Linkin Park to Play Hybrid Theory In Entirety

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 5, 2013.

Tags:
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

There are plenty of people who like HT/Meteora-era Linkin Park and the MTM/ATS/LT-era Linkin Park. I'm one of them. Have been since 2000. Why can't it be both?

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yeah. I tried to make this point across in shoutbox.

This is not for everybody. In Download festival there will be many people who aren't even fans of Linkin Park, and if they were to play ATS in its entirety they crowd would fall asleep to say the least, the overall flow of the album is just too slow for an Alternative Rock band's headlining show.

To me an ATS full experience setlist is for a more select crowd, not one of a festival.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I don't like this argument. I don't listen to HT or Meteora with any kind of regularity, and MTM is only on certain occasions. The only albums that really get any consistent plays from me are ATS and LT.

I've also been following this band for well over 10 years now. But by your logic, I'd have to be in the "not a real Linkin Park fan" column. Definitely not.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

this

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

15th Anniversary - 3 Disc/DVD set.
    1st disc is hybrid theory remastered plus my december and high voltage remix plus maybe 2-3 re-recorded or finished demos from that 'era', 2nd disc is audio of download set and 3rd disc, the dvd will be the entire performance from download plus a special look at how the band has grown from HT to now.

damn, I just got waay too excited for something I just fantasized about lmao

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Wow, that's awesome, it makes me want to attend that show. Too bad it's across the sea. I wonder if they'll do it for other albums.
    Forgotten, By Myself for the first time in years.
    Great news!
    My exact reaction!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, I'd say that we can't be the ones to decide who is and isn't a "real fan"

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Are they? really? People who curse out Linkin Park for the sake of listening to only their older material are considered fans? From what I understand, those "fans" are nothing more than nu-metal fans, not Linkin Park fans. Is this guy a fan?

[video=youtube;h3e_2ICwvmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3e_2ICwvmk[/video]

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I suggest you read this:

http://mikeshinoda.com/2011/06/28/why-dont-you-care-about-me-the-vocal-minority-and-clubs/

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

So pumped for this, hope it's on a live webcast! Really wish I could see it in person, my favorite era of LP (along with a lot of people) and the beginning of my fandom haha. I would be all over a re-master or something what Trapt did with re-recording their older hits. Thought that was cool. I really wish they would make this an LPU Tour kinda-thing in the US.

Andreina

Hahaha you took the words from my mouth with that last sentence.

YES. I was so going to point out Mike's blog entry.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So to have a video titled "Linkin Park Sucks" and to go on a vlog talking about how good and in his words "perfect Hybrid Theory was" and how "Meteora was very good" to finish off in a drunken recap that "Linkin Park sucks" is being a hypocrite. He said he is a fan of their older stuff and still listens to it. Technically, he is still a fan of something they've done. If you say he is not a fan, by that way of thinking, I can call out my friend Serenity Of Ashes, along with a big chunk of the LPA user base and say that they are not fans. That sounds ridiculous, right? Case in point.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

This debate is why I said "Wrong fans" in the shoutbox and provided a very narrow definition showing what exactly I meant by that. I think pandering to the crowd that only listens to Hybrid Theory and is incredibly uppity and snobbish about it is bad, and doing that with Meteora is what pidgeonholed them as artists in the mind of a lot of people without much familiarity with the band. I think it's taking a little step back in their public image by providing those "GO BACK TO NU METALZ YOUR NU SHIT SUCKS LPEEE" people with ammo. However, since it is only part of the set, I think it's not as BIG a step back. And honestly, so long as this doesn't signal anything for LP6 (And why the hell WOULD it?), I'm fine with it.

Overall, this is good news for fans who like the album without being entitled snobs about it, and notsogood for the people who have to deal with those who choose to fling this around as "evidence" that LP is giving in to them and "admitting" their new stuff "sucks".

It's gonna be good to have a recording of this, though, all of that public image shit aside. I don't nessecarily think it's a bad idea, I just shudder to think the reactions of the entitled jerk fanbase.

Mark

Jesus, it's a special, one-time-only, one-off performance of their debut album. People are wayyyy overreacting about this.

Andreina

Way too much indeed.. The band hasn't even said a thing, the facebook post says "we've been throwing around the idea of playing HT for a while" and now it's all about how the band is pandering a section of the fans and how that will impact their image as a band (?)..

People should not look too deep into this, because I can be sure the band hasn't. They just want to have fun.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don't get why they didn't do this in the SSMF show. Still excited for whatever this might become.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I never said you can't like all of the albums, I for one like all of the albums too. But you can't come out saying "Oh yeah I'm huge fan of Linkin Park, except I only like the first two albums." You would be a fan of their older content, not them as whole. But their also people who only like certain albums, though they also respect Linkin Park for what they do and their reason. Really what I'm saying is you can like some Linkin Park content, you can dislike some of their content, but if you are one of those people constantly complaining "I want the old Linkin Park!" or "Linkin Park is dead," I really don't consider you a fan of Linkin Park as a whole.

For the sake of this not being dragged on forever, I think we should simply forget about my comment. I was just... thinking out loud and I guess and I should have kept that comment to myself. Sorry if I offended any of you in some possible way.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I guess in my eyes it's more how that section of the fanbase is going to FEEL like they're now being pandered to and that they're "winning the band over". Not necessarily over the intention of the band themselves.

I've always been bad at putting my points across. I'm eloquent but inefficient and sometimes convoluted. <.<

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Fuck. Been planning to head to Europe next year, maybe I need to ensure I'm in the UK for Download.... Cannot wait to hear Forgotten and Pushing Me Away!

Mark

What prompted all of this ridiculousness? I didn't see a single post of that nature in here until you showed up and wrongly interpreted this as some sort of giving-into-pressure move by the band to appease some niche group of nu-metal-LP-only fans, which it isn't.

You then used that as a platform to put down other fans, as if there is some sort of medal for reaching the upper echelons of some imaginary Linkin Park fan hierarchy. This entire fanbase is far too concerned with starting pissing matches over being the truest fan. It is beyond silly and I don't know why people bother with it.