The Official Halo Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, May 16, 2014.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't give two shits about multiplayer because I'm horrible at it so it won't bother me any of Guardians doesn't have a smooth release insofar as its multiplayer's concerned. I've never been concerned with playing online because, as I said, I'm terrible at it; I prefer the single-player campaign because I actually give a shit about the story (which is why I wish Joe Staten stayed on with 343i because Halo is his story).

I'll probably preorder a Guardians Xbox One bundle this summer because it's pretty inevitable that they'll release one.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I love Halo's storyline, so whether or not Multiplayer works on release, even though I think 343 will make damn sure it does, I will still be getting this game.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

If any of you guys haven't checked it out, 343 released a tumblr page for Hunt the Truth. Very interesting how 343 will be slowly revealing to us the truth of the Master Chief through these journal entries. Whether they've screwed up the multiplayer or not, it's undeniable that 343 has handled the Halo story very well. With their weekly canon releases, terminals, new books, and now this, this is more than Bungie ever gave us.

And onto the books, if any of you guys were fans of ODST and haven't read New Blood, I highly recommend you do. I thoroughly enjoyed that story, and I can't wait for the four more books that are coming our way this year.

Hybrid

brady

Woops, I thought you made that post before the full site launched, my bad.

Hybrid

Haha! No worries dude! Excited for this. :)

brady

I know! I have a feeling the Halo 5 campaign might be the best yet. 343 sure are hyping it up to be. Unlike Halo 4, they are really putting emphasis on the story instead of the multiplayer.

brady

Episode 1 of Hunt the Truth is now out.

But the even more interesting content that came out today was a new live action ad for Agent Locke and Master Chief.

[video=youtube;tHQiYPiNVEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQiYPiNVEE[/video]

[video=youtube;9rd8FWUCCZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rd8FWUCCZk[/video]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[thumb]http://memecrunch.com/meme/PRZC/john-wall-bruh/image.png[/thumb][thumb]https://gataplex.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mindblown_st.gif[/thumb][​IMG][thumb]http://i.imgur.com/Qx5lQ.gif[/thumb]

Will

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. FUCK! FUCKING FUCK!!!

Ahem.

Those trailers were more exciting than some full-length movie trailers. I can't wait.

We know human colony worlds have been attacked, we know the Master Chief has gone missing or rogue, and we know Locke's been tasked with finding the Master Chief. My best guess is Locke some how holds the Master Chief responsible for what I'm going to assume are Didact-led attacks. (Because let's face it, the Didact probably survived Halo 4 and would want revenge against the Master Chief and humanity as a whole.) I'll assume Locke's become delusional and absolutely convinced it's the Chief's fault.

I can't fucking wait.

brady

I'm guessing you haven't read Halo Escalation. Just watch a channel called Halo Canon. He has posted videos about every issue so far and it addresses things you mentioned in your theory.

Will

I don't even know what that is.

I haven't read any of the books since The Cole Protocol (for whatever reason). I've tried to keep up with what's going on regardless, but it's not exactly easy.

Does this channel get its info from canon sources (like the books)? Because as far as I know, the only thing linking Halo 4 and Halo 5 at the moment is Halo: Nightfall (and that was garbage).

brady

Halo Escalation is a comic book series that has been coming out monthly for a while now. Some pretty major stuff happens in the comics, which is why I recommended you to watch overviews of the comics. And yes, his channel focuses on all the lore/Canon in the Halo universe, so he does discuss things like the books, new trailers, and the weekly Canon info 343 provides.

Hybrid

Man... Going through and listening to the Hunt The Truth entries and reading up on the tumblr website, Theories are going over and over in my head. Like there is a theory that Chief goes to save Halsey as a way to rebuild Cortana, thus making him a UNSC traitor after what happens with Halsey during the Spartan Ops episodes. There is also another, more in depth theory going around that Chief is the IsoDidact(Bornstellar) Reborn. What that might have to do with Making him a traitor? I'm not so sure, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if those two theories are intertwined. Especially since Halsey has the Janus Key. I'm still trying to process all of this and make sense of it...

Will

Jesus fuck.

The Master Chief being Bornstellar would be ABSOLUTELY FUCKING INSANE.

God damn I need an Xbox One. :lol:

brady

I know, right?!

But it's ridiculous how people are criticizing 343 for including "too much story" into Halo. So I guess Bungie handled it perfect, right? Making an action packed story mode with the actual rich story details being included outside of the games. Bungie essentially did the same thing with Destiny, and everyone was livid about that. So now 343 is decided to actually utilize the Halo universe in the games. But nope, 343 is including too much of the Halo universe now in the games.
    :facepalm:

Will

Wait, what?

People are mad that 343i's fleshing out the story? That makes absolutely no fucking sense. Would they rather have a boring, mindless, done-to-death Call of Duty-esque story that doesn't matter?

What the fuck? That makes me so fucking mad.

brady

I noticed it recently with the addition of the old Halo 2 picture (the one with the MC holding two SMGs) being added into the Halo Universe as UNSC war propaganda, and that it was originally taken by Benjamin (from Hunt the Truth) then photoshopped by ONI as war propaganda.

Hybrid

Here is the video that talks about the possibility of Chief having Bornstellar imprinted on him.
    [youtube]YklFMcZ0c6s[/youtube]
    "You are the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning."

Why the Janus Key and the Absolute Record matter:
    [youtube]meMcovgPa_o[/youtube]

Also, this makes so much sense, I almost want to believe all of it as how Halo 5 will start off:
    [youtube]wFtkmn3HfzU[/youtube]

Will

This is off-topic to those videos (I'm only halfway through the first one) but this dude keeps mispronouncing shit and it's irritating. :angry:

edit –

Ugh. Seriously. The shit he talks about is fascinating but for fuck's sake he can't pronounce ANYTHING. He pronounces "geas" like six different ways, he says "Bornstellar Makes Internal Lasting", he pronounced "343" as "thri-for-thri", and he kept saying Li-berry-an. What the fuck. SO FRUSTRATING.

I'm petty.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015