Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid, Apr 10, 2014.

1. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I was kidding, dammit :lol:

2. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Sorry. :lol:

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

ICYMI Cobie Smulders is coming back to the show in season 2.

I wonder how this cameo affects the show. I think she'll eventually sort out an agreement between the two factions.

Also, what the hell happened to Ian Quinn and Graviton?

4. Will

I think whatshername's return'll coincide with the Age of Ultron crossover they've been talking about.

As for Ian Quinn and Gravitron, I believe Quinn was arrested and Talbot's got him, and Gravitron's still stuck inside the gravitonium inside that glass case.

5. The Joesen One

Honestly I have no idea how AOS crosses over with Avengers unless they'll fight a gazillion Ultrons at the end, which will kill the show's budget. :lol:

Quinn was never mention as arrested; then again, it's a good decision that they've gone into the Raina/Inhuman/drawings storyline first. One at a time. Maybe Skye needs to fully develop her powers to fight Graviton, because he's gonna be pissed that he's stuck there for months.

6. Will

Hm. I looked it up, and you're right. Quinn and Raina escape with the gravitonium during S.H.I.E.L.D.'s raid on Quinn's complex.

I hope they bring him back in some capacity at some point. He's a great character and for them to just seemingly "forget" about him seems really, really odd.

7. The Joesen One

8. Will

One of the comments mentions it could be based on Cloak and Dagger and their comics series. I also saw a few people suggesting Cloak and Dagger on a couple of other sites. I think that'd be awesome. The only problem's that Cloak and Dagger are strongly associated with the X-Men so their rights could very well be owned by Fox.

I still think it's either going to be Agents of S.W.O.R.D. to tie into Captain Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy, or a Secret Avengers series that'll tie into the post-Civil War era of the MCU.

edit —

A synopsis for the next episode "Scars" reveals that Coulson tells his team what his secret plan was. I can't wait.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  9. The Joesen One

"Scars" is not the next episode. Marvel gives out synopses at least three weeks/eps in advance. The next one is "Frenemy of My Enemy" then "The Dirty Half Dozen" then "Scars" then the two-part season finale "S.O.S."

10. Will

That's what I said, stupid.

Is it so hard to wait to read my post for three weeks? GOSH.

11. polleo

Okay, I'm forgetful so I might have missed some stuff from the previous episodes but I have some questions. Spoiler Warning.

1. Jiyang tells Skye that no one else in Afterlife can know that they're family. Yet, in this episode, Skye is casually talking to Lincoln about it. What?

2. In Cal's office, when Hydra attacks, Cal remarks "Shield?" and Skye replies with "No, hydra". How the fuck do you know?

3. What is May up-to? Coulson has held many secrets from her, she kept her reports to Nick Fury a secret for fucks sake. She has also kept secrets from the rest of the team quite often along with Coulson. But now somehow the "real Shield" convinces her that Coulson is bad now because he's working with Ward and Mike? What? I'm not criticizing the show, I think they're going to explain it well and I'm waiting. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the cavalry story, that would a bit cliched? I think.

4. Wait, we were shown that despite Agent 33's hatred of hydra, she was brainwashed after a long struggle into compliance by Whitehall. We know that its a powerful technique. So, its obvious that Bakshi wasn't betraying them. Ward must have planned this. Right? He even says "Coulson's "end-game" doesn't matter, it only matters we get ours," So, I'm just speculating. I wonder if I'm right.

5. Also, shouldn't Gordon have tried to save Lincoln too? He could have picked Lincoln up and then dragged Skye off. I hope its not because Skye is more special or some bullshit like that. Skye was special in shield but there was a reason for it. Here, she's just one of them. The show needs to drop the "Skye is special" attitude. Seriously, Gordon could have picked up Lincoln, thereby giving time for Skye to talk to Coulson instead of letting hydra get Lincoln, and dramatically blocking Skye-Coulson re-union.

