Linkin Park Announce Headlining Rock Am Ring And Rock Im Park 2014.

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Nov 26, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Linkin Park have announced on Facebook that they will be headlining Rock am Ring and Rock im Park alongside Metallica, Kings of Leon, and Iron Maiden. Tickets for both festivals go on sale tomorrow, November 27th at 9AM CET (12:00AM PST) here.

Who's excited? Are you planning on going? What do you think they will play? Stop by our forums and tell us about it!

Source: Linkin Park Facebook via faTal1ty090 and Kevin

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Hoping for at least a song from LP6 to be ready by the time these festivals are played :') .. Oh plz!

Also PROSHOTS. But it sucks how since 2007 Warner hasn't let RaR team to broadcast the FULL show, I don't want 6 songs :disgust:

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Metallica, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden, and Kings of Leon. Two really heavy metal bands with two softer rock bands. Really big contrasts here. Kind of weird.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

It isn't the first time LP is headlining alongside Metallica though, so it isn't that surprising or weird in that regard :)

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

The only time LP ever came to Louisiana was when they were with Metallica. Talk about a looooooooooong time ago.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I wanna gooooooo. :(

LP6 May.

Thervit

Thervit Member

Nice! I was looking foreward to the next concerts of Linkin Park in Germany for a long time! I really want to go to one of those two concerts, cause I'm from germany :) It would be my first LP concert I go to!

And I hope they'll play a song of LP6 as well. That would be sooo awwesome!
    Either way I'm going to watch both concerts on YouTube when they've took place. ;)

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Linkin Park always seems to be with Metallica, which is awesome!

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I see this as kind of a big deal. Huge show.

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

I didn't expect sales this soon. I would love them to come too Holland next year for a 'not festival' show but I gues to be safe is to buy a ticket for on of these shows....

Hell of a roadtrip haha.

I've never seen Qwerty live so I would love to see that. Maybe a nice mix with lpu 13 variations of songs and a few living things songs I haven't seen live.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

LP headlines festivals with Metallica so much they should just do a song together.

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

I used to think it was cool that Linkin Park toured with Metallica, but when Limp Bizkit is in that same tour it hardly means anything.

Hybrid

Wow. I highly beg to differ. I was at the infamous Chicago Summer Sanitarium show where we booed Bizkit off stage. They played 3 and a half songs. The only bad part about that was the hour and a half wait for Metallica to come on. It was worth it to see Durst getting booed off stage and later getting arrested for firing a firearm without a permit in Cook County. Anyways, that was also the first time I met Linkin Park. That was my second favorite show that I ever went to, coming after the Chicago Summit show. The Summer Sanitarium show meant a whole lot to me.

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

That made me happy to hear.

What I meant is that the choice of Limp Bizkit reveals to me that both LP and LB were chosen to tour with Metallica because they were trendy at the time, which is a little disappointing of all reasons.

Though fast-forward ten years, and only one of those two bands is still relevant. :awesome:

Hybrid

Deftones ans Mudvayne were there as well. ;)

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Did they boo Linkin Park?

Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

I'm really want to see Linkin Park again, and this might be the closest they come to me this time around. But with both this and Download being announced, I'm still hoping for a few more European show, and hopefully one in Sweden! Otherwise I guess I'm heading to Germany next year!

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

This practically confirms Linkin Park 6. Unless they're extending the Living Things tour.

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

Yes, I'll be going :) This will be my first LP concert!

And yeah I think they're gonna play Hybrid Theory in full here too. Rock am Ring is a big enough deal for them to play it here.

I can't wait to see the face of a friend of mine who already blew 600€ on plane tickets to England because he wanted to hear HT in full that bad when LP announces that they're gonna play it here in Germany too... :trollface:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

There's no certainty LP will play Hybrid Theory in Germany. Rock am Ring festival is prior to Download, I don't think LP will play the album in full in Germany first, than in England where they made a very specific announcement.

I'm not ruling it out but I think it will be a mistake for fans to buy tickets to RaR hoping they will play HT in full.