Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Jul 15, 2013.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

PLEASE PUT ANY NEW EPISODE SPOILER/FAN THEORIES/LEAKED SCRIPT SPOILERS IN A SPOILER TAG. THANK YOU!

So the greatest show ever made is coming back for the last 8 episodes starting August 11th. A few teasers came out yesterday that you can check out below...

[video=youtube;_LY7YeUwQE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LY7YeUwQE4[/video]

[video=youtube;Q778cVCGlMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q778cVCGlMI[/video]

The promotion will start in full gear soon, I'm assuming. In the meantime let's talk about the past seasons, what you liked/disliked etc. Let's go!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I watched Season 5 a few days ago for the 3rd time. It's the most flawless storytelling I've seen. It gives me the chills it's so good.

Edit: I felt even more intensely about LOST, but we all know that shit all over itself the last season and revealed what was once thought of as genius writing to be nothing more than an illusion. Breaking Bad isn't conning us like LOST did, so it can't destroy itself, but I'll be really bummed if it's a randomly bad ending. The writing has been so tight the last few seasons that I don't foresee anything other than incredibly thought out scripts for all of the last 8 episodes.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    Agent

Hell yeah. This is one show I can say has gotten better with every season. There is no weak season of Breaking Bad imo.

Walt's transformation is one of the scariest things I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Yeah I don't see them doing something radically different that would piss fans off. I liked LOST a lot but it can't hold a candle to BB. The first 3 seasons of LOST were great... I was absolutely engrossed by the mystery but after that it lost its way, no pun.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

In anticipation of the "second half of the season", I must go back and re-watch the rest of this masterpiece.

Edit: that promo with Hank was fucking hilarious.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Back in February, some guy posted spoilers on the Breaking Bad wiki. He accurately predicted the newest Walter White teaser, so it's a safe bet that he was telling the truth.

SPOILERS for one episode if you want them:

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:6132

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to me!

Brandon

Agent

OMG! Hope it leaks!

Brandon

So here's something fucking fantastic: http://www.bettingbad.com/

Place "bets" using a point system to predict what is going to happen in the last 8 episodes. The website will keep a leader board.

[video=youtube;LO2aC_UMXMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LO2aC_UMXMo[/video]

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Really interesting spoilers, xero! Breaking Bad is just below The Wire, as the best Television series ever. I can't wait, and I kind of hope the screener leaks, I might not download it but I'd definitely read the spoilers.

Zap2it has the titles and summaries for each episode.
    Caution SPOILERS BELOW. Highlight to view them. Do not quote post if you do not wish to see.

Episode 509 -- "Blood Money": As Walt and Jesse adjust to life outside of the business, Hank grapples with a troubling lead.

Episode 510 -- "Buried": While Skyler's (Anna Gunn) past catches up with her, Walt covers his tracks. Jesse continues to struggle with his guilt.

Episode 511 -- "Confessions": Jesse decides to make a change, while Walt and Skyler try to deal with an unexpected demand.

Episode 512 -- "Rabid Dog": An unusual strategy starts to bear fruit, while plans are set in motion that could change everything. (Note: Every season of "Breaking Bad" has featured an episode whose title contains an animal name.)

Episode 513 -- "To'hajiilee": Things heat up for Walt in unexpected ways. (The title is the name of a Navajo reservation in New Mexico.)

Episode 514 -- "Ozymandias": Everyone copes with radically changed circumstances. (Named after the Shelley poem about the inevitable fall of kings and empires.)

Episode 515 -- "Granite State": Events set in motion long ago move toward a conclusion. (The Granite State is New Hampshire. Is this when we catch up to the events seen in "Live Free or Die"?)

Episode 516 -- "Felina": The series finale. ("Felina" is an anagram for "finale" and also is related to the word feline.)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    Geki

Geki >.

Breaking Bad has been my favorite TV show for many years. I fucking love it. I have every season on DVD and I just rewatched the entire show twice now in celebration of August 11th. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds... For me personally, BB will go down as my favorite show ever, and nothing will ever be better than it in the future.

SPOILERS BELOW DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS

Basically judging by if that episode summary is correct, I think I know what will happen in a way. In the summary, it talks about Walt looking confused in his driveway in his bathrobe, holding the tracker device that Hank put on his car. This is clearly shown in the new teaser trailer just released. Jesse will find out that Walt watched Jane die, and that he poisoned Brock, as well as killing Mike. Jesse wants to kill Walt and get rid of his body with hydroflouric acid, but somehow can't, or also this is for Skyler. Anyways, at some point he teams up with Hank to take down Walt, judging by the fact that it says he was seen driving in a car with Hank. A new teaser trailer also sees Hank speeding angrily, and I have a feeling Jesse is sitting right next to him in that clip.

Now, this is the most interesting of it all. Vince Gilligan said that Walt will do something in the final episodes that will make all of the audience hate Walt and not be rooting for him anymore. This is easily ''Walt hires someone to kill Skyler''. Think about it. You can clearly see the White Household boarded up, run down, and abandoned because the picture somehow took from the set is on google. Obviously either Walt and his family go into hiding, and go to New Hampshire, or Walt goes himself after killing Skyler. He comes back to Albuquerque for one final time, with the machine gun, shown in the teaser from the first episode of Season 5. But anyways, this is pure speculation from my end. The spoiler thing does not apply because no one knows if this is really a real script at all. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but this seems plausible. Also, I don't think Lydia and Todd would have been introduced in Season 5 for no reason practically, they will somehow play a role in the final 8.

Brandon

If we're posting in this thread, can we assume that everyone has watched through Season 5a?

