New guy here !

Discussion in 'Newbie Camp' started by Breno9712, Mar 8, 2014.

Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Breno and I'm from Brasilia, Brazil. I registered in November last year but never posted anything. I just needed to gain a little more confidence on my English skills :D And now with all the hype the new album is promoting, I really felt the need to join this adventure!

I'm 16 and met Linkin Park when I was probably 9 or 10 years old on a YouTube fan video from Naruto's last battle with Sasuke :lol: I think In The End was on that video. During that period, the band was releasing Minutes To Midnight. Although I didn't become a fan of their music (I was only 10!), I remember listening to songs like Breaking The Habit, From The Inside, NUMB, What I've Done while I was playing on my computer and I really enjoyed the vibe from those songs! They were all so catchy and I loved Chester's voice. The lyrics definitely didn't mean anything to me because I was a kid that barely spoke Portuguese. Imagine understand all those words on a foreign language! So, on that moment of my life, it was just this. A band that I liked to listen to once in a while.

Then, 4 years later, I enter YouTube after a long day of school. While I was thinking in what to watch, one of those blue bars that promote music festivals that are being transmitted caught my eye. It was the Rock In Rio: Lisbon festival. I was like ''ok, I have nothing to watch, why not some music?''. The best decision I ever made in my life!

It was Linkin Park's perfomance! And I was even more lucky because I arrived on their first song! I think it was ''A Place For My Head''. I can't describe the level of nostalgia I felt during that perfomance. When it ended, I immediately started to search some information about that band that I used to listen to when I was a kid. I listened to all the albums in one month. I loved the agression of Hybrid Theory and Meteora, the organic feel of Minutes To Midnight, the innovation of A Thousand Suns and the energy of LIVING THINGS. I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS BAND!

So that's it. Sorry if it's a bit too long, but these memories began to appear in my mind and I thought it was interesting for an introduction. I'll try to be an active member here. It's my last year in school, so that make my year a little busy (and scary to tell the truth :lol:). Hope to meet some new people here, too! Thanks! ;)

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Hi, Breno! Welcome to the LPA! :come2brazil:

Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

Thank you, Ree! :come2brazil:

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Welcome to the LPA! *holds out smaller, alternative welcome plate* Bagel?

Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

Sorry, I think I'll stick with Vdalem's cookies if he offers me some :trollface:

Just kidding! I think I'll have both, thanks for the welcome Jamey!

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Welcome to the LPA!

Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

Thank you Fading! Nice signature btw!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Welcome to the LPA! :come2brazil:

Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

Thanks, Hybrid! (That smiley... :lol:)

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

welcome to LPA *takes bagels away* Cookie?

Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

Hmmm.... I loooove cookiez. :isee: Thanks, Vdalem!