Music Extended Tracks/Studio Remakes/Mashups by Album (by Soul)

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Søuł, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Kaciekk

Kaciekk Well-Known Member

THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESING! Omg, You added MUSE in there! Pretty epic!

2. Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  3. Søuł

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  4. Søuł

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  5. Ali812

Ali812 Member

Hey what's the password for the bonus track for Hybrid Theory Extended?

6. Søuł

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  7. Søuł

AUG 24 - 30
    August has been a relatively quiet month for me, though I have released a few things, I've just been too lazy to update the thread, to be completely honest :p
    Now that summer's ending, I'll be getting back into making lyric videos and guitar covers. I have a bunch of exciting things in the works as well, so get ready for a very exciting time for me!
    1. Mike Solo Medley (Studio Remake)
    2. 100 Suns
    3. L490

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  8. Søuł

SEPT 7 - 13
    So I'm a derp. I forgot to share the first two of these videos when I uploaded them last week, so here they are. Guitar Covers are back, and next week, I'm starting a series - The Hunting Party. That's right, 9 weeks of The Hunting Party guitar covers (and possibly something special I'm thinking about doing). Stay tuned this weekend for a mashup I'm working on.
    1. Alibi
    2. Hurricane
    3. Kings and Queens
    4. 30 Seconds To Mars - Buddha For Mary (Guitar Cover)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  9. Søuł

SEPT 14 - 20
    I think I'd update on you on the progress on Resistance Extended - or the lack thereof. I haven't been really inspired to work on that extended album, and more or less two weeks from when I wanted to release it. What I might do is release it early October while still keeping The Hunting Party in its slated spot for November. Is everyone okay with that? I don't want to deliver something that I can't put my all into, so it be my best idea that I should delay it. What do you guys think I should do? Do you want it sooner rather than later, or want an overall better finish at a later date?

1. Closer To The Edge
    2. Linkin Park - Keys To The Kingdom (Guitar Cover)
    3. Linkin Park - Keys To The Kingdom (Vocal + Guitar Cover)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  10. Søuł

OCTOBER 5 - 11
    Hey guys. It's been awhile since I've posted here. You didn't miss much - I forgot to post my guitar cover of All For Nothing, so it's below if you haven't seen it yet. It's honestly not the best - I wasn't feeling it that day. Today I did a really fun cover of GATS - I did all 4 guitar parts and played with some screen region editing.

So, let's talk - Resistance and The Hunting Party Extended. I'm not sure what's going to be happening with that. The Resistance is on delay until further notice - I'll do it eventually, but lately I haven't been feeling too inspired to do some of this stuff. What I HAVE been doing is working on some original songs. Last week, I finished the first full instrumental of what may very well be my first ever demo. You can listen to a snippet of it here. I just want to say sorry for the delay on this stuff, I know it's probably one of the only reasons anyone's ever listened to my stuff. I just feel that at the moment I'm not meant to work off of other people's work. Not at this point, at least. I'll try to get a new track from one of the two albums out (I actually did a studio remake of the new mashup intro - link to that below).

Who want's to hear the new instrumental track I worked on? I've been meaning to record vocals for it but I've been sick for these past few weeks :\

1. Guilty All The Same (Mashup Intro #2)
    2. Linkin Park - All For Nothing (Guitar Cover)
    3. Linkin Park - Gulity All The Same (Multi-Cam Guitar Cover)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  11. Søuł

OCTOBER 26 - NOVEMBER 1
    INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK, MOTHERFUCKERS! LOTS of awesome shit is coming. Lyric videos are coming back, originals, and extended tracks OUT THE ASS! Here's what I'm aiming to do:

1) Finish THP Extended - November
    2) Finish The Resistance Extended (I've started working on it again - 6 tracks have started) - November/December
    3) Finish my FIRST song (won't tell you too much - it's titled 'A Thousand Suns' (not because of the LP album - because the lyrics I wrote had the phrase and I like it) - November
    4) Catch up on lyric videos
    5) Work on COG Experience EP (e.g. add ATS speeches to COG EXP, try and do DOYS/LFY, European Encore Medley, BIO w/ Catalyst, WID w/ Solo) - Early 2015 is when I'm planning to release it.

I'll get this shit rolling - lucky for me, I literally have 2 days of school next week. I'm fucking excited to start working again, guys. I can't wait to share everything with you!

If enough people want it, I may be uploading the instrumental to ATS (my song) to my Soundcloud this week (I've been meaning to record the vocals, but inspiration had left me after being sick for a month).

1. Linkin Park - The Summoning + War (Multi-Cam Guitar Cover)
    2. Linkin Park - Wastelands (Multi-Cam Guitar Cover)
    3. Linkin Park -Until It's Gone (Multi-Cam Guitar Cover)
    4. Night Of The Hunter

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  12. Søuł

NOVEMBER 2 - 8
    Let's get shit going, shall we?

I finished TIW Extended Reprise lyric videos yesterday with Night Of The Hunter, check out the playlist link in the main post. I'm aiming for one or two videos a day this week (I can realistically finish lyric videos for ABL Extended in the week alone if I plan my time accordingly). Stay tuned for more!

My song, 'A Thousand Suns' should be finished with it's first demo stage this week, as well. If you want to hear the instrumental, PM me and I'll send you a link. Vocals are all that's preventing me from releasing it!

