Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

March 2013 Monthly Mix-Up WINNER: LPU-12 Free-For-All

Last month we decided to let all hell break loose by allowing you to cut, splice, mash and tweak songs from the LPU 12 CD. It turns out the genre choice was a fantastic idea because the quality of March's submissions was AMAZING! On the surface we must congratulate all participants on the quality of their submissions, but deep within our souls we curse you silently for making the judging process so difficult. Without further ado, the winner of March 2013's Monthly Mix-Up is:

WINNER

m_macdonald: Asbestos/Given Up (Mash Up)

Click here to listen!

We had three entries which combined Given Up with its demo, Asbestos, but m_macdonald simply did it the best. With vocal manipulation, an added electronic loop, and multi-layering of the two tracks, m_macdonald did not just make a remix: he reinvented Given Up. Make sure you stick around for the climactic and chaotic outro!

RUNNERS UP

2nd: LizziCloverman: Somewhere I Belong (Clarity Remix)

Click here to listen!

Lizzi's Somewhere I Belong remix came in at a very close second. With a very creative industrial-esque backbeat comprised of Clarity, Papercut and New Divide, Lizzi managed to give Somewhere I Belong a fresh, atmospheric yet electronic twist. The bridge, complete with Krwlng strings, is a standout moment on the track.

3rd: minuteforce: Army of Flares

Click here to listen!

Intrigued by the title? We were! Army of Flares starts out as a fantastic instrumental comprised of Clarity, Debris, Program, and Burn It Down. Throw in the bridge vocals to Blackout and you literally get lost between the layers of this richly-produced track. Some remixes feel like two separate songs forced on top of one another, but this track truly feels like an original song. Great work!

4th: DJIntensity: Debris (When I'm Gone) - Eminem/Linkin Park

Click here to listen!

This fantastic mash-up from DJIntensity is what one would envision a Fort Minor/Eminem collaboration would sound like. On the surface, Debris and When I'm Gone feel like they would be an incongruent mix, but Eminem's rapid-fire verses are complimented very nicely by Mike's vocals in the chorus of Debris.

Honorable Mentions

Uncertain Sound: Linkin Park (Homecoming) vs. 30 Seconds To Mars (Closer To The Edge)

Click here to listen!

Zak: Multi-Genre LPxEDM Mash-Up

Click here to listen!

Once again we would like to thank ALL participants for their submissions. Even if you didn't place in March's contest, April's 90's Rock competition is another opportunity to strut your stuff!

minuteforce should of won

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    Congrats to everyone!

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

Lots of cool stuff here! Congrats to everyone!
    LPA Playback August 2013 Runner up: https://soundcloud.com/rahatc/rage-p...-by-secrets-of
    My EDM-Rap group Kollidescope: http://www.echosofrahat.com/kollidescope

Quote Originally Posted by IISUPERXEROI View Post
    minuteforce should of won
    1st to 3rd were very close once the votes were tallied. They should all be proud.

Extremely H! Vltg3 danielpsoad-09's Avatar
    Great stuff! The Asbestos/Given Up mashup is freakin' amazing!

Shows attended:
    ✓ 09.10.2010 Club Hípico, Santiago, Chile - Maquinaria Festival (LPU M&G)
    ✓ 28.02.2011 US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ - North American Tour (Backstage Tour & LPU M&G)
    ✓ 05.10.2012 Estadio G.E.B.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina - South American Tour
    ✓ 12.08.2014 PNC Music Pavillion, Charlotte, NC - Carnivores Tour

Yeaaaaaaah an honourable mention! Moving up in the ranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Stop projecting your semen-crusted fantasies onto me, you assmilk loving fuck.
    REE FOR ADMIN

MISSION SUCCESSFUL.
    LOUIS FOR ADMIN

Suffocating in the mess Serenity of Ashes's Avatar
    Well done to everyone! These were some quite fantastic remixes, almost a shame to number them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minus View Post
    You overestimate the learning capabilities of the majority of the LP fanbase.

I AM THE ALPHA // I AM THE KING RyRy's Avatar
    Congrats to everyone! Every single one of the above remixes really were fantastic. Really great job this month!
    HELLO, DEXTER MORGAN.

