Star Wars

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Chrissy, Jun 16, 2003.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

This was a great set of movies, from the original trilogy to the one currently being finished! Beginning with the original three, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, the acting was some of the best out there. The special effects for the time they were made in was pretty fantastic. I actually believed those spaceships were really flying ;D The vibrant characters and costumes were also great! And with a soundtrack from John Williams, who provided music for movies like Jaws, Jurassic Park, The Indiana Jones movies, and now even Harry Potter, how can you not feel entrapped in the movies?

Overall, I give the original trilogy a 9/10 (C-3PO's annoying voice got to me after a while) Individually, A New Hope gets 8/10, Empire Strikes Back gets a 9/10, and Return of the Jedi gets 10/10 :D

The prequels may not have matched up to the original's stature, but their special effects in this day and age at least helped to give these movies a style of their own. The only thing that ruined these movies, in my opinion, was adding Jar Jar. It was an excuse to get kids into this movie. In fact, The Phantom Menace was rumored to originally be called something like Jar Jar's Big Adventure. Bleh, talk about a bad idea! Attack of the Clones made up for TPM's mistakes by barely showing Jar Jar on screen at all, and by having a great plot... The only thing that ruined this movie was the overemphasizing the relationship between Anakin and Padme. I almost felt like I was watching a soap opera!

Overall, these two movies gets a 8/10. Individually, TPM gets a 7/10 and Attack of the Clones gets a 9/10.

Now tell me what YOU think of these movies!

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

i give TPM a 9.4/10 and atack of the clones 9.2/10.
    :whistle:

sup103

sup103 Ambient

I love Star Wars, lol. I think all the movies are great, my favorite is Return of the Jedi.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

Yes, Return of the Jedi was the best, I think ^^ (although a lot of people liked Empire Strikes Back better...like in the movie Clerks!) I don't give a 10/10 to just any movie ;D *takes jar jar and puts him in the stocks, then starts throwing stones at him*