February Monthly Mix Up Winner: STAGELIGHT

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 4, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Last month we challenged fans to create a remix in the usual 1 month span based on the demo tracks featured in the release of STAGELIGHT, the Open Labs software that allows users to create and edit music seamlessly in their touch screen inspired UI. The software comes pre-loaded with example tracks such as Bruiser, Space Station, Complimentary plus others. The majority of staff have now listened to the remixes you guys submitted and can now announce this months's winner.

The2ndHope - Wind Sonata

[youtube]g7Yw2Osc5X4[/youtube]

The2ndHope isn't a stranger to our MMU's or the remix community, reaching views and listens in the thousands on his YouTube & SoundCloud accounts. This month he takes it for his atmospheric, intensely mellow take on Space Station & Bruiser inspired track Wind Sonata. Simple in structure, his mix crawls through an ambient, bass ridden bottle-neck that utilizes the great sounds we hear from the source material. Well done, 2ndHope!

Other Entries

Alex10
    Hybrid
    chihuasG

Thanks for everyone who took part in the last month's challenging theme, we hope you all check out and submit entries in to our already ongoing March Mix Up of LPU 12 tracks. We already have seven entries and we're only four days in! Looks like it's going to be a good month. Thanks again to all who entered and congratulations to The2ndHope.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I haven't been into dubstep much lately but that winning entry is really good. :)

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

So guys, this will be a big message, and i really hope you will read this whole text, even if its a bunch of letters.
    So, i found LPA through the 2011 MMU - Dubstep, which was pretty interesting for me because i always loved the electronic scene. And what i liked even more was that it was a Linkin Park forum.
    I listen to LP since 8 years now and it never gets old. So thats why i basically registered into this forum. I joined the next MMU's and tried to improve every day. Sometimes it was pretty annoying because i was showing my stuff to everyone - everyday. So then at some point i realized, music began to be my passion. It all started in cause of the MMU's and the forum. The whole members supported me and i am really thankful for that. Between the MMU's i started to make own music and hoped for many collaborations outside of the Linkin Park forum. It was pretty hard at the first time because i wasn't super good. Which doesn't mean i am a badass producer, but you know what i mean. So i decided to practice harder and harder. And then - The Lost In The Echo Monthly Mix-Up started. It was actually one of the coolest competition in the forum. And i got so much good feedback to my mix. But i didnt win. I was very confused and disappointed actually. I tried to explain with a short text that actually the acapella wasn't part of the competition but well - some members got me and i calm down. I checked out the situation and realized, okay - i need to improve them and win the MMU's only with my skills, and not of a good idea - but still bad produced. i practiced harder again. And then my original Track "Forever" began to boom out. With the help of Melissa Pixel it got a very chilled and awesome track. It got even uploaded on MOR|Chillstep and DroneMusic! So that was my first real good produced track ever. And i wanted to continue on this level. I found a group called DefibRecords which i joined aswell. I moved on. So now we come to this competition now. The Stagelight competition was perfect - a perfect contest for testing my skills. It had stems, and i was allowed to use my own stuff and mix some other things aswell. And what happened? I won and i am really really happy about it. I never thought about it actually but i did it. And i want to thank everyone for supporting me and giving me the power. I didn't gave up on bad feedback and stuff. I love this LP Community. So and now we come to an end. Even if i dont stop music i need to say, i stop entering the MMU's. I have a lot things to do. The whole music scene starts to get big for me and i want to improve much more than before. I will release my first real own EP soon and want to work on it very hard. I will enter the MMU's when i have time, but i wont promise tho. Thank you for everything and i hope you still support me and my music. Thanks!
    Greetings from Germany
    Patrick

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Congratulations, Patrick! Well done and well deserved! Thank you, LPA for featuring my entry on the front page aswell.

For those interested, my entry, Wretches And Kings (Black And BRUISED), went along the lines of how BRUISER was described as sounding like Wretches And Kings before it was released. So, I mashed them both together with the outcome sounding "Nasty, in a good way" according to many time MMU winner m_macdonald. It's available for a free download as well. :) Enjoy.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Patrick, we are very proud of how far you've come. You definitely deserved this win and we wish you luck with your music career. We are honored to have had such a big part in your music journey :).

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Congrats, Patrick. Good luck with your future projects!

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Awesome track bro! Congrats!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'm really happy for ya, Patrick! Hope to still see your remixes in the future and congratulations again!

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Congrats on the win, Patrick! I wish you well on your future in music producing and sincerely hope you make time in the future to do a grand return to the MMU some day. :)

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

This remix is so well done. I love chilled out electronic music and this is a good quality track.
    I hope that the music industry treats you well, Patrick, and that all goes well.
    Well done on your win, it is very well deserved.