Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by sup103, Jun 26, 2003.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

01. Way Away - First single, and one of the best on the album. More Alt. then Punk IMO, Way Away is the song you tell all your friends about. Violin is nice, overall a really catchy song. 10/10

02. Breathing - Also a bit more Alt. then Punk. Violin and guitar rip through the intro, and the chorus gives you the one two punch. 9/10

03. Ocean Avenue - Here we go, welcome to the first really punkish song. Catchy to the max, this is like one of those songs you sing in the shower. Violin adds a nice touch. 9.5/10

04. Empty Apartment - Soft song. Downer really, but I guess it is okay. No violins here that really blend in well. 6.5/10

05. Life Of A Salesman - Ah, we regain greatness. A song about dad. Violins blend in excellent. Drums are outstanding as well. 8.5/10

06. Only Once - The chorus....wow. Amazing chorus. Then the rest....oh yeah, there is a rest. Well, hear if for yourself. 9/10

07. Miles Apart - Rawk out. This song has awesome riffs, and many changes. Nice vocals. 8.5/10

08. Twentythree - Punk all around. Drums are crazy in this one, and this sounds like a anthem. Thats a good thing. 9/10

09. View From Heaven - Yee-ha! This has a huge country feel to it, but it is done right. Gives it a night feeling of sorts. 8.5/10

10. Inside Out - I was indifferent to this one, but as I listen to it it grows on me. Soaring vocals, nice violin in this one too. 8.5/10

11. Believe - You better, wow what violins can do to songs. This song is amazing, vocal solo = woah. This one doesnt disappoint. 9.5/10

12. One Year Six Months - Semi Acoustic, but Yellowcard isnt that great at this, to me anyway. After the acoustics it explodes into a decent song. 7/10

13. Back Home - Not the best to close out an album, it isnt really a song that leaves you with a lasting effect. Other then that, vocals rock. 8/10

FINAL After Way Away, I didnt think it got much better then that. I was wrong. Ocean Avenue is the perfect summer album. Punk fans will enjoy it, and alt. fans will get interested and enjoy the first half of the album. It ranks right up there with Shinedown's "Leave A Whisper" and Linkin Park's "Meteora" for best album of 2003. I suggest you at least check out Way Away. My only thing with this album is it is too short, I want more. Oh well, great album. FINAL SCORE-9.5/10

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Cool, you got it!! Thanks for the information, I more than likely will get this album too. :D

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Well, I downloaded it. It comes out July 22nd.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

IM me and tell me where you downloaded it...I want it too!! ;)