LPA Monthly Mix-Up: November 2013: Winners

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Dec 4, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Last month, we challenged the community to remix or mash-up songs from the Fort Minor collection. We were pleased with the over-all outcome since we were running side by side with the Indaba "A Light That Never Comes" remix contest. The winning entries stood tall last month and they distinctly stood out from the crowd. We are pleased to announced that the winners from the November 2013 edition of the MMU are:

Winner:

leftshoe18: "Iodine"

Leftshoe took a very "left-field" industrial approach to their remix and created a very different, loud and "crunchy" take on "In Stereo." From the start of the song, it sets the tone in a very "sit down and take what's coming to you" kind of way. This remix is both aggressive and enjoyable.

Runners Up:

Decay: "Come Back"

Decay created this amazing soul-throwback version of "Where'd You Go" this month. Decay also enlisted the help of Zak with the piano in this remix, which is like the best icing you've ever had on an absolutely amazing cake. If you don't like icing, you will still like the decisions that were made in this absolutely amazing track.

sʟᴀᴠᴇ △ᴘᴘᴀʀᴀ†ᴜs [MaggotTheory]: "There They Go" (Slave △ppara†us Remix)

MaggotTheory created this dark industrial, heavy synth remix of "There They Go." The tone of this remix makes it feel like it would be right at home in the soundtrack of an epic movie blockbuster. Very mood-driven, which is extremely appealing to hear.

Banerism [Bane]: "Believe Me" (Banerism Remix)

This month, Bane made this electronica version of "Believe Me" that both wowed and amazed the judges. The synth work in this mix is pretty awesome and Bane manages to make it work with his acapella.

Congratulations to the winners from last month's competition! December sees a return of the Monthly Mix-Up remix competition in the form of an LPU XIII FREE-FOR-ALL. Good luck to those entering this month's competition and congrats to those who placed last month!

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the kind words, much appreciated! Congrats to the winners this month, it was a really strong month!

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

BUT I WORKED SO HARD ON THIS INSTRUMENTAL D::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    :'( *sniff*
    IN ANY CASE
    Congratulations!
    The winner remix is bomb,
    and we all know the rest breaks walls aswell, otherwise they wouldnt be runner ups
    GOOD JOB YOU ALL!

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Thanks so much for choosing me as a runner-up guys! Every month I'm excited just to participate and have fun making music to be heard here. Congratulations to the winner and other runners-up who were chosen, you all were awesome. Once again, I'm very grateful guys!

MaggotTheory

MaggotTheory Musician

I am really glad I participated in this. I'll definitely be competing more often.

And thanks for the Runner Up! I appreciate it.

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Awesome job, Left Shoe. I knew you had it in you. :D

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Dope stuff! Congrats guys!

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Holy motherfucking shit. Iodine is the SHIT!!!!

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Thanks for choosing me as the winner. There were a lot of other kickass remixes including the runner ups.