The Official Halo Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, May 16, 2014.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

What is with the mid game quitting epidemic in the Master Chief Collection? It's extremely rare that I'll play through a BTB match without anyone quitting (usually it's half the team). And I was just playing Team Doubles and my teammate quits after he gets killed once! How pathetic!

Reason two why the Halo community is starting to suck.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I had this happen to me a lot whenever I'd attempt to play Halo 4 online. I'm no good at FPSes; the only true FPS I play is Halo and I play it for the campaign and plot. That said, when I play online, I'm usually the worst person on my team. I had a string of matches one night where my own team would quit mid-match because we were losing (typically due to me getting killed a lot). I've also had loads of instances of the other team quitting if they were losing.

It doesn't make much sense to me at all. Aren't you punished for quitting matches? Like, you don't get any XP or however they do it.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The only time I don't get drop outs on my team is when we have a party that's playing multiplayer...

brady

[video=youtube;Q6FzQS3Yx-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6FzQS3Yx-M[/video]

#HYPE

Will

Halo Wars 2

[youtube]3prezuzX258[/youtube]​

brady

This thread should just be merged with the Halo 5 thread and that thread should just be renamed "The Official Halo Thread"

______

But anyways, Brutes!!!!!! I wonder where this will fit in the Halo timeline. I'd imagine this is after the Covenant breaks apart since it seems like Brutes will be the sole enemy of the game (unless there is flood).

Will

It's a direct follow-up to Halo Wars. It takes place immediately after the game ends, so it's still pre-Halo Reach.

brady

Aw. I was hoping we'd get to know more about the current state of the Brutes. Guess not.

Will

Well, I suppose I should point out it's speculation at the moment. In the trailer you can hear someone say "Douglas-042 is down" which would point to it taking place immediately after the original game. Plus, we were kind of left wondering what ever happened to the Spirit of Fire, although Halo: Escalation kind of told us what was going on with it, so I can see the plot of the game following up on that.

There's also speculation the Jiralhanae in the video is a young Tartarus, which would be awesome.

Hybrid

I took Brady's advise and merged the Halo Wars and Guardians threads. That being said, who haven't seen it yet, you're welcome:

[youtube]tTMhhXcrpCc[/youtube]

brady

This is probably the most badass cutscene in Halo, surpassing the one from Halo 2 where the Chief returns the covenant's bomb. Plus, I love that banter between them. Buck really gives Fireteam Osiris some life and comedy relief. Buck so far has stolen the show, and I'm really loving his character.

Hybrid

Some updates...
    [youtube]sQkKEC8H26s[/youtube]
    Blue team looks great! Oly Oly Oxen Free.

[youtube]MKor3uosTLY[/youtube]
    A hero falls.

Do you guys think Chief is really dead? Is this a cover up by ONI? Also, Season 2 of Hunt The Truth is going on.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Holy shiiiiiiiiit

Will

I pre-ordered the game last night and I don't even own an Xbox One yet. That's how hyped I am for this game.

Hybrid

This post may be spoilerific...

I found this on Halo Follower's Facebook page.

[thumb]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/12080322_834733399973869_4023860417555084267_o.jpg[/thumb]

***SPOILER-ALERT***

The fate of S:117 may have unintentionally been revealed ... Or, it could be just another marketing stunt by 343i ... If you're interested you can read what it says below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOCKE:
    No... please... And as Locke turns to look around the view reveal of infinity, BROKEN, her three mile-long hull shattered. The wreckage is across a half-dozen miles of snowy landscapes.

But then he sees it - the thing he dreaded most. The MASTER
    CHIEF, face down in the snow. He's missing a gauntlet and
    one leg is turned at an impossible angle.

Locke runs to Chief's side, falls to his knees. Already knows what he's going to see.

LOCKE:
    Chief!
    No reaction. Locke rolls Chief over with a GROAN OF EXERTION as he shoves Chief's TONS OF DEAD WEIGHT onto it's back. The Chief's helmet is CRUMPLED in from a FRONTAL IMPACT.

His chest armor is ripped open from the Warden's attacks
    (Cinematic 014 Final Battle), bloody.

We can't leave any doubt that the big guy is dead, but aim
    for a PG-13 style, yeah? This is about the shock that there's nothing Locke can do, NOT the gore.

LOCKE (cont'd)
    Locke to Osiris, he's... he's dead, The Warden...

#FallOfAHero

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth or bullshit?

brady

Fuck no I am not reading those spoilers. I don't care if they could be fake, I am not risking it.

And holy shit Hunt the Truth is so good! I really liked last season, but damn season 2 almost makes season 1 look boring. And what I think really has to contribute to that fact is the style in which these stories are told. Ben obviously has a style much like a reporter, while Mia sounds like she's telling a story, almost like reading from a book, which I kinda prefer cause we are getting more emotions out of the narrator compared to the way Ben told it. Plus these 20 minute long episodes have been so full of awesome content it's hard not to love these new episodes.

They also released a second love action trailer (I know, the hype is real), and let me just say I called it:

[video=youtube;l0q7nGb4dhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0q7nGb4dhY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

And lastly, there are previews of the soundtrack up on Amazon. I'll link the site and a video which contains all of the previews. There are no spoilers in the track names.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halo-Guardi...=1443622564&sr=8-3&keywords=halo+5+soundtrack

[video=youtube;pDsyHkC-m3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDsyHkC-m3U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Oh and by the way, we are 24 days away from release date! I should probably pre-order it so I can predownload it on my Xbox.

EDIT: The channel Film Score Media just uploaded a few full songs from the soundtrack in high quality, and I seriously recommend you check them out. Here's "Halo Canticles":

[video=youtube;gzEnzIpJYoM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzEnzIpJYoM[/video]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Hybrid

This is the Halo 5 Guardians trailer you've been waiting for.

[youtube]kAvktJCsNIk[/youtube]

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I need an Xbox One

brady

Have you guys read the article on Halo 5 forge? It is gonna be insane the maps that we can build! It kinda sucks it won't release until December but oh well. More time for me to focus on campaign and multiplayer.

Oh, and ranking was announced. It's pretty much what we saw in the beta.

20. Will

Spoilers (don't read this post unless you don't give a shit about spoilers):

Based on a couple things I stumbled across on r/Halo, it seems Blue Team will feature in only three missions whereas Fireteam Osiris will feature in the other twelve missions. Apparently, the three Blue Team missions are each twice as long as any Fireteam Osiris mission. That's still a shitty ratio of Blue Team to Fireteam Osiris missions.

But if that's true that's a huge slap in the face. Halo belongs to 117, not Locke. It sucks how much 343i has shoved Locke down our throats.

However, I've got a theory on this: By now we've all heard the rumor that 177 dies in Guardians. If this is true then it makes sense for 343i to set up Locke as the main character of Guardians if 117 dies, because that means Locke will be the main character of Halo 6. That doesn't mean 117 won't ever come back, based on other ridiculously-plausible fan theories regarding 117, but it makes sense in that regard.