6. I hope Deathlok doesn't go through more torture. Come on, his life has been so tragic. All he wanted was to be a superhero. I don't want to see hydra fuck him up someway again. Dear god, Bakshi says something about a compliance program, please no. Wait, hold on, Simmons has his feed, so she can help him right? I hope the real shield goes after hydra instead of chasing Coulson this time. That would be really annoying.

---

This episode was clunky.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  12. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

1) I thought it was established that he already knew, since he was present at the "family dinner" last episode. He's someone they can obviously trust.

2) Most likely the logo was on the uniform. Plus, Skye would know whether nor not that was a S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform or not.

3) It's not so much that she thinks Coulson's is "bad," but more that working with Ward is an incredibly stupid idea. It has already been established that S.H.I.E.L.D. wants Coulson down because they believe he has been "compromised" so to speak. He's making decisions that are highly questionable, such as trying to protect someone as dangerous as Skye, amongst other things. Add on top of that working with a former Agent who is highly unpredictable and dangerous, and you see a man who seemingly can't make the right decisions. I don't agree with it, but it is an understandable point of view. Opening the box is necessary for them in seeing what else Coulson may be messing up on.

4) Possibly

5) Like it or not, both Cal and Skye are the ones who are important. Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D. were closing in, something Gordon would not want. They needed to get out of there as quick as possible. Cal needed to be taken because he is so dangerous, and Skye because she can calm him down, and to further train. Lincoln just isn't important enough to warrant the time to save. Had Gordon done so, people may have died.

6) Agreed. And there's not much chance of S.H.I.E.L.D. going after Coulson's team. That much is seen from next episode's preview. :p

I thought it was a fantastic episode. One aspect of the show that continuously suprises me is how successful they are in making Cal such a sympathetic character, despite how monstrous he really is; you can't help but feel terrible for the guy. Those last 10 minute or so caught me off guard, I was not expecting it to be that exciting. :lol: It should really be interesting to see how the events of Age Of Ultron will tie into the show in two weeks, considering how Hydra and Baron Von Stucker are now being brought back into the fold.

13. polleo

Ah cool. But wait, Gordon didn't pick up Cal right? He came and took along Skye and Cal ran into him right? :lol:

Also eh, don't see why Skye matters more than other inhumans. Atleast to Gordon.

EDIT: I agree Gibs, Cal is such an interesting character. He's obviously insane but at the same time you can't help sympathising with him. Every-time Skye calls him a monster, I feel bad for him. He's a nice break from generic evil characters.

14. Will

I think the dude who plays Cal is the best actor on the show hands down. The way he can convey all of those emotions, the way he can go from psychotic to relatively calm like that, the utter nervousness yet love for his daughter that he can convey while talking to Skye... The dude can fucking act, man. He's so goddamn good it makes me angry.

15. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Agent Cooper is a great actor, but Cal sucks as a character. I thought they were going to turn him into an interesting one until they threw his story into the shitter again last episode.

16. polleo

[THUMB]http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/04/22/agents-of-shield.jpg[/THUMB]

Teaser art for the next episode. The episode apparently features the original six members of the team together to save Deathlok and Lincoln. And according to the executive producer Jell Bell, there's an Easter egg in the poster. Cool.

17. Will

I can't find the Easter egg, unless the Easter egg is the Quinjet, which I'm pretty sure Coulson's team doesn't have access to (but I can't remember for sure).

18. The Joesen One

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24501/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_sos.

The two-part finale's synopsis is revealed. I'm a little worried that Raina, Deathlok, Gonzales and Mack might not make it out alive because Edward James Olmos and J. August Richards are not listed in the finale, Ruth Negga is only listed for Part One & she has a new show, and Henry Simmons is only listed as a guest star for the entire season, whcih makes me worried that he'll share the same fate as B.J. Britt, who was a guest star for his entire stint on the show.

19. polleo

Oh well, they can't make Deathlok's character even more of a tragedy right? If they did, it would be cheating. Mack almost died in that ancient Kree city too. If they did kill the characters then the audience would get weary with the show, lol. Would not be a good move, I think.

20. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Wouldn't miss any of them. Hopefully it'd clear the messy story up a bit.