Favorite Video Game Moments

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Reed To Black, May 29, 2014.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

The title speaks for itself!!! You can talk of any game on any platform that you have ever played. Your story can be as long or short as you want. Have fun sharing stories, memories, and laughs!

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

All-time favorite video game moment for me will always be when playing Mass Effect 2, and seeing my Shepard survive the Suicide Mission without a single loss on my team. Fucking epic music and epic cinematics.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Sounds awesome. One of mine is the sniper mission in World at War, whenever you find Reznov for the first time. It was basically Enemy at the Gates, but video game style. Also, this is something I had happen in Skyrim, this guy put it a little more eloquently than me, though.

"Coolest moment for me so far was walking around some paths on a mountain. Found a shack some alchemist was using to grow herbs and shit. I was actually there looking for him to be sleeping in his bed, since I got vampired and needed to feed, badly, and couldn't got to a town. I started stealing, minding my own business, when all of the sudden I hear ROOAAAAARRRRRRR and the entire place lights on fucking fire. I ran out of the building to see what was up, and it was a dragon that came out of nowhere. To make things worse, I didn't have my guardian with me (fear that she'd get pissed if she saw me feeding), It was daylight so my mana/health/stamina wouldn't recharge, and I was low on arrows. It was a fun, intense fight that came out of nowhere. The best part of this was when the dragon was near death, and I was out of arrows/mana/pots, my horse came out of nowhere and kicked the dragon in his fucking face, getting the kill. Horse hero."

Things like that, along with just going into dungeons that seem eerie, finding a random dead body on the side of the road, having an assassin ambush you on the side of the road, and finding all the secrets of each building, cavern, and city make Skyrim my favorite game ever. It's just so awesome.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Mass Effect spoilers:

Everytime a character dies in ME3 it really sticks out for me because I was so attached to the characters. Kaiden, Mordin, Wrex. I cried when Mordin dies. I cried at the end over Shepard. The moment when Grunt survives the Reapers was awesome. Tali on her homeworld is touching. Fuck, that whole series dude...

Vic

Vic No game no life

Woah, nice thread! I have like thousand favorite moments but I'll just go with one this time.
    The final stage of The Last Of us is full of epicness, definitely my favorite moment is when Joel and Ellie see the giraffes in the city's streets. Then when you see them vanishing in the big wasteland of city in a atmospherial orchestra music and a very emotive piano piece. So epic that I cried there :lol:

Mitch

Mitch YTB

That whole mission/ending was fucking amazing. Loved every minute of it. So good when no one dies as well.

Ahh Mordin. That was so depressing.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lmao after I finished that game I was bummed for days. It felt like real people died! :lol:

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I never played Mass Effect :facepalm:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

That moment when my computer shuts down in the middle of it.

Haven't played a game in years, and lost all interest in them.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

The opening to Uncharted 2.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I'd also have to go with the ending for Telltale's The Walking Dead. It hit hard man. It hit the feels.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Warthog run at the end of Halo: CE.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

*insert any moment from any Mass Effect game here*

Also, the entire Campaign of Halo: Reach. And playing Halo: Combat Evolved, Oblivion, Fallout, Dragon Age: Origins. Bioshock, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for the first time (this included Mass Effect, obviously).

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

My Shepard didn't die :shinado:

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Mass effect and Halo?
    Seriously didn't you guys play video games growing up :D
    To me nothing beats the moment when Link picks up the Mastersword in the temple of time. That is pure glory. Rising up to be the hero of time and save Hyrule was so awesome
    Another memorable moment is when the moon falls on you in Majoras Mask(such an awesome game)
    How about when you finally beat the Elite four in Pokemon Red and Blue, only to find out that you still had to beat your rival afterwards :D That was pretty epic.
    I would say the Kingdom Heart series also have many touching moments - Just the opening of KH2 gives me goosebumps.
    The most recent game that had that WOW factor was Catherine. I won't spoil anything from that game - BUT GO PLAY IT.
    If you are a sucker for japanese art style and amazing story telling you will love it

Vic

Vic No game no life

Yeah I agree with Pokemon Red and Blue. Also Catherine, damn, so interesting game that is a nice distraction from typical/mainstream games.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Video game hipster has arrived.

Opinions. People have them. Shit I grew up playing FFIV, V, 6 and Chrono Trigger but some of my favorite video game moments have been during raids in WoW or playing Garry's Mod Prop Hunt.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The "detonation" ending of The Stanley Parable.

I won't go into detail, because I think everyone reading this should play The Stanley Parable (there's a free demo) knowing as little as possible about the game in advance. But that section of the game really gave me the epiphany that storytelling in video games can be so much more than what it has been.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Boo! :kappa:

My favourite video game moments are

The entirety of Dark Souls. It's just a magical experience. The satisfaction of killing a boss. The fear of entering an unknown new area. That first time you arrive at Anor Londo and are in awe at the sight of the massive kingdom.

While Mass Effect 2 is by far the best game in the series, my favourite ME moment is curing the Genophage in Mass Effect 3.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas, that feeling of discovering a new area or finding a new weapon, the awesome soundtrack, exploding someones head in V.A.T.S. They are both my favourite games.

GTA V. Just pure fun and good memories all around. Hardly anyone can match the quality that Rockstar put in their games.

The first 10 minutes of Bioshock. Entering the lighthouse, the lights go on as music plays in the background, you enter the bathospear and Andrew Ryan gives you an introduction to the city, as it is revealed while an amazing soundtrack plays in the background.

I have tons of favourite moments across all the Halos too.

Last edited: May 30, 2014