Andy Wallace Mixing New Linkin Park Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Feb 22, 2014.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Andy Wallace is most likely mixing for LP6. This article would support that.

Wallace would not be mixing a song for Transformers if Marroquin was already at it.

I have a feeling that LP6 was supposed to be finished with recording by December, but with the new Transformers movie coming soon, it may have interfered with the scheduled time for the recording of the album. It's likely that recording for LP6 was halted by October/November in order to record new material for use in TF4; possibly because Paramount was unhappy with LP6 material for the movie. New music would then be worked on within the time frame of late October to the middle of December. Manny would then be mixing one of the chosen songs, around the time of late December to early January as shown by the article above. As Manny mixes the TF4 song, it seems like the band is finishing up the last month or so's worth of work, that was delayed, into the album and finally Andy Wallace is mixing the album after the last bit of recording is completed. This is further supported by the cancellation of the STP shows scheduled for late February to March, as Chester wouldn't have made commitments with STP to multiple festivals and shows if the band didn't truly believe that a song from LP6 would be used for TF4.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

On a serious note, though, I like this news.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Oh, I'll give you a serious note... E flat. There you go.

Nothing says "AM F***IN' SERIOUS, PAL" like a good E flat.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

How could Paramount be unhappy about the material for LP6? because its not radio-friendly like New Divide? .. they were working with Aoki again for TF4, and again 5 songs, right? i think that was i heard last time.. so that to speak that LP & Aoki are doing an EP for TF4? .. As of now, I'm a little bit confused about the process between LP6 and this TF4... As they are wrapping for the lead single for LP6 (maybe it will release soon by March / April 2014, hopefully) so that means, the next for single for LP6 will be delayed in favor for the lead single for TF4?

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

No but in all seriousness. We don't know shit, and that's good.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

What the fuck? A bit random don't you think? :lol:

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Sounds like the most logical reason. I really think Andy Is mixing LP6 because LP is closer to the end process of there album then the beginning.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Over on LPLive Astat brought up that maybe Manny is the mixer for the Mall soundtrack while Andy is is doing LP6.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm certainly no expert on the work of sound engineers, but I do remember the Making of Meteora video. Mike and Brad headed out to New York to work with Andy Wallace. Mike mentions how legendary he is, and I'm inclined to believe his statement. I'm more excited that some new LP material (either LP6 or TF4) seems to be completed. One thing I do know about mixing is that it's done at the end of the recording process. New LP songs coming soon!

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Let's just start by comparing the "sound" and "bridges" in the first two albums. More of a simpler but yet heavy sound. Which was great because you want a good, quick burst of energy.

Now the last 3 albums with rick Rubin, it's more of a softer, longer/expanded sound (most songs). For example, a song like burn it down, the bridges are longer and the quick burst of energy just isn't there. And don't get me wrong, rick Rubin is a good producer, but after 3 long and 1 really rushed album (LT) they need a change. I would like to see what's in store for LP6.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Okay guys, re-opened. Try to stay on topic, but that shouldn't be an issue now ;)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I would just like to take a moment to say how I love how passionatly PikachuFuck defended Imagine Dragons after calling them ''manufactured pop garbage'' in another thread.

Moving on...

I'd say it could be The Mall OST as well. Album couldn't have went from Mike not telling us what direction they're taking to being mixed in two weeks.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm more interested in the Mall OST to be honest. Less chance of being bogged down by expectations. Still this news is very exciting.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Will The Mall OST sound more like The Raid Soundtrack or something that includes strings like a traditional soundtrack?

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Andy Wallace has never done a soundtrack (as fas as I know. Could be wrong) and I don't think he would start now. Plus for whatever reason, I just don't think the guys would bring him in for an OST. An album and an OST are 2 completely different things and like I said I don't think Wallace has soundtrack experience.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

PikachuFuck was banned? Well... he was quite the character.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Mike did mention in the "studio update" that he can't wait for us to hear it this summer. So I'm gonna assume this mixing process is definitely for the album.

His name says it all....

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

He will be missed... lets never speak of him again.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Lets keep the thread focused on track guys. :)

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Thanks Todd. Appreciated it.

About Andy, well, I can only be excited because it's just one more move to confirm Linkin Park have definitely switched their game up a a bit, even when we know they've worked with him in the past, it was a long time ago though.

Despite the fact LP was trying to do different things on their last few albums, we have to admit the process was getting routinary and "predictable" in some way, who knows, I could even think that routine could've even affected their creative process in a subconscious way, where things were coming along almost in a mechanical way, like a production line.

I'm not trying to say LP was like a machine while making things, it's just that the process I think at some point it might have been too rigid (a seed-passing it around every band member-tweaking in the computer-listening-rating it-repeat), and a switch in their approach in favor of a more organic conception of the ideas could do wonders, in my opinión.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014