Mike, that mash-up is sick!

I feel like we start getting into a really dangerous territory when we start trying to write around the idea of what some third-party thought of what our music should be when they can't even comprehend on how to tell us what that thing is, or guide us in a direction that can get us there musically or creatively, or anything. You know, having to have a specific type of song; forcing music to conform to that frame of mind is causing a lot of noise to be in and it's getting away from the song. (...) Let's stop trying to do things that other people want us to do, and let's get back to just being fluid, and writing songs, coming with ideas, and being like, "hey, let's check this out", and grading things, and being honest.

I'd hate to vote for a single favorite. I enjoy all of them. Now I'm picturing what an actual mash up with Linkin Park and Eminem would sound like.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... m_macdonald's Avatar
    Wow, thank you guys - it's a great privilege to continue to be a part of the MMU community, and I'm delighted to have been picked as winner this month.

With that said, I do need to shout out my friend Minuteforce for perhaps my all-time favourite MMU entry - that Blackout vocal sample still gets me man!

Lizzi Lizzi Lizzi Lizzi! If memory serves me right, it's almost a year since your win in 'The Raid' contest which had that awesome bit with the My December/Papercut thingy? Another killer entry... the groove of the Papercut beat with the Krwling strings is, och, intense

Congrats also to DJIntensity, Uncertain Sound and Zak. Another awesome month.
    BundleOfNerves: Mike just comes out of the gates swinging, though.
    Thanks LPA for selecting me as 'Monthly Mix-Up' Winner for:
    October '11 (Dance-Pop), November '11 (Mash-Ups), March '12 (Hip Hop) and November '12 (Castle Of Glass)
    and as a Runner-Up for: July '12 (Burn It Down) and October '12 (I'll Be Gone/Victimized/In My Remains).

Check out a whole host of awesome winners and runners-up right here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=35375
    To follow more of my music, check out: http://soundcloud.com/m_macdonald

I'm Not Obsessed!!! Hans Muster's Avatar
    Wow, so many good entries this month! My favorite is Minuteforce, one of the best remixes I've heard from the MMU so far. I'll download them all.

This goes out to everybody still hatin' Bennington_Hahn's Avatar
    These are fantastic work! Personally most of these are leagues better than some of the "official" remixes out there. Theres so much more creativity in these than most remixes these days - just a boring old effected vocals over a generic dance/club beat. How is that a "remix"?

Formerly known as 1996_LP

YAY!!! I didn't even expect to be second!!! Thank you guys so much

Quote Originally Posted by m_macdonald View Post
    Lizzi Lizzi Lizzi Lizzi! If memory serves me right, it's almost a year since your win in 'The Raid' contest which had that awesome bit with the My December/Papercut thingy? Another killer entry... the groove of the Papercut beat with the Krwling strings is, och, intense
    Yep that's me haha thank you so much! i was actually contemplating making a whole "the raid/papercut/my december" remix, cause it's my favorite part of the "the raid" mashup we'll see!
    Holy Shinado!

It's Like I'm Paranoid... m_macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LizziCloverman View Post
    i was actually contemplating making a whole "the raid/papercut/my december" remix, cause it's my favorite part of the "the raid" mashup we'll see!
    Aw DO IT! That's one of the greatest MMU moments ever, I just wish there was more of it!

By far, this has been the best Monthly Mix. Congrats to everyone!

"There’s a place so dark you can’t see the end" Gab.Z's Avatar
    Congrats to everyone! ;] M_macdonald, your mash-up is awesome!

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Congratulations to m, first and foremost; you kick ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Intrigued by the title? We were!
    Thank-you, guys! I'm just glad I managed to get the thing done at all!

I also have to thank the rest of the community for all the lovely SoundCloud notifications over the last month.

The track title was generated using the best LPA-based focus group I could find. It took us hours. Thank-you to them.

Hold onto what is there ... and count the saints

Congrats to you all

m_macdonald's entry is probably one of my favorite out of all the MMU so far. Sick track!

Thread Information