02/21/2013 - Auckland, New Zealand: Living Things World Tour, LPU Summit + Summit Live Stream Detail

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 20, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

On February 21st Linkin Park will begin the New Zealand / Australian leg of the Living Things World Tour by playing a show at the Vector Arena in Auckland, New Zealand. In addition to the show they'll also be holding the 8th International LPU Summit for the first time in the country. This will be the second time in the band's career where they have held a tour in AU/NZ, with the first being a nine date run beginning October 11th in 2007 with two shows being played at the same venue the band will play for this show, making this the third time Linkin Park have played in New Zealand, all at the Vector Arena in Auckland.

Linkin Park haven't been fully on tour since the South American leg that took place in November of last year, with their last tour date being on November 10th in Johannesburg, South Africa. Since then the band have made four one-off appearances all in the US: American Music Awards 2012 on November 18th, Video Game Awards 2012 on December 7th, KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2012 on December 8th and the latest being a show at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada on February 16th 2013.

The setlist for this tour is currently unknown in regards to which, if any new songs will be played. The band have been teasing I'LL BE GONE & POWERLESS as potential live tracks for some time now, with SKIN TO BONE, ROADS UNTRAVELED & UNTIL IT BREAKS still awaiting their live debut from LIVING THINGS. The show at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, NV included a set we've come to expect, with the inclusion of CASTLE OF GLASS which we can expect to be in full rotation for this tour.

Linkin Park will be hosting the 8th International LPU Summit for LP Underground members on the day of the show, also to be held at the Vector Arena. This will be the first Summit of 2013 and a first for New Zealand fans. The last Summit took place on November 7th 2012 in Cape Town, South Africa. As always with LPU Summits, fans can expect the chance to meet the band, meet other LP fans, take part in a number of activities ranging from auctions, getting the chance for backstage tours, listening in on soundcheck, Q&A's and much more, the only difference being that for the first time ever portions of the LPU Summit will be livestreamed via the LPU!

LPU Summit Live Stream

Live stream over, watch all of the videos including sound check via the link above.

Once Linkin Park conclude this show they will be heading to Australia to begin their seven date run of the Soundwave Festival and Sidewave shows, which kicks off February 23rd in Brisbane, Australia at the RNA Showgrounds. You can view all past and future tour dates on the LPA Tour Map.

Are you heading to the show or LPU Summit in Auckland, NZ? Discuss both on the LPA Forums and feel free to tweet us at @LPAssociation. We'd love to see your images, videos and updates along with any setlist details you can provide.

TINFOIL
    01. Faint
    02. Papercut
    03. Given Up
    04. With You (Scratch Intro)
    05. Somewhere I Belong (Extended Intro)
    06. New Divide
    07. VICTIMIZED (w/ Qwerty)
    08. Points of Authority
    09. LIES GREED MISERY
    10. Waiting for the End (UNTIL IT BREAKS Intro, Extended Outro)
    11. Breaking the Habit
    12. CASTLE OF GLASS

13. Leave Out All the Rest / Shadow of the Day / Iridescent

14. The Catalyst
    15. LOST IN THE ECHO
    16. Numb

17. What I've Done
    18. One Step Closer
    -------
    19. BURN IT DOWN
    20. In the End
    21. Bleed It Out

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Wow! Looks like I'll be able to see it! Holy crap!

Being in NZ, but stuck in the south island, this just made my day.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

11:30 PM here. I'll see if I'll watch...

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Cool about the livestream!

Fnshngthefght

Fnshngthefght Member

So pumped for tonight!!!! It's going to be my first Linkin Park concert! :p

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Is anyone else having trouble with the stream? God damn initializing messages :(

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well the show is over by now. Based on a few reports it looks like it's the same set as Planet Hollywood. Updated in the first post.

Also, if anyone is interested you can still watch the LPU Summit sound check videos from last night via the link in the news post.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Yeah the sound check was sick! Makes me wonder, could this be the first official (as in by the band-not a random fan) live streamed sound check in music history? Q&A was fucking hilarious too :lol:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

The Q&A was hilarious. Joe & Chester's 'Michael Bay Phone Call' re-enactment was has me laughing.
    Over the night, I managed to score a setlist, a pick from Phoenix and Adam handed me one of Brad's picks.
    The whole night was stunning, especially when during LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent and everybody lit up the arena with their cellphones.
    Meeting so many other fans was genuinely amazing. Unfortunately, most of them outbid me on auction items haha.
    I got my LIVING THINGS vinyl signed too :)
    So many things to happen in one day, it was too much fun.

Berna22

Berna22 New Member

best of luck