How has Guilty All The Same been charting?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blackee Dammet, Apr 20, 2014.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I can't tell and unless it's been at the same position for a month, I can't find the latest ranking for it on the website.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

It's been at #3 on the Mainstream Rock charts for 3 weeks now, hasn't faired to well anywhere else.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

It just moved up to #2 on the Mainstream Rock chart today, but that isn't saying too much. Over on Alternative, it's currently sitting at #18 on that chart. With that being said, even though this is the "lead single" of the album, it isn't a true single, and mainly serves as the purpose of giving fans a taste of the new music. The band has stated that they knew this song wouldn't fare well on radio. More than likely, Until It's Gone will be the single that's aimed more at doing well commercially. As mike said in the Noisey interview, they aren't stupid, and they know that they have to perform to a certain degree in order to keep the momentum of this thing they got going.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

It doesn't have a music video that would be played on TV either so that probably has something to do with it, other than it's far from radio friendly sound.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

See, this is what I made this thread for. This one will be gone from the first page of Linkin Park chat within a week or two.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

How is the very specific subject on the charting of a brand new single not threadworthy.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

What's the point of creating a "Random LP chat" thread? Isn't that the entire POINT of this whole subforum? You shouldn't really coopt the purpose of an entire forum and then rush into other threads on your high horse going "No, post here instead, this thread is dumb."

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Zachary

Zachary Banned

There has been little to no promotion for this album so far, so I'm not surprised that the song isn't charting well, not to mention that it's a 6 min song and radio will only play the edit which cuts the time length in half, also cutting out Rakim's part. The song also has no music video. Their isn't even a pre-order for THP yet. I think a lot of this is why it's not charting well. I think they may release another single to promote the album and it will have a music video and stuff, too. Unless they really are going with GATS as the lead single and the Project Spark thing is the actual music video.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Sirius channel 41 (Faction) played the whole thing yesterday, Rakim and all.