Stabbing Westward.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Kæton, Jun 11, 2003.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Well, this band actually broke up already, but they did make one more album before. Their final album is called simply "Stabbing Westward". I first heard about Stabbing Westward through an anime movie. They used "Save Yourself" (which is a good song). Stabbing Westward is a band that usually sings about love, or relationship related things. They're not heavy nor really soft. They don't really have heavy stuff, but they do swear :lol:. I suggest downloading songs like "So Far Away", "Save Yourself", "I Remember", "Happy" or "Angel". I've not really heard their older stuff, but I also like "Drowning" which is a slow... depressive song.

Sadly the band didn't make it big and they only did like, one music video which was for "So Far Away"... :(.

Oh well, if you're a fan of them already, post because I've yet to come across another Stabbing Westward fan!

Or just check them out. I think if you're a real lover for metal and maybe metal only, you might find this boring... Their music is more for feeling than anything else. But hell, check them out anyways :teehee:! Even if you hate them, I'd like to know, and I would like to know why because sadly, my friends don't like them :chemist:.

edit: and by the way, this band has been around awhile ;) :lol:.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I'm a fairly openminded person I think, Keaton, so I'll check out some of their songs!

Oh, By the way, I downloaded some Dredg songs and I'm want to buy an album of theirs. Which do you suggest (Leitmotif or El Cielo)?

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I haven't really heard anything from Dredg. I've heard like, their main single "Same Ol' Road" and another song (my friend is a fan of Dredg). I'll ask him for some songs and I'll get back to you :lol:.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

LOL, I have downloaded 'Same Ol' Road' and 'Lechium'. They're softer rock but its really awesome stuff! :D

Keaton, have you heard the new Metallica album yet? St. Anger is actually a kickass album! I thought it would be crap but I have listened to 6 of the 11 tracks and its really awesome! Heavier and not many guitar solos but some great music and their new bassist (ex-ozzy!) is great!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

holy off topic, batman!

i'll check out some SW songs.

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

i used to LOVE stabbing westward soo much... they're very depressing but excellent lyrics.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Stabbing Westward rocks. Save Yourself is their best song.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I heard 2 SW songs, from music videos ive downloaded...you can find them on Kazaa and they are anime music videos. I dont know the name of the songs offhand but one is set to Final Fantasy VIII (my favorite game) video clips and the other is to my other favorite game The Legend of Dragoon...both videos are done extremely well and Id suggest downloading them.

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

I don't like them that much

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I used to be a fan of Stabbing Westward, but then I just stopped listening to them and I don't know why.