Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: i need help

  1. #1
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    in a room listening to Linkin Park
    Posts
    1,732
    I want to know a great band like Linkin Park. Possibly a band that uses the same element that LP uses in their music. And a band that sings things to LP's. I don't really have a favorite band next to Linkin Park. And if you guys convice me, I'd buy their album. I don't like too many soft songs, I like hype songs (something like Meteora's). I'm losing my interest in rock slowly. Please can some one help me out? :wth:

    (please dont close this....help me out)

  2. #2
    Jawknee
    Guest
    Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]@Jun 15 2003, 06:18 PM
    I want to know a great band like Linkin Park. Possibly a band that uses the same element that LP uses in their music. And a band that sings things to LP's. I don't really have a favorite band next to Linkin Park. And if you guys convice me, I'd buy their album. I don't like too many soft songs, I like hype songs (something like Meteora's). I'm losing my interest in rock slowly. Please can some one help me out? :wth:

    (please dont close this....help me out)
    Are you kidding me? NO ONE COMES CLOSE TO LINKIN PARK...THIS BARES REPEATING:


    NO ONE COMES CLOSE TO LINKIN PARK.
    NO ONE SOUNDS LIKE THEM.
    NO ONE PERFORMS LIVE LIKE THEM.
    NO ONE GIVES BACK TO THE FANS LIKE THEM.
    NO ONE MAKES MUSIC LIKE THEM.

    WAKE UP!!

    ::Foaming at the mouth::

  3. #3
    Bryan
    Guest
    Some great bands to check out, eh?

    Check out some of these bands: (You may, or may have not heard of them)

    Stutterfly
    Taproot
    Flaw
    Pillar
    Staind
    Disturbed
    Mudvayne (Very original music, in my opinion.)
    Boy Hits Car
    Drowning Pool
    TRUSTcompany
    12 Stones
    Trapt
    KoRn
    Evanescence
    Adema
    Cold
    Chevelle
    Stone Sour
    Powerman 5000
    P.O.D.
    30 Seconds To Mars
    Papa Roach
    Saliva
    Finger Eleven (I don't like these guys too much, but a lot of people do.)
    Seether
    Breaking Benjamin
    Blindside
    Dry Cell

    Personally, I highly suggest you check out Flaw, Taproot, and Stutterfly.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    92
    Originally posted by Bryan@Jun 16 2003, 03:22 AM
    Some great bands to check out, eh?

    Check out some of these bands: (You may, or may have not heard of them)

    Stutterfly
    Taproot
    Flaw
    Pillar
    Staind
    Disturbed
    Mudvayne (Very original music, in my opinion.)
    Boy Hits Car
    Drowning Pool
    TRUSTcompany
    12 Stones
    Trapt
    KoRn
    Evanescence
    Adema
    Cold
    Chevelle
    Stone Sour
    Powerman 5000
    P.O.D.
    30 Seconds To Mars
    Papa Roach
    Saliva
    Finger Eleven (I don't like these guys too much, but a lot of people do.)
    Seether
    Breaking Benjamin
    Blindside
    Dry Cell

    Personally, I highly suggest you check out Flaw, Taproot, and Stutterfly.
    Good recommendations.

    Here are mine in somewhat of an order

    1. Lost Prophets
    2. Taproot
    3. Disturbed
    4. Thrice

    These are great bands, I would recommend Lost prophets because they are an alternative band that that includes a DJ turntablist as one of the members. Check out ode to summer, awkward, the fake sound of progress as some songs to first download. Also look out for Stutterfly. I downloaded their entire album and its pretty insane

  5. #5
    Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]@Jun 15 2003, 05:18 PM
    I want to know a great band like Linkin Park. Possibly a band that uses the same element that LP uses in their music. And a band that sings things to LP's. I don't really have a favorite band next to Linkin Park. And if you guys convice me, I'd buy their album. I don't like too many soft songs, I like hype songs (something like Meteora's). I'm losing my interest in rock slowly. Please can some one help me out? :wth:

    (please dont close this....help me out)
    well the lead singer of dry cell sounds kind of like chester so you might want to check out dry cell if you already haven't

  6. #6
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    in a room listening to Linkin Park
    Posts
    1,732
    Thanx guys. I'll be sure to check them out. Thanx for helping me out.

  7. #7
    I'm Ron F***ing Swanson. Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Posts
    24,386
    If you're into Staind and bands like them, try Cold's "Year of the Spider".