Just in case, SPOILERS FOR 5a BELOW.

So what are everyone's theories? I think Todd's neo-Nazi uncle has to play a big part. The actor who plays him has had a lot of pretty major roles in TV and film, so I don't think he'd only be on the show for a scene or two.

Also, what happens when word reaches Declan that Walt is out? After all that talk in the desert, I don't think he'd take too kindly to Walt and the blue meth just disappearing on him. That's a lot of money Declan will no longer be making. And since Walt specifically pointed out Jesse as the other "greatest meth cook in America," maybe Jesse is forced to continue cooking?

I also think Walt will kill Jesse. Walt has been manipulating the hell out of the guy for so long...this would be Heisenberg's most evil deed. Any fans of the show who still find themselves rooting for Walt as the protagonist would have to hate him at that point.

I'm going with Jesse. Also, you may wanna tag the 5b spoilers you posted. Maybe not everyone wants to read those yet. They're kind of major.

Geki

Geki >.

Sorry, I tried to do a spoiler tag but don't know how to, so I did what you did. Should work. Anyways, my final predictions, minus all the explanations I had for them listed above are...

SPOILER ALERT

- Jesse will find out that Walt watched Jane die, poisoned Brock, and killed Mike. He will team up with the DEA and Hank to try and take down Walt. Although, I do not think Walt will go down this way at all, but Jesse will try.

- Walt will kill Skyler. It's been hinted at a lot. Vince Gilligan said that Walt will do something so terrible in the final episodes that people will no longer root for Walt at all. I can see him killing Skyler, based on a lot of facts I wrote about above. If not Skyler, he will kill somebody close to him, it could even be Jesse. Also, each time Walt kills someone, he takes on a trait. He killed Krazy 8 and started cutting the crust off of his sandwiches like Krazy 8 did. He killed the 2 dealers who were ok with using kids, and Walt then used a kid (brock) to get what he wanted. Walt kills Mike and starts drinking his whiskey with ice like Mike did, when he used to get it without ice. Skyler always arranged his bacon to his birthday for each one so far. In the opening of Season 5, Walt does this himself to make a 52, and he refered to himself as Mr. Lambert, which was Skyler and Marie's MAIDEN NAME.

- The White Household will be run down, abandoned and condemned. Check out this pic someone took from the set...... http://i.imgur.com/ideHW.jpg . Now this is where it could get interesting. Walt will use the quick vanish from Saul, and he will go into hiding in New Hampshire, which I'm sure most people know about by now. The interesting thing is, what happens to Skyler, Walt Jr and Holly? Will they go with Walt there, or will they turn on Walt and stay with Hank as everyone is trying to take down Walt? Will Walt actually kill his wife, or worse, his wife and kids, and go into hiding?

- Walt will return to Albuquerque. I think it will be a final showdown. Possibly the second to last episode, or last episode ever. Walt is coming from New Hampshire, based off of his New Hampshire license plate and New Hampshire ID, shown in the Season 5 opening. Walt will use the machine gun provided to him by Lawson, who provided him a gun earlier in the show. Now, who is this gun for?? Hank and the police force? Jesse? Someone unknown at this time?

- One last thing, I do not believe that Lydia, Todd and Declan will all be forgotten. The writers have introduced them for a reason, or else they wouldn't have. I honestly do know what role they will all play, but I am sure that Declan and Lydia won't ''take down Walt'' like some people think. Trust me. Cmon.

- Walt will use the ricin on someone. It has been a reoccuring theme for almost every season so far, yet it was never used on anyone. Why would they include it throughout the entire show, if it would never be used?? It will be. But who knows on who.

Bryan Cranston has said the end of Breaking Bad will be a bloody, final race to the finish line. We all know some murdering is going down, lots of it. The true darkness of Breaking Bad will come out in the final 8...

hawk

Spoilers.

I'm sorry, but if this happens, I'll like Walt even more.

Geki

Geki >.

Haha I will as well. I hate Skyler. Vince KNOWS that the fans hate Skyler, and he says he doesn't understand why. But all the facts point to her dieing, and by that quote from Vince, ''Walt will do something so evil in the final episodes that no one will be rooting for him'' kind of confirms it in a way for me. I know that a lot of fans including me and you, hate Skyler, but morally, it would very evil for Walt to kill his wife and mother of his children. Think about it. She got dragged into it all because of Walt, and know she will pay the final price (death) from her evil turned husband..

hawk

He doesn't know why? Isn't it obvious? Skylar was a complete and utter bitch for an extremely long time, and she looks like a "zombie" from I Am Legend.

Edit: but yes, morally it would be fucked up.

Geki

Geki >.

He said that he thinks people that hate her are just mygonists are however you say it. He says Walter is a bad person, and he hates Walter, and he doesn't understand why people want Skyler to die and he doesn't get the hate for her, and that people should hate Walt because he is a bad person.

I don't agree, because I love Walt, and will be rooting for him until the end, no matter how dark he gets. But still, if you really think about it, Walt doing something like killing Skyler or Hank or Marie or Jesse, anyone like that, could very well be what Vince was talking about when he said Walt will do something so evil that no one will be rooting for him.

Brandon

I actually plan on writing a review type thing picking apart the "Skyler is a bitch" thing. I'll post it here when I get around to it and see what you all think.

hawk

I only hate Skylar because she was being a bitch. Prior to her transformation, I didn't mind her. Big call to say people who dislike her are misogynists. VINCE, YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

Do it dude. I'll check that shit.

<3 WOMEN

Brandon

Can you elaborate on what you mean? You see a specific turning point in her?