LPA Monthly Mix-Up December 2012: A Special Treat

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Dec 1, 2012.

Tags:
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

[​IMG]

DECEMBER 2012

But first, for those who don't know...

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is a new and ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we here at the LPA will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month" with the next round of competition starting the moment the winner from the previous month is chosen. To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner"

So, How Does It Work? (Official Rules)
    In order to make the contest more interesting and more challenging for those who enter, every month we will be posting a theme that all entrants are required to abide by to be considered for feature on the site. There will be no limitations on key, BPM or length (so go ahead and make a 10 minute entry!), but each submission MUST adhere to the genre (or genres) provided by us to be eligible for the competition.

Users must submit their entry as a reply to the this thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. All SoundCloud submissions must feature THIS GRAPHIC as the album art, and likewise all YouTube videos must contain the aforementioned graphic in some format with the words "LPASSOCIATION.COM Monthly Mix-Up Entry:" appearing somewhere within the video/soundcloud upload title. This is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions so that more submissions can be made possible.

[Note: Including the above graphic in your submission (as either soundcloud album art, or somewhere in your youtube video) is a requirement. Failure to do so will make your entry unable to be considered in the competition. ALSO IF YOU USE SOUNDCLOUD, PLEASE ENABLE DOWNLOADS OF YOUR TRACK AS WELL AS EMBEDDING.]

ALSO ALL ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETELY ORIGINAL, AND MAY NOT CONTAIN BACKGROUND MUSIC FROM ANOTHER ARTIST. THIS IS YOUR OWN WORK, APART FROM THE LINKIN PARK TRACKS.

To keep in good standing with Warner Bros Records, The Linkin Park Association will NOT be providing links to legit instrumentals/multitracks at this time (due to licensing/copyright restrictions), so it is the sole responsibility of the entrants to obtain the files needed to create their entries. It is possible (and very easy) to find these tracks via a search in Google, however; to protect ourselves we will not be hosting these files until we one day hopefully receive permission from Warner Brothers to do so.

How Can I Enter?
    Easy! Just upload your submission to Soundcloud/YouTube following the rules above, and submit it via a reply to this thread. At the end of this month (December 1st 2012) we will go through every submission and pick our favorite(s) for feature on the front page of the LPA. We encourage everyone to submit their entries (regardless of technical/musical/vocal proficiency) as we really would like this project to become something that every fan feels welcome to become involved in. The staff here all agree that the music community for Linkin Park has for the most part (apart from official competitions) gone completely unnoticed, and this is our way of giving attention to fans out there looking to get their talents heard!

Now That We Have That Out Of The Way...

Our official theme for the month of DECEMBER 2012 is:

LINKIN PARK VS CHRISTMAS SONGS

As a special treat for LPA Remixers, the month of December will feature the "naughty or nice" theme mash-up of Linkin Park vs Christmas Songs! In celebration of the happiest season of the year, contestants will be remixing any combination of Linkin Park songs with at least one Christmas song! There are no limitations to this contest outside of the requirement of at least one Linkin Park song and at least one Christmas song. The rules are pretty relaxed on this one, because we want you guys to be using your full creativities! With an amazing year of remixes, we here at the LPA hope that you will enjoy the final jolly-ful MMU of the year! Have fun and good luck on your December inspired remixes!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    Nook

Nook the noise manipulator.

A quick question. Do instrumental covers count or does the entry have to have vocals in it? I'm asking because I did something like that meaning I did Christmas-inspired instrumental rework of an LP-song and I don't know if it can enter the contest.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Urgh. Please don't mix "Last Christmas" with an LP song.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Okay here some questions :)

Do we need to add a COMPLETE christmas song? Or can we just use some parts of a christmas song like in the chorus, bridge and stuff.

Are we allowed to use The Mr. Hahn samples?

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I revised the rules. You CAN do ANYTHING you wish with the Linkin Park songs including covers.

No, this MMU does not require you to use a complete song. The rules are pretty relaxed on this one. We want you guys to be using your full creativities!

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Awesome. :lol: This month's MMU should have some interesting (more than usual) mixes.

Nook

Alright, here goes nothing :p Here's my Christmas-inspired version of "My December". Unfortunately it's an instrumental, but I hope you enjoy it :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:lol: Nice...

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I knew My December was coming

Nook

That was kinda obvious, I guess :p I made it back it in October after this year's very first snowfall in my home country of Poland. It got me in the Christmas mood right away :D

Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

Not Been on here for a while as ive just been so busy with other projects, but hey, as its xmas i may just give it a bash :)

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Haha this theme is amazing! I might give this a shot! (if I find the time that is)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I think that's awesome, Nook!

It'd be great if you could throw the vocals in there. Wonder if there's a fan-made acapella out there...

Nook

Thank you! I'm glad that you like it.

As far as the vocals go, my friend was supposed to lay down some vocals, but her mic broke a few days ago and it will take some time until she gets a new one. Hope we get that wrapped up sooner or later :)

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

:offtopic:

Its nice LP would make christmas songs EP.. :) that would be a special treat..

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

If somebody mashes up any song by Trans-Siberian Orchestra and any Linkin Park song I'll love them forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Great theme!

Someone mash up Silent Night with Victimized. :lol:

Siiiilent night, holy...VICTIMIZED VICTIMIZED Never again VICTIMIZED!

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

i might give it a try

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

I look forward to hearing what you create!
    I just have to add, because it will bother me all day otherwise, sorry, is that that it should be 'bend' instead of 'bank' in your sig :)

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

oh shoot, thank you!