Review an Album

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by lime treacle, Jul 8, 2014.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

LMAO the comment about the tight pants. :rofl:

But I'm not gonna argue 'cause the BMTH argument I have with you and Gibby is basically this:

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure Gibby doesn't hate them anymore, though.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol sorry echo, I mean other people's taste used to pass me off. Then I thought "well why does the piss me off? So I realized that I don't give a shit you guys like them, I might still shit all over the, but it's not me trying to attack your taste. I know you guys could just easily take a shit on my music. NBD.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Now where did you get that crazy idea? :lol:

Filip

Admit it. You don't like them, but you don't hate them either. You've heard wayyy too much stuff you said was "ok" or "standard", but you rarely say "horrible" anymore.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Hmmmmm I guess you're right. I don't hate them on a Pidgeon level. :lol: There's just tons of room for improvement. I have to agree with Pidgey on one thing though, Can You Feel My Heart's sample is bad, so so bad.

Filip

I find it very enjoyable, personally.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i don't do reviews ...

#theusual by Caleborate

[​IMG]

C+

1. I. Willem Ardui - dreamy. a really cool intro. vocals could use some work, but a decent effort. relatable lyrics. (B+)
    2. Riding With Taylor ft. Ellah - catchy. an unorthodox flow that works. awesome. (B)
    3. Anna's Lament - mellow, amazing. highlight of the album. has a dope, (again) unorthodox flow with solid lyrics. (A)
    4. Us and Them ft. Cash Campain - i just don't dig this one. i think the vibe is a little off for me. (C-)
    5. II. Willem Ardui - chill. an instrumental track with some absolutely amazing piano. love it. (A-)
    6. Designer Hot - different. a odd choice of vocal pitch, has the makings of a dope track but fails to meet the mark. (C)
    7. Coup De Grace ft. Neex Jane and Cash Campain - this one is kinda chill. it doesn't strike me as anything special, but it's not bad. (C)
    8. The Trip ft. Shadow The Great - a decent track with a beat that is kind of annoying. has a strange, positive vibe. (C)
    9. Will Be Mine - this one isn't bad, but it suffers the same problem as previous tracks: it's difficult to vibe to. (C)
    10. One Hand Wave ft. Cash Campain and Ellah - back to the strange vocal shift, but works a bit better this time around. (C+)
    11. III. Willem Ardui - these tracks nail it. a really chill closer. vocals are better this time around. (B)

http://caleborate.bandcamp.com/album/theusual

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

[video=youtube;MTiZ7f3jEhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTiZ7f3jEhM[/video]

Misery Index- The Killing Gods 7.5/10 This is pretty fucking cool album. Insane riffage, super fucking heavy, and it doesn't really get boring. Could've been an 8 or a 9 with a little more variety. The moments of melody make it that much more interesting. Should've gone further with it.

[video=youtube;PTZaazPpZ3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZaazPpZ3Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Septicflesh- Titan 8/10: Fuck, this album is HUGE. Crazy theatrical. Some parts could really be a movie score. It has such an atmosphere, it really will take you places. Just awesome.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Double post ya cunts, get over it.

Fallujah- The Flesh Prevails 9/10: Holy fuck, this album is big and brutal but also beautiful and majestic. I didn't really buy the praise for it before, I suppose I still don't, but if this really is the future of Death Metal, that's OK. It puts up such a thick atmosphere. It's heavy as fuck but somehow you close your eyes and feel like your in a beautiful place. Not quite as good as The Satanist, but it certainly gave it a run for its money.