LIVING THINGS Remix Subscription: December - POWERLESS (Enferno Remix)

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Dec 20, 2012.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

7/4 dubstep will blow all our minds. ;)

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

If done right, it will blow our minds or else it will just be really messy.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    Topher

Topher LPA VIP LPA VIP

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I agreee that most LP songs are not suitable for this style. Especially "done in one night" remixes. I think an experienced EDM artist who actually enjoyed Linkin Park and put in time would yield amazing results. Any fan could slap an acapella over a Swedish House Mafia style beat and call it a remix. Most label mandated remixes are terrible with few exceptions.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Mine isn't in 7/4 but it is coming along :lol:. Should have a fun early demo by next week.

Meanwhile, another work in progress that I'm excited to show (since I cant show my remixes off in the contests being a judge and all :p):

IN MY REMAINS REMIX (3 minute 30 second preview clip, not the whole song hence the abrupt end)- [audio=artists=Linkin Park&titles=In My Remains (Silent Hope Remix - 3 Minute Preview)]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/audio/122212-113516_IMR.mp3[/audio]

As always, being a demo and all, the audio levels aren't final and this an unmastered preview. "Powerstep" (as I'm dubbing my dubstep remix lulz) will be coming later.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Not really interested in the remix, just here to say: CONGRATS MINUTE! Seeing 'posted by minuteforce' blew my mind :lol:
    Keep doing parades for me and Nish though

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Your remixes never fail me. Always get me dancing in place. I can not say the same for most of the remixes in the subscription, so kudos. :headbang:

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

Are you silent hope?

Esummai

Esummai Well-Known Member

Powerless, incredible song... I just love it!

Derek

I am. I take it you've heard my mixes before?

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

What blew me away the most was seeing Minute as the contributor. Congrats man :)

rostasliwka

rostasliwka RS

Since you're talking about your own remixes here, here's my set of remixes - http://soundcloud.com/rostasliwka/sets/remixes ;) It's not all LP-related, but I would like to slowly remix the whole Living Things album and all the finished tracks are in this set, including Powerless ;) Personally, I'm not much fond of this new subscription remix.. It's based too much on final sound and it's not much creative, I think... maybe if I were drunk at discotheque, I would enjoy it more.. but that's just my opinion ;) btw, good luck with your projects, Derek :)

Esummai

Esummai Well-Known Member

Didn't listen to all of it yet but I like it so far. Thank you!

Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

Stupid generic house remixes. LP used to have the sickest ones, why'd they sell out this time?

Derek

With all due respect did you ever think that maybe they just are very much into electronic music and picked these remixes because they liked them?

Not all house is generic. Sure these remixes haven't been fantastic, but there is some really brilliant house/trance/dubstep/EDM music out there if you look for it.

Geki

Geki >.

I hate 90% of electronic based music and I learned to deal with it. They're just remixes. It's not like LP is making songs like this for the albums. You have to remember that.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

In their defense, they didn't say all house is generic. I wouldn't classify ANY of these remixes House really, but they are generic as all get out. I think it's just a Linkin Park remix curse lol. Honestly outside of Reanimation, most LP remixes (in-house or out sourced) are not that amazing.

Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

I never said all house is generic? I love electronic music and I know there is great house/electro/drum & bass/dubstep/idm/glitch/etc out there, but this type of quick, typical house remix is just so annoying.

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

This remix feels more like an original track than a remix. There is a lot more original instrumental to the track than there is 'POWERLESS' samples. The song could exist on it's own without the vocal samples.
    I think that the production is well done however Enferno could have incorporated samples and pieces from the original song to his production a lot better.
    The production is quite a generic electro rave instrumental but I do like it for that. I have been craving a more generic remix.
    Not the best remix that we've received but not too bad at all.

P.S. The tom beat that comes in at around 0:15 reminds me of 212 - Azealia Banks (feat. Lazy Jay) haha.

Be careful about your choice of words. I wouldn't go near the word generic for the UNTIL IT BREAKS - Money Mark Remix. It is a very original, and rather quirky, remix of the song.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I actually quite enjoyed that. Are you open to any feedback/suggestions?