Chino Moreno Talks Down On Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Derek, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Summer's Sanitarium's fast approaching and all bands involved are excited to be sharing the stage with such great bands other then themselves.

Well not Chino of the Deftones. Recentely Chino sat down with Revolver magazine and had some pretty spiteful things to say about the band he once was seemingly friends with, as well as metal veterans Metallica.

When The Deftones met to decide whether or not to join Summer Sanitarium, Chino found himself at the end of a 3-2 vote.

"You better believe I was the first to say 'Hell No!," Chino remarked when asked if it was his idea to join Summer Sanitarium, "A big part of me has a problem [with] opening for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, two bands that wouldn't exist if it weren't for me."

Chino also added the cocky assumption that they we're the best band on the bill.

"Better then Metallica?" Revolver asked.
    "Hell Yeah. Metallica have a vast catalog. But live? Motherf*ckers just stand there and play. We rock out thier sh*t. We're gonna blow that motherf*cker up!"

Linkin Park, limpbizkit and Metallica weren't the only targets of his trash talking interview, unfortunately.

To see Chino's lengthly tirade against bands such as Korn, Linkin Park and many others, check out the August 2003 of Revolver Magazine.

Editorial: At the time of this interview The Deftones were still on the Summer Sanitarium bill. While unconfirmed as of the time of the post, it is rumored that they are no longer part of the tour. The cause of them dropping from the bill if they indeed have, is them dropping themselves from the tour. Not because of the harsh remarks.

Ninnut85

Ninnut85 Well-Known Member

its clear Chino is just jelous because they were once opened for by linkin park and now its the other way around.
    How he can say he's better than Metallica is beyond me, he seems very big headed.
    Some people arn't gonna agree with me but it is my opinion that the deftones suck
    I can't stand them and think Chino is a Ricard

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

To me, Chino sounds very immature.
    Just play your music for the fans and don't let your
    egos get in the way. What's so hard about that?

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

chino should have never said those things, but I still think he is still one of the better singers out in the business, and Deftones are still awesome. Personally, he and his band are better than limp bizkit or metallica

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

chino has an ego as big as my snake :lol:

i dont think the deftones are better than any of those bands

easier to run 6

But your opinions about Deftones and chino should not change. I saw on the other thread that many of you think their music is boring in the first place. It is like me saying that Metallica is the worst band and they suck because they tried to sue napster. I still like them all

White Pony(turntables)

White Pony(turntables) Ambient

I really hope deftones aren't part of that tour anymore.

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

I really hope deftones aren't part of that tour anymore. [/b][/quote]
    No offense but that is surprising coming from you as you are a big fan of them....... But I don't know why he said that, he's gonna lose a lot of fans and respect because of his mouth.....

crawlin_fan

crawlin_fan Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand what Chino means by the 'neither of these bands would exist if it weren't for me' part. If it weren't for HIM? Am I missing some secret history here or something?

It's a bit sad to see him ranting and raving like this, particularly since the Deftones and Linkin Park seemed very friendly not too long ago. If they really have dropped out of the SS Tour then it's probably for the best, it would terribly hypocritical to go on tour with bands that he clearly has no respect for.

easier to run 6

According to many of you guys, he is on this tour because of money, but I think Deftones are performing because they still want to entertain their fan base. They would let them down

White Pony(turntables)

No offense but that is surprising coming from you as you are a big fan of them....... But I don't know why he said that, he's gonna lose a lot of fans and respect because of his mouth..... [/b][/quote]
    Oh i said that beacuse i hate almost every band playing on the ss tour and it would be better if they weren't on it and I want deftones to start a headlining tour as soon as possible

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just hate The Deftones :).

Sorry, I just think they spend a little too much time groaning and going "oooo" in Minerva then doing actual singing. In fact thats all they ever do and its beyond annoying.

The only song I like from them is "Change". Like my friend, said "I think Chester," (aka the chemist) "should of gone through with his meticulous plan to destroy The Deftones."

I agree, Chino needs to shut the f*ck up and leave. He's just jealous his ex friends in LP will sell more then he ever will in his career.

Sorry White Pony, I know you like em but now I will never give this band a chance, not after what he said about LB, LP, Korn and Metallica. He went WAY too far with the sh*t talking.

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

yeah i wish he would have gone with that plan too... :rolleyes: it sounds like to me that chino is jealous..he really needs to shut up. I hate people with big egos...it shows how much of a as*hole they are.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

This really changes how I think of the Deftones... I used to like their older stuff, and sort of like their new song, but after reading the trash he's put out, it really destroyed any chance of continuing to listen to their music for me...

Maybe he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed the day of that interview :lol:.

White Pony(turntables)

i think so to
    just 2 week before he ws saying that he loves korns music and really wanted to do another tour with them

easier to run 6

Music is not completely defined as the act of creating works and sounds together. Music is also about the mood that is being captured. That is what chino does, and that is why he is one of the best singers in the business. And Doesn't chino make mood sounds in change, then why are you complaining. You said you will never give this band a chance, obviously if you only like Change

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

I don't see how the Deftones have anything to do with somebody else's success. I mean, they don't even sing the same kind of music. Sure, they toured together at one time with Taproot. But Chino really doesn't have anything to do with the fandom Linkin Park has, nor the money they make or the albums they produce... anything. Linkin Park worked hard, and they're the only ones I see that have anything to do with their success.

I still like Deftones, and I found it hilarious when his only insult towards them was saying LP were "NSync metal". I don't think I've laughed so hard. Slipknot were more insulting, and so was Wes Borland in the beginning of LP's career. I think I would find somebody calling me a disgrace and a whiney female b*tc.h, or saying they'd rather stab a screwdriver in their eye (or whatever he said, lol) would be more insulting then labelling me as NSync metal. I was so amused by that, that I made it my AIM screen name: mmm nsync metal.

Also, I think the only bands that would possibly do with any new rock band's career and success would be Metallica and old heavy metal bands like that. If LP weren't good, I'm sure Ozzy Osbourne wouldn't think they're a really good band. If Ozzy is a fan of your band, that should definitely mean something.

To quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Even after Chino's remarks, I can't help but still like the music of Deftones. I just hate Chino a lot. Kinda like Michael Jackson...I hate him, but love his music. Sorry Derek, but I like the "oohs" and moans in Minerva...very spiritual for me. They're definitely not better than LP in my opinion and LP are here not because of them.

Derek...your signature......just awesome. :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Music is not completely defined as the act of creating works and sounds together. Music is also about the mood that is being captured. That is what chino does, and that is why he is one of the best singers in the business. And Doesn't chino make mood sounds in change, then why are you complaining. You said you will never give this band a chance, obviously if you only like Change [/b][/quote]
    one of the best in the business? i can scream into the distance with incoherent words too, does that make me amazing? he groans and mumbles too much, it's annoying.

"ooooohoooo.......".

easier to run 6

Obviously not, i don't see you in a huge band. you don't have to listen to deftones, don't complain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.