Daredevil: The Album.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Jun 14, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Here is my review of Daredevil: The Album. Before I start, let me just say that this is the best soundtrack on the face of the Earth. The only possible way it could've been better is if Linkin Park was on the disc.

Fuel - Won't Back Down - 9/10
    I'd never heard anything by Fuel before I got this soundtrack, and I might have to check out more from Fuel. This song is awesome and a killer way to kick off the soundtrack.

The Calling - For You - 8/10
    Just like all their other hits, "For You" is very radio-friendly but that doesn't knock out its quality. This is a very good track and perfect for the soundtrack.

Saliva - Bleed For Me - 9/10
    This song sounds like it was probably left-over from Back Into Your System, but it's a great song none-the-less. Perfect for the soundtrack. Saliva is an awesome band.

Seether - Hang On - 10/10
    I recently got introduced to Seether (thanks Todd) and this song is kick ass. It rocks. Period. There's not much more to say. The guitars are thick and the vocals are awesome. Another track perfect for the soundtrack. Third best on the disc.

Nickelback - Learn The Hard Way - 9/10
    Seeing as how I've been waiting for new Nickelback material for at least a year, this song was a breath of fresh air. It's awesome, and a step up from their last album Silver Side Up.

Drowning Pool ft. Rob Zombie - The Man Without Fear - 10/10
    By far the best song on the album, without a doubt. Drowning Pool has been pushing on strong since the loss of their lead singer Dave Williams and this track shows it well, while Rob Zombie takes vocals. This track is awesome and it's only appropriate that DP got to do this song.

Nappy Roots ft. Marcos Curiel - Right Now - 6/10
    Almost the worst song on the CD if it wasn't for Moby. The only thing that got this song a 6 was its guitar by ex-P.O.D. guitarist Marcos Curiel. The immediate turn-away was the name dropping 2 seconds into the song. The rapping was horrible and there really was no flow. And I saw no connection between this and the rest of the album.

Moby - Evening Rain - 0/10
    The worst song on the soundtrack without second thought. I hate all of Moby's work and this track makes it worse. There's no connection between this song and the rest of the album at all. I don't see why it's even on here.

Evanescence ft. Paul McCoy - Bring Me To Life - 10/10
    The second best song on the soundtrack. This is one of the most epic songs I've heard since I got into rock music. It's like a mini-play, and the interwoven vocals of Amy Lee and Paul McCoy pull this track together. It's awesome and belongs on this album.

Chevelle - Until You're Reformed - 9/10
    Though this is probably a B-side from Wonder What's Next, this track doesn't lack in any quality. The guitars are awesome and Pete's (I believe it's Pete) vocals are awesome.

Hoobastank - Right Before Your Eyes - 8/10
    I personally enjoy Hoobastank's music a lot and this is another perfect track from "The Next Incubus" (pssh, they're better than Incubus). This is an awesome song and fits in well.

Palo Alto - Fade Out/In - 8/10
    I'd never even heard of Palo Alto before this soundtrack, and this song isn't too bad. I may have to check out more from them. Seems like emo to me, but it's good none-the-less.

Revis - Caught In The Rain - 10/10
    I'd heard of Revis before the soundtrack but I'd never heard anything by them, and this song makes me want to check them out. The vocals are really unique and awesome and the track is simply awesome. It's the fourth best song on the disc, I love it.

Boy Sets Fire - High-Wire Escape Artist - 9/10
    I'd heard Bryan talking about Boy Sets Fire before, but never checked them out. Now I'm going to have to. "High-Wire Escape Artist" is one hell of a track, it's awesome. It's absolutely perfect for the disc.

Autopilot Off - Raise Your Rifles - 8/10
    After all the hard rock on the album, Autopilot Off chimes in with some peppy emo. A great track despite my dislike for this type of music. Not bad, fits in nicely with the album.

Graeme Revell & Mike Einziger - Daredevil Theme (Blind Justice Remix) - 9/10
    Ahhh.... I love electronica and electronica with guitars is even better. I haven't heard the original theme, but it's safe to assume it's just as good as its remix. This track is awesome. It's a nice little interlude to build up for the rest of the album. I love it.

Evanescence - My Immortal (Demo) - 8/10
    "Why's it say demo there?" you ask? Well, Wind-Up wanted the demo on this disc instead of the album cut depsite what the band wanted. It doesn't matter, the track is still great. I'm not real sure what it has to do with the rest of the album but it's a good song. Not one of my favorites by them, but that doesn't matter.

Finger Eleven - Sad Exchange - 10/10
    Finger Eleven rocks and this song is the last 10 on the album. "Sad Exchange" is an awesome track and fits the album perfectly. James' vocals on this track are outstanding and the guitar is flawless. It's easily my favorite F11 song and it's by far their heaviest (I haven't heard their new album yet, so there could be heavier songs on it).

Endo - Simple Lies - 9/10
    I've never heard of Endo, but this track makes me want to check out more music by them. This is an awesome track and the vocals are really cool. The guitar is pretty awesome as well. Good song.

12 Stones - Let Go - 8/10
    After hearing this, I think it's safe to assume it's a B-side from their debut album because it follows the same theme of that album. If it's not a B-side, well then they're second album is going to be just like their debut, and that's not good. Either way, a kick ass way to end a kick ass album.

----------

Final Score - 10/10
    Despite its flaws, this is the best soundtrack ever. It's amazing what great music there is on this album. It's one of the best albums I've heard lately and I'm going to have to check out some music by some of the bands on here.

Your opinions?

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Thanks for posting your review. I was actually thinking of getting that soundtrack but then I decided not to. I will add it to my list of cd's that I need to buy. ^_^

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I think that review was awesome. I agree with everything you said. The songs I hate the most are Nappy Roots ft. Marcos Curiel - Right Now and Moby - Evening Rain. I cant listen to them. Another song I dont really like on there is Nickelback - Learn The Hard Way. I just have never really liked Nickelback.

A very awesome soundtrack. Everyone should check out some or all of the songs.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Nice review. I'm going to get that album just because Evanescence is on it and some of the songs are good.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

Nice review XD that settles it, once i get paid im gettin' this CD! I shall add it to my list of cds i need to buy! Too bad on the couple of bad seeds, but every CD usually has them. bleh

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

ima download a couple u said were good

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

I can not download any of these f*cking songs...you don't know how much it pisses me off to hear the song..then in the middle of it go #$#%@%@$#%..and make dumb ass noises..damn it pisses me off..im just gonna buy the album and extract it on my comp.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I have a better idea. Go on IRC and download it, they have direct album rips with no beeps.

#mp3addicts on efnet is good.

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

Whats the link for that?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

go to www.download.com and search for mIRC

directions: install and open mIRC
    go to the status window and type "/server irc.arcti.ca"
    type "/j #mp3addicts"
    type "@find daredevil" in #mp3addicts
    people should private message you with their lists. copy and paste the triggers into #mp3addicts. you should be put in queue for a file (queue is a waiting list)

if you find the right person, file exchange can be quick and painless. anything i typed in quotations should not be typed with quotations.

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

to me.. that thing seems just like a huge chat rather than a place to get mp3's....so i don't get it