the rest of them also started to 'like' that music when before, they totally discriminate it. Now they dress like punks, and act like it and call the ones who already have done that 'wannabes' and 'posers'. I believe that's what music in general has become. You hear one kid go crazy over a song or something, and the followers do the same.

This is off subject, but me personally, I've started to hate mainstream bands who don't continue the way they first came out. I used to know bands like Simple Plan and New Found Glory before they even made it big, and now that they have, and it's like "the popular" craze, I begin to dislike it because it's like, listening to a band that people who contradict themselves listen to and it's really hard to not think like that in my mind. Callm ea stereotype, but if you were being bashed for liking rock music, and then these a-holes come out after and call you a poser for liking 'their music', I think you'd get a little upset at the things they're not associating themselves with acting like king or queen sh*t.

Woo, okay, anyways, yes, I think rap, like a lot of other stuff is starting to die out. Look at pop, basically pop died out :teehee:. All those pop stars now either went a 'rap'ish way or they've associated themselves with rap artists. Which might be bad news for rap if it continues to fill itself with what I've said earlier with the whole "follow the leader" idea.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

My school is different. Not to stereotype or sound racist, but you have the black kids who like rap, mainly the rappers I haven't heard of. That's fine, it's their music from their ethnic background. Then you have the white kids, mostly damn teenie preps who love rap, but mainstream #### like 50 cent and Jay Z. They're the ones with expensive soundsystems in their car that drag race while blasting some DMX ####. I can't stand them. I have nothing against them liking rap. What I do have a problem with is them walking around the school like they're the next eminem, talking like it, wearing pants that barely come up to their ass crack, and grabbing their balls.

Then you have me and a few other kids who like rock music, the same stuff commonly discussed here. We're just normal kids, dress normally, no 50 dollar shirt from Abercrombie (The preps would be like their idol 50 cent and call it Fitty Dolla shirt) just normal. Then the preps think we're weird mainly for our tastes in music. I was listening to my iPod and this one prep wanted to see what music I had on there. He browsed through it and thought it was either crap or never heard of it. Then, of course, thought something was wrong with me because of what I had on there. God forbid I should listen to Disturbed. I mean, they use heavy guitars, write their own music, and when you see them live, you're seeing more than them singing along to some pre-recorded crap on a record. (Nothing against LP since most of their stuff is played live, not pre-recorded. Besides, they kick ass). And Staind, wow, I must have issues if I listen to music about suicide and depression :rolleyes:

Towards the end of the year, it was nice outside so I had my car windows open, and drove into the school parking lot with the Cold CD playing. Wasted Years was the song. I liked the song so it was loud, and a few people looked at me and the look on their faces was "what the #### is that you ####### loser? Oh my god the song talks about depression and issues like that, it sucks!" I guess since it wasnt talking about their hoes and bitches and ####, they found it weird. When some of the teenie girls gave me that same look, I just wanted to hit "Previous Track" a couple times and tell them what I think about them. Stupid girls.

But you know what though? Screw them. If they want to think we're odd because of the music they like, that's fine. Just shows their complete lack of maturity.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Keaton and Todd, combine both of your schools and then welcome to my old high school, seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.