Linkin Park Announce Remixable Music Video Game With Project Spark

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Mar 25, 2014.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well, I assumed these were released for free? just in a different medium. Is Project Spark f2p? if not, then it is 100% acceptable to remove the links and I have no problem.

:lol:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Listening to the guitar stem now, this is the same stem that contains Joe's parts. He's surprisingly got a lot going on that I haven't heard yet! :lol: Even some guitar parts too.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This honestly got out of hand when it didn't need to be.

Right now we haven't put the stems for GATS online because we haven't gotten official approval yet to post them. The difference with Lost In The Echo and A Light That Never Comes is that those were publicly posted, for download...without the need to rip software. They basically had a big 'DOWNLOAD THIS' button, which made them perfectly legal to post.

This, if I'm not mistaken are part of software. They're there for the fans to use, but they're not available to people who aren't using Project Spark. Therefore, it puts them (in my opinion) in the same vein as Stagelight. They're there to be used within the proprietary software, but not publicly hosted outside of said software for use. Hence our caution.

I mean look...people may want to vomit at how much we bow down to management at times, but we do it for the good of this website. We respect the band and the people in management because we want them to respect US. We feel that respect goes not only both ways...but a long way as well, and that the only way to do things "right" is by the book and with respect to the people who work hard to protect the band's music and special interests. We could throw money at people to "buy our way" into exclusives or bribe people into giving us special treatment or content, but we feel that is borderline unethical in the grand scheme of things. It certainly doesn't win respect from the people who truly count (the band, and management) and it certainly doesn't allow us to get the fans the special content they've come to expect from us here.

So call it an overreaction, but Hybrid was simply doing what he could to protect the site. He had his heart in the right place, and I personally feel he acted properly and not "circus like".

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

At no point did I say "POST LINKS TO RIPS IN THIS THREAD", though. ;)

Derek

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So everyone's clear here, Nerd42 only got a verbal, unofficial warning by me which I will revoke at this time. As Derek said, I was looking after what was best for the site. That being said, Nerd42, I extend a humble apology to you. And so nobody gets it twisted up that we are acting "circus-like," the staff has been in constant communication with each other about this issue the whole time.

Derek

Looking forward to hearing what remixes you guys come up with. I'm bringing back MMU for a month just for this track so you guys better kick ass ;). It's a free for all which means any genre, as long as the song remixed is GATS.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Cool and thanks!

Accapella is niceeeeeeeeeeeeee.

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Was expecting something else...

Nerd42

Nerd42 Well-Known Member

Who converted the Linkin Park DJ Hero 2 DLC stems? Me.
    Who shared the "Somewhere I Belong" stems? Also me. (somebody else beat me to it on the other Rock Band tracks, but I'm cool with that)
    And I was first to share these too.
    I don't post much, but when I do, booyah.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, you shouldn't be "cool with that". That doesn't sound like the Nerd42 that I know and love! Plot some revenge!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

And the nobel prize goes to...