What album did you just listen to?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by RyRy, Jul 28, 2013.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

This thread is meant to be for albums that you have just listened to, that you'd like to review or just say that you listened to. You can post as many albums as you want, as long as you listened to the album front to back recently.

The three albums I listened to today:

"Night Visions": Imagine Dragons - Didn't like a majority of the album at first but now I enjoy it a lot. I love the power in the whole album. 8/10

"Magna Carta Holy Grail": Jay Z - Nothing groundbreaking. Maybe a song from the album isn't too bad, but pretty bad album collectively. 2/10

"Asymmetry": Karnivool - Hooked on my first listen. Heavy and epic. Each song on the record is pretty unique. Lyrics are pretty fantastic too. 9/10

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Mammoth Grinder- Underworlds: 9/10 Chills all the way through.

Tool- Lateralus: 9/10 Not all that new for me but amazing none the less.

Phil Anselmo and the Illegals- Walk through Exits Only: 4/10 Pretty disappointed and I wasn't even expecting anything Pantera sounding. Just musically disappointing.

Dark Throne- A Blaze in the Northern Sky: 8/10 Classic black metal.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I've been waiting for a thread like this. It's like the movie one.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Not "just" but the only one I listened fully today.. A Thousand Suns : o)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Kanye West: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Pretty much a perfect album. The beats, the content, the lyrics, the features... Amazing. Wish there was more albums like this. - 10/10

Though I can't see why we couldn't do this in Your Album Of The Day thread... :shrug:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Why didn't you make one? :lol:

~

This thread does kinda interfere with Your Album of the Day, though. It's weird, because we don't really need this thread when we have Your Album of the Day, and we don't really need Your Album of the Day when we have this thread.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yeah, I had the movie thread in mind and "What Song Are You Listening to?". People can post either style: mention your opinion and score the album or just say you listened to it. I had been wanting this for a while too, just I was too lazy to get around to it. :p

Because that thread is meant for the album that made your day. You can mention that you listened to really shitty albums in here, while you can't in that thread.

The "Your Album of the Day" thread is meant for posting about the album that you enjoyed the most that day. In this thread, you may post about any album you want, bad or good. For example , yesterday I posted in your thread "Night Visions" as my album of the day. I also posted in this thread about that album, "MCHG", and "Asymmetry". Even though "Asymmetry" ranked higher, "Night Visions" was still my album of the day. Does that makes sense? Point is both threads will work fine.

lime treacle

It makes sense, it's just that they are pretty similar. But I guess it'll work out.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

My Chemical Romance - Danger Days

One of my favourite albums ever, and like 100x better than all of MCR's other albums, which are okayish I guess, and have some stand out tracks.
    This album though, I love every track.

9/10.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Nine Inch Nails: "Year Zero" - This album is one of my all time favorites. Dark, electronic, innovative, and very original. 10/10

Skylar Grey: "Don't Look Down" - Great pop album. Great song writing. 8/10

lime treacle

Placebo - Covers (2003) - a collection of brilliantly done cover songs made over the course of about seven years. 8/10

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Alice in Chains: "Black Gives Way To Blue" - Solid album. Some really cool tracks. 8/10

Filip

You're a NIN fan, right? If yes, what album should I start with (well, this is a question for all NIN fans.)?

Anyway, MBDTF again. Incredible album.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

letlive. The Blackest Beauitful - Fantastic album and a breath of fresh air for the post-hardcore genre. Also, they are crazy live!

lime treacle

I am not a NIN fan, but I think you should listen to albums chronologically if you want to get to know with the artist's work and its progression.

Filip

Yeah I know. But really... I'm not sure if I'll do that. If I started Coldplay on Parachutes, I probably would have never got to Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, and I wouldn't have discovered what is now my second favorite album of all time. I'm currently getting started on Kanye in the exact opposite way of what you're saying. And I'm trying to completely get every album before I move on to the next one. I just don't like being bombed with new music. Main problem why I wouldn't do this with NIN is 'cause I really like the stuff I heard from With Teeth and Year Zero, but then I listen to Wish or Closer, which are from their older albums, and I'm just: ''...meh, I don't really care for this...''.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

"The Downward Spiral" was the first album I could really get into. That and "Year Zero" are probably the first two you should listen to. Spend some time with those two, you might not like them on your first listen. Also, read on Wiki the concept for TDS, it's interesting and makes you appreciate it more.

Filip

Thanks. I guess I'll start on Year Zero.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Don't do that. Start with The Downward spiral and the fragile. They're his best albums by far.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Even though those two are obviously good, they aren't very easy to get into. Especially "The Fragile". "Year Zero" is a good album and something to introduce you into NIN without going crazy.