Joe Budden

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jun 11, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Today (Tuesday, June 10) his debut self-titled album came out under the record label Def Jam. The album includes the production of White Boy and Just Blaze and features guest appearances by Busta Rhymes, Lil' Mo, and 112.

He was born in Spanish Harlem and raised on hip-hop. That's the short version of the Joe Budden story. The rapper lived in Queens until he moved to Jersey City at the age of 11. Even before that move, Budden was rhyming, fueled by the influence of such old-school MCs as LL Cool J, Run-DMC, KRS-One, and Kool G Rap. He has done many mixtapes along with some major DJ including street slingers DJ Clue, Kay-Slay, Cutmaster Cee and Green Lantern. By his freestyles on the mixtapes he was signed with Def Jam with help by Lil' Mo and Fabolous.

His debut album features the hits "Focus", "Pump It Up" and the new club joint "Fire".

Check him out http://www.JoeBudden.com and http://www.DefJam.com

To know more about him and his interests click here for an interview. Note: This interview was made over a month ago.

His debut music video, Pump It Up, follow the concept of the popular horror film, The Ring. It's really kool!!

I think that he is going to be big (well, he is already) and the future on rap music. No, really. He's beats and rhymes are banging!! I'm getting his debut album as soon as I have money enough to buy it.

The guy has talent with out a doubt. Just listen to some of his joints ya'll be the judge. I know that most of you aren't into rap but those who are check this man out.

[​IMG] Get his debut self-titled album TODAY!!!

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm not really into rap music all that much, but I have to admit, I do like that "Pump It Up" song. ;)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I guess anyone can be a rapper if they're from Queens... Or anywhere in New York City, for that matter. :rolleyes:

They're all the same to me.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

well the thing is, most rappers usually only get one shot and fade after that, but the good ones stick. But, like I've said before, you can't just say i dont like rap b/c thats kinda stereotyping all the diff artists and sub categories, there's something for everyone

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

yea i like that "pump it up" song its pretty good but i have to listen to a few more of his songs to see if there good before i buy the cd i guess