My extra credit assignment that I want you guys to help me with (Please?)

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Abel, Apr 15, 2014.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

OK, so basically, what the title says. It's for my History class here at UNLV, which I'm doing well in; it's just that it sounds really fun for me to do. I'll just leave the paper description here:

"Prior to each lecture, I open our class session with a song that captures the historical subject matter we aim to discuss. The songs that I choose best represent the major conflicts, struggles, and anxieties of the period under consideration. For this assignment, you are being asked to select a song that future historians will select to discuss our own moment in time (roughly 1990s-present). In choosing a song, you will need to describe:
    1) Why the song is important and significant to our current moment,
    2) What it reveals about us as a society at this moment (i.e. what are our major anxieties according to the song?), and
    3) How future historians might use the song to open a class or lecture.
    After reviewing the submissions, I will select two songs to be played during our final class sessions together. "​

So yeah! The reason why I'm posting this here in the LPA is because I want to use a Linkin Park or Fort Minor song, although I will definitely accept a Dead by Sunrise song if it fits. I really want to use Guilty All The Same, but I'm not so sure on it yet, so that's why I'm asking you guys to help me. Any LP/FM/possibly DBS song that comes to mind? I'll type the essay with any other information I can gather up regarding the song I choose, but it would be awesome if you guys can help me by giving me a song and telling me why it fits with the prompt.

Thanks everyone!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I would use little things personally.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I would personally use Hands Held High.