Lastly, I made a playlist for my THP Covers. You might want to check out the description, you may find some interesting stuff for what's remaining ;)

1. Battle Of One
    2. From Yesterday
    3. The Story
    4. A Modern Myth
    5. Praying For A Riot
    6. R-Evolve
    7. Was It A Dream?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  13. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

okay so I lsitened to most of the LP ones (MTM missing right now) if you ask me all is pretty good (although sometimes when you loop certain parts the edit point makes it a little "jumpy" which can be forgiven). But soemthing that I didn't really like at all was the self composed parts...sometimes they barely fit..the only one I liked was the flute one for "Nobody's Listening". Don't be offended, its just my opinion.

14. Søuł

Haha, no hard feelings. I appreciate the honesty. I do admit a lot of my earlier recorded work (I'd say, probably pre-LLFD Extended, I'd say) wasn't as good as it could be. My new version of Hybrid Theory (and my two latest 30STM albums, if you're interested) are probably some of my best work, if you'd be willing to check that stuff out.

15. Søuł

NOVEMBER 9 - 15
    Last week was REALLY productive in the video department, go check that stuff out if you haven't already!

Over my 4 day weekend I went HARD on The Hunting Party Extended. Lots of great stuff coming. Not to shamelessly plug myself, but this is my thread, so I do what I want. Check out my Instagram, I usually post a pic every time I'm about to do a hardcore recording session. I probably worked over 10 hours the past weekend, I got more than half of the tracks started at this point: GATS, ALITS, Drawbar, FM, AFN, Wastelands, UIG. There are possibly two bonus tracks coming with this, White Noise and something that's a secret at the moment. Still working the latter out. Check out the 13 minute version of ALITS below!

This week, I'm probably going to work on THP Extended some more and start getting back into the CASTLE OF GLASS Experience EP, starting with updating my version of that title track. I'm not making any promises, but I'm aiming for a 11/28 release for THP Extended.

1. A Line In The Sand (Fallout Intro; Ext. Bridge; Buildup Outro) [12:40]
    2. A Beautiful Lie

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  16. Søuł

NOVEMBER 16 - 22
    Getting back into the groove of things still, possibly releasing a THP Extended Sample later this week!

Check out my 'Rebellion' guitar cover, easily one of my favorites that I've done! As my THP Guitar Cover series starts to wind down, I've gotten a few requests from friends (BVB, Napalm Death - You Suffer, etc.) so some fun stuff is coming! Also, my FM One-Man Band cover is coming soon too.

1. Linkin Park - Rebellion (Multi-Cam Guitar Cover)
    2. Attack

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  17. Søuł

NOVEMBER 23 - 30
    This is a big week, everyone. Likely finishing up ABL Extended videos AND releasing THP Extended, as well as a special cover to coincide with it. If you haven't seen already, the 5-Track Sample of THP Extended is out, featuring Guilty All The Same, All For Nothing, Mark The Graves, Drawbar, and A Line In The Sand. Be sure to check it out!

Other than that - I'll be returning to work on the COG EXP EP shortly after I finish THP, so expect to see some WIP Tracks on Soundcloud. Check out my MTG cover - haven't jammed that hard on one in awhile!

1. The Hunting Party Extended - 5-Track Sample
    2. Linkin Park -Mark The Graves (Guitar Cover)
    3. Savior

18. Søuł

DECEMBER 1 - 7
    Relatively inactive week - had a recent fall in homework so I've been enjoying it, but some personal issues have come up as of late. Regular videos will resume Saturday!

The FULL version of The Hunting Party Extended was released last week - go grab it if you haven't already! It's my favorite work to date, for sure.

Lastly, I did a project for French. If anyone remembers "We're The Union and We Know It", it's along the same lines of that. Sorry. I linked it below.

19. Søuł

JANUARY 4 - 10
    So much for regular videos returning for the end of 2014, haha. I'm back, and ready to do some shit. Videos should be regularly uploaded starting as soon as I can get back in the groove.

I've decided I'm going to hold off on the extended albums for a little bit. As much as I love doing them, I haven't felt very inspired to do them. However, that doesn't mean I won't be doing any music. I have a variety of originals that I've begun working on that I hope to have out soon, as well as work on the CASTLE OF GLASS Experience EP.

So, changes for 2015. On the music side, as I said, I've reprioritized myself with music. If you skipped the last paragraph, but for some reason read this one, you should probably finish reading that one. For videos, I plan on doing a TON of new stuff: more one-man band covers (since the last one wentoh so well), piano covers, acoustic covers, and more. I've also started uploading in 1080p60 so videos should be looking incredible on all platforms.

Just a little heads up - next week I'll be doing a guitar cover of Fall Out Boy's 'Centuries' in anticipation of their upcoming album, so get hyped for that!
    1. The Kill (Bury Me)
    2. Deftones - My Own Summer (Shove It) (Guitar Cover)

20. Søuł

JANUARY 11 - 17
    I've had a pretty solid week. Got some videos up. Did one of the best covers I've ever done. Good times.

Next week I'll be doing a one man band cover of In The End in honor of the Atlantic City and Brooklyn shows that I'll be attending. I'll be rehearsing all weekend, I'll try to start The Hunting Party videos too, though.

Also feel free to check out a project I did for French below. T'was great banter.
    1. The Fantasy
    2. Fall Out Boy - Centuries (Multicam Guitar Cover)
    3. Attack du Croissant (French Project)