Family Guy

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Jun 16, 2003.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I've come to one conclusion: Fox executives are morons.

Why, you ask? They cancelled "Family Guy" last year. "Family Guy", created by Seth McFarlane in 1997 (i think), is by far my favorite animated TV show (even over "The Simpsons"), and it's quite possibly the most hilarious animated show in television. The writers are ingenious, the voices are meticulous, and everything about this show is just so great. The show centers around the Griffins. There's Peter; a fat slob who works at a toy factory, Lois; housewife, mother of 3, Chris; the childish and slow-witted high school student, Meg; the stereotypical teenage high school girl, Stewie; toddler and planner of the world's demise, and finally Bryan; talking dog with human habits. Admist Peter's immaturity, Stewie's constant attempts to destroy his mother/world and Chris' fears of the "evil monkey who lives in my closet", the show constantly remains refreshingly funny. With it's numerous cutscenes, parodies and satirical political and pop culture jokes, the show is a laugh-out-loud-every-minute success. I own all 50 episodes (49 episodes + banned episode) on cd and I'm hoping to buy the box set dvd soon.

Any fans? Comments? I'm hoping to find some hardcore fans so I can discuss funny parts of certain episodes with them, hah.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Hasn't this show been cancelled for ages??? I thought it only had like 2 seasons and it was gone. I remember when I first got into it, it was off the air after the 4 episodes I watched. What replaced it? REALITY TELEVION CRAP. :angry:

I should get the DVD; I laughed so hard my sides hurt.

Mark

It came on for two seasons, got cancelled for a year, then fan support got it back on air for another two seasons.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Where the !@#$ was I when it came back? Maybe it didn't come back in the U.S. or I just don't watch TV as much as I used to.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Where the !@#$ was I when it came back? Maybe it didn't come back in the U.S. or I just don't watch TV as much as I used to. [/b][/quote]
    The latter.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

LPFAN05, wow you are a BIG fan of Family Guy.

Family Guy is a very funny comedy. I mean VERY funny. It's one of my favorites as well. yeah, stupid Fox. although I wach it each night on cartoon network. they are playing re-runs. my favorite character is Stewey. He's hilarious!

Mark

Jawknee: Yeah, FG came back for 2 seasons in 2001/2002. If you have a high speed connnection I'd be glad to send you some episodes. That goes for anyone with high speed connections. I have the banned episode. :D

Darken Hybrid: Yeah, I'm a huge fan. One of the main reasons it was cancelled was because FOX kept moving it around as a filler show every week when they had open time slots. No one could keep up with the schedule. All FG needs is a stable time slot, consistently at the same time every week, and it'll blow up. If King of the Hill can last this long, why not FG?

Anyone have any funny quotes they like?

I love the whole chicken scene in the Y2K episode. There's this chicken selling flyers outside a restaurant and he tried to give Peter a coupon but Peter refused. Peter had a flashback where an older chicken gave Peter an expired coupon and he basically chased him to the end of the earth fighting him on rooftops, on helicopters, and in mid-air after jumping through 15 story windows and everything. It was so funny.

There's this other part with a chicken I remember.

Chicken: "They say tonight that the world's going to end at 12PM, all computers will crash, planes and satellites will fall from the skies and everything!"
    Peter: *Holds hands to head and screams* "Nooooooooo!..........*runs to white rabbit from Trix commercials*...Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids! Stupid punk..."

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

family guy is a great show. Thank God for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim...Family guy pretty much every night

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

ya this show is funnier than the simpsons. it wasnt aired much back then. i wud watch it once in a while. i knew my parents wudn't let me. its weird how it wasnt popular until the re-runs were played.
    lpfan05 do u remeber the E.T. episode. that was hilarious.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I accept your offer. Jump on AIM!

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

what about msn? :blush:

Mark

Sure!

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Just like the bad guys from lethal weapon 2, i've got diplimatic imunity so hammer you can't sue, i can wirte graffit even j-walk in the street, i can riot loot not give a hoot and touch your sisters teeth...