"Chester Bennington for Porsche Design" T-shirt + meet & greet details

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 27, 2014.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A news post on linkinpark.com reveals a collaboration between Chester Bennington and Porsche, which has resulted in a limited-edition "Chester Bennington for Porsche Design" T-shirt. The shirt will be available only from Porsche's Design store in SoHo, in New York, at the price of $109 USD. It will be available for pre-sale via the same store on February 8.

[THUMB]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/012714-175418_4046901818593_V1_03411.jpg[/THUMB]​

Bennington will be at a meet & greet event in New York on the evening of February 8, where attendants can purchase one of the shirts and have the opportunity to meet him and have their shirts signed.

This news comes after the announcement that Music For Relief would be auctioning off a Porsche Design Blackberry phone autographed by members of Linkin Park.

Furthermore, one of the items which were up for bidding in the recent Music For Relief/Charitybuzz action was "A Unique Porsche Design NYC Fashion Week Experience with Chester Bennington of Linkin Park", revealing that Bennington would be attending the Porsche Design Fall/Winter 2014 Runway Show at New York Fashion Week.

Source: linkinpark.com

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

That's a really nice shirt! But also way too expensive. Then again, I'd imagine that some of the profits go to Music for Relief? At least, I hope so :lol:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I doubt it homie.

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Honestly I saw the title of the thread and all I could think was "...what?" :lol:

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

A nice abstract print, but not worth the price. It neither screams " THIS IS A C.BENNINGTON SHIRT! ", nor does it subtly emulate any recognizable traits of him on the print.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah - I actually found nothing truly indicating that he had anything to do with the design. Usually, in cases like this, the band members' involvement is heavily emphasised

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

ERMEGERD CHESTERS A SELLOUT! :kappa:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I couldn't bring myself to pay $45 for a concert tee at the last LP show I went to. There is no way a +$100 shirt will ever make it to my wardrobe or LP shirt collection.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

WHEN THE FUCK WILL ALL THESE COLLABORATIONS STOP. GOD DAMN IT.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If it's not listed anywhere that it is then I wouldn't count on it. Ve'cel clothing was this expensive (well not quite but close) when it came out before Chester canceled the clothing line.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Well, then I rest my case: way too expensive.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

When you have a band like LP, I think it's unavoidable. 3 of the members all have (or had) outside artistic ventures. They're prime candidates for collabs just like this one.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

$109 dollars for a t-shirt that's just sone ignorant ass bitch sheeeeeiiiittt.

#macklemore

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

C'mon, I understand where your complaints come from, but Porsche Design does make dope stuff. Their collab with Blackberry made the phone much better-looking, and their timepieces are spectacular. Really is one of my fav brands out there, though there's no way in hell for me to afford one at this point of my life... Really hoping that I could get one of their watches in the future..

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

No way in hell would I buy the shirt but I might just go over there on saturday and stand outside the store with my puppy dog eyes and a frown on my face. Maybe someone will have pity and let me in to meet him.