Sherlock (Season 3)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Jan 3, 2014.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

With the David Tennant's Doctor Who regeneration ripoff on Christmas and the mess that was this last episode of Sherlock, it's clear to me Moffat honestly works better as a writer under someone.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Well, technically he works under Mark Gatiss, since he's the show runner, and I believe Stephen Thompson wrote "The Sign of Three", did he not? Moffat's episode doesn't air until Sunday, so you have Thompson and Colm McCarthy to blame for last week's episode! :p

Also, "David Tennant's Doctor Who regeneration ripoff"?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 3:

holy shit @ the ending. i donno how they will manage to explain Moriarty's return but its good to have him back tbh... because he's the only character who truly matches Sherlock. this fact is driven home further by this season's weak villain. the Augustus character was boring as fuck.

i saw the whole "mind palace Appledore" trick coming the moment he had that convo with Sherlock at the restaurant. they really didn't need to make it seem like a big revelation towards the end of the episode.

this season overall was the weakest. a lot of overplotting that really didn't go anywhere and felt all over the place. plus it didn't introduce any new memorable characters. the whole Mary twist did absolutely nothing for me and it felt kind of far fetched. only thing that really has me hooked to the show anymore is seeing how Moriarty makes a comeback.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Matt Smith's regeneration couldn't have been more forced and the whole Amy hallucination just because David took the effort to go visit everyone.

And Moffat was credited under the second episode in the opening credits, too, actually - it was written by all 3, ironically enough.

I liked Magnusson a whole ton but I wasn't happy with that abrupt ending. That being said, it's great to have you-know-who coming back, because I did indeed, miss him.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

VOLDEMORT??? Oh my the British really do have a problem with muggles versus wizards. They need to get to Platform 9¾ fast!

Sorry couldn't help myself

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

*sigh* didn't like that episode at all.

-Spoiler-
    The whole "Mary being a psychopath" thing was almost interesting at the reveal but I don't feel like it did much of anything for the plot. The druggie side kick dude was cool, would like to see more of him. Magnussen was lame as hell, and it really wasn't much of a build up when they revealed "OMG WHOA HE PUT JOHN IN A PILE OF BURNING WOOD WOW GREAT VILLAIN THIS MAKES SENSE!" and the mind palace vault thing. Excited for seeing more of Moriarty, I guess. A new villain would have been great too though
    -Spoiler-

Well. Till next season I guess.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Gatiss and Moffat were only responsible for the ending of the episode, apparently.

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

LOVED the second episode. And the ending of the third... KYAAAAA!!!