REMINDER: Linkin Park Set to Perform AMAs Tomorrow

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 18, 2012.

Ambush Reality

Ambush Reality LP Underground

^^Gotta agree with you on that. Have yet to see Chester nail the chorus of BID when live. But you have to give the man credit for being, easily, one of the best singers in rock over the last decade.

Woulda been real cool to see CoG or LITE, or even a medley of their greatest hits. But regardless, great to see LP get the recognition on a national level as they deserve.

hybridsoldi3r

hybridsoldi3r Member

They should of played Faint or Given Up but otherwise good performance and congrats on the award LP

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm sorry but why should they play songs from 5 years ago (or 9 years ago in the case of Faint) that aren't currently relevant on the radio, and not currently charting? That makes absolutely no sense. This isn't a tour date, it's an award show appearance. When they're appearing on an awards show they're promoting their latest work. Therefore the band is going to play their latest hit, or their "biggest" hit off of their current album which in this case is still BURN IT DOWN.

The only time I'd ever even expect a band to play old music if it's a band like The Who and they are doing a medley and are at the show for a special appearance. Linkin Park were just there to promote their new record.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Now now, I'm sure they still get a kick out of performing at Award shows, Derek. :D

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I meant that as in, they were performing BURN IT DOWN because it's their latest hit. This wasn't a greatest hits appearance :lol:.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

You would think LITE would be a bigger hit than BID.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Have Lost In The Echo and Castle Of Glass actually been on radio or the charts at all? After BID was huge it feels like those singles were both limited to youtube/medal of honor.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

They performed Burn It Down? That's disappointing. They should've opted for another song off of Living Things. I missed the performance so I will have to check it out later.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Congrats to LP on their win! Also, it was a nice performance :)

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I think these videos have a word with you :trollface:

[video=youtube;YeC2uILRsf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeC2uILRsf8[/video]
    [video=youtube;WPHoNYXyGas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPHoNYXyGas[/video]
    [video=youtube;cAO5rCjlB40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAO5rCjlB40[/video]

On a side note, I'm proud of the boys for their effort, congrats to the best band ever!

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I hear LITE on the radio several times a week, and I only have about a 10-minute commute to work. It's also charted, it barely even made the Hot 100, but it's done well on all of the rock-specific charts.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Not their best performance but okay nonetheless, great seeing other artists nodding and dancing to the song.

They should have also played the LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medley just to blow people away :awesome:

Congrats on winning the award :)

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Dat voice crackz. >.<

Seriously aside from that it sounded awesome. Plus it's always cool to see Chester being a badass and rock the leather jacket. I do agree with those who would've liked to see LITE though. It's way more Linkin Park-ish, and way better live in my opinion.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Anyone else hear Joe slip up during the outro? That aside, however, I felt they did a great job. I still wish they played CoG, but I understand why BID was the obvious choice.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Mike's rap was a little off, as was Chester coming off of the rap. Not their best performance, but not terrible.

I was hoping for LITE.

DefyTheEye

DefyTheEye Well-Known Member

does anyone know why phoenix was carrying a bag during the acceptance speech? weird

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

wasn't their best performance, they looked bored, but congrats on the award. WELL DESERVED :D

Geki

Geki >.

Congrats on the award. Haven't heard the performance yet, but I'm not a huge fan of BID live, or BID in general.

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

Great performance

I'm surprised Mike's highly flammable suit didn't combust into flames...

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

So disappointed with LP's song choice. :ohno: BID is 6 months old and out of the charts also. LITE could have used some kinda promotion or COG.
    Well so much for singles from this album having high chart numbers. I Hope when they release I'll be Gone or In My Remains, they will promote that single well. It'll help their next album sales a lil bit.
    Anyway, congrats to LP for winning :D

Don't know if I can post this here. But here it is

[video=youtube;5bmoFqa3f4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bmoFqa3f4Y[/video]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012