    Adema, Finger Eleven and Dry Cell all rule.

  8. #8
    the only band that ive found that comes close to linkin park [not in musical terms] but in good rock music is STAIND otherwise, your better off in rap

    - Frontin' by neptunes ft. jayz
    - Magic Stick by Lil Kim ft. 50

    If you like hyping up songs, u might like Stick Em Up by Quarashi which is a good song, but i think their album could have been more appealing...

  9. #9
    V2.0 Odaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,412
    Try 'No Coma' by I Mother Earth, it sounds like a Staind/Linkin Park song.


    If today is all we see
    Then tomorrow seems to me
    Is just an illusion we believe

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Omar@Jun 15 2003, 09:29 PM
    the only band that ive found that comes close to linkin park [not in musical terms] but in good rock music is STAIND otherwise, your better off in rap

    - Frontin' by neptunes ft. jayz
    - Magic Stick by Lil Kim ft. 50

    If you like hyping up songs, u might like Stick Em Up by Quarashi which is a good song, but i think their album could have been more appealing...
    The only band that I've noticed that sings in the same kinda format as LP is Crazytown...... Not the old stuff of them and they dont have great voices nor good lyrics.. But they do have some good songs, and they are a group formed by two rappers, but one of them actually does sing........... Songs to check out:

    1. Drowning
    2. Battle Cry
    3. Take It To The Bridge
    4. Candy Coated

    Some other good bands are

    1. Taproot
    2. Die Trying
    3. Finch
    4. Staind
    5. Trust Company
    6. Pillar

  11. #11
    Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,078
    Originally posted by White Pony(turntables)+Jun 16 2003, 03:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Pony(turntables) @ Jun 16 2003, 03:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--[Darken Hybrid]@Jun 15 2003, 05:18 PM
    I want to know a great band like Linkin Park. Possibly a band that uses the same element that LP uses in their music. And a band that sings things to LP&#39;s. I don&#39;t really have a favorite band next to Linkin Park. And if you guys convice me, I&#39;d buy their album. I don&#39;t like too many soft songs, I like hype songs (something like Meteora&#39;s). I&#39;m losing my interest in rock slowly. Please can some one help me out? :wth:

    (please dont close this....help me out)
    well the lead singer of dry cell sounds kind of like chester so you might want to check out dry cell if you already haven&#39;t [/b][/quote]
    You must have been living under a rock or something. Their lead singer was kicked out a long time ago.
    So, I'm going to go kick Abaddon in the balls. Later.

  12. #12
    FLǕGGȦ∂NKđČHIβǾLʃN Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,060,394
    You need to try Injected and Unloco, 2 great bands that dont get a whole lot of recognition

  13. #13
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,650
    Try Shinedown also. Get "Fly From The Inside" to start.

  14. #14
    Originally posted by Cameron+Jun 16 2003, 02:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cameron @ Jun 16 2003, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -White Pony(turntables)@Jun 16 2003, 03:29 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--[Darken Hybrid]
    @Jun 15 2003, 05:18 PM
    I want to know a great band like Linkin Park. Possibly a band that uses the same element that LP uses in their music. And a band that sings things to LP&#39;s. I don&#39;t really have a favorite band next to Linkin Park. And if you guys convice me, I&#39;d buy their album. I don&#39;t like too many soft songs, I like hype songs (something like Meteora&#39;s). I&#39;m losing my interest in rock slowly. Please can some one help me out? :wth:

    (please dont close this....help me out)

    well the lead singer of dry cell sounds kind of like chester so you might want to check out dry cell if you already haven&#39;t
    You must have been living under a rock or something. Their lead singer was kicked out a long time ago. [/b][/quote]
    but the songs they have out right now still have jeff singing in them and jeff sounds like chester

  15. #15
    Bryan
    Guest
    I forgot, check out Boy Sets Fire too.
    www.boysetsfire.com

  16. #16
    MEE ∆ L∆KE $pvcxGhxztCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,886
    Cave In


    www.cavein.net

  17. #17
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    in a room listening to Linkin Park
    Posts
    1,732
    wow, so many bands. I&#39;ve heard of most of them. I&#39;m going to check the other ones out, though.

  18. #18
    It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    203
    Marilyn Manson




    HOLY CRAP&#33;

  19. #19
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    in a room listening to Linkin Park
    Posts
    1,732
    Originally posted by elemynt@Jul 3 2003, 08:24 AM
    Marilyn Manson




    HOLY CRAP&#33;
    nah...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •