Muse seventh album

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Omar Ali, Apr 10, 2014.

Omar Ali

Omar Ali Active Member

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

They haven't officially announced anything yet, but when they do, I'm going to immediately switch into fan girl mode. Yes you heard me. For Muse I fanboy so hard I turn into a fangirl. :lol:

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hmm, comments about wanting to strip away the electronics. Sounds like they're going bak2 der roots.

Kind of pointless to make a thread this early, but still, I'm interested. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Would love to hear some OoS-era Muse. I love almost everything they do but they need to get back to the epic riffs.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Not to bash The 2nd Law, because I really like the album, but I feel like they sort of lost a certain edge they had. Supremacy and Liquid State both have great song writing and variety to their sound, but really lack the energy songs like Stockholm Syndrome had. Or how some of the softer songs like Explorers really didn't sound as sweet as I Belong To You.

My point isn't that songs have to sound like older songs, but that they don't have the emotion they used to have down.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I agree. I hated "Madness" the first time I heard it because I was expecting it to turn heavy and epic, but it stayed in power-ballad mode. I feel The 2nd Law suffered from a lot of that.

Excited to see them return back to a rock-first sound. Don't get me wrong, I like the rock opera stuff but it doesn't have that edge and emotion that you speak of.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I like pre-Resistance Muse, and that's not just because they rocked more. It feels like they went from being quirky and kind of cheesy in an endearing way to full-on ridiculous. I think they would benefit from being a little (okay, a lot) less indulgent.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I think The Resistance is their weak album. Good but weaker. The 2nd Law was excellent though IMO. I really enjoyed it. So I'm optimistic for the future.

RazorEye

A part of me wants them to do more of The Resistance and The 2nd Law sound, but another part wants me wants them to do more of the Origin of Symmetry and Absolution sound. I'll opt for both and something new as well!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I've been listening to The 2nd Law a lot lately, love it.

I'd definitely like that Stockholm Syndrome/Hysteria/Hyper Music agression, though.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

What I really want them to do (and stop me when this sounds crazy!) is play music. And I know Im getting picky here but something in the vein of Muse would be just amazing.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Whatever they do, it's gonna fucking rule. I shall be anticipating.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Exciting! They've already said that they're gonna go back to a more guitar-driven album (if I can believe the quotes put on Wikipedia... lol).I just hope they quit the whole Queen-parade. It's one thing to be influenced by a band, but Survival was just... no, too much.

I overall liked the 2nd Law but I prefer everything pre-Resistance. Resistance was a good album but didn't do it for me.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I think they've always sounded like Queen. In fact thats kind of how I refer to them. The modern day queen.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Awh yeah!

RazorEye

I agree with this. Bellamy has been Freddie Mercurying it since Showbiz!

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

They sound like Queen a lot, but when I think "modern day Queen", i think of fun.

[video=youtube;BAyNR4CEPE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAyNR4CEPE8[/video]

This song just SCREAMS Queen.

RazorEye

I don't know about that. fun. doesn't sound remotely like Queen to me. Unless you're talking about Hot Space Queen! :kappa:

P.S.: I don't actually hate fun. I love them, but I hate Hot Space as much as the next person. :p

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I prefer The Resistance to The 2nd Law. I like Chris's singing, but I think those two songs weakened the album by a notch.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Well, yes, but I don't have a problem with sounding like Queen or anything. I just think they've gone overboard with it on their last album (aka Survival). When something is that similar, the similarities just take you out of the experience.