LOST IN THE ECHO Indaba Remix Contest Winners Announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Nov 15, 2012.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That winning entry is DOPPPPPPPE.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I'm sure that I've streamed this winning entry before, and I'm also sure it wasn't impressive, as I totally forgot about how it sounded.
    There have been several orchestral remixes that are great in the top 100. Oh well, who'd make an orchestral remix their winning entry..

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I'm sure that I've streamed this winning entry before, and I'm also sure it wasn't impressive IMO, as I totally forgot about how it sounded.
    There have been several orchestral remixes that are great in the top 100. Oh well, who'd make an orchestral remix their winning entry..

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Oh give me a break, no one was calling it bad, jeez.

Zak's "Oh well" sums it up nicely. I would have preferred it if a more "think outside of the box" remix won or at least that the arguments for choosing this remix as the winner to be a bit more.. legit? Saying it's a club-friendly track in your argument doesn't quite help the remix sounding more unique at all.

But yeah, like I said, I wasn't really expecting that much from the results of this contest just by listening to the remix that was first on the leaderboard ranking. Lot of legit remixes but didn't have the chance to 'shine' because of insane promoting of other remixes. OH WELL *continues life* :lol:

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Personnaly, I liked it! And I'm not even a fan of those club tracks, generally.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

EarlyRise remix is my fav.

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

i have nothing to say about the winner, but on the voting system...
    In my opinion the top ten should be made from the judges, there were G.A.G.S. for example, he is part of an musical academy that have a lot of like on the facebook page. The top ten should be given at someone who really deserved it,not at someone who have the opportunities for voting or that have a large fan base, in this way people that have made good remix but don't have a fan base, they have just the possibility of the gran prize winner 1 on 1400...

6161 Well-Known Member

since Derek mention NoBrain remix, so I go find to listen to it
    the first time I heard LITE NoBrain's remix and WOW I'm very impressed with his improvement skills. Sick remix! Salute!

but overall still my favorite is Hann with Gun remix, coz these remix makes me feels calm and stronger, embrace the balance :)

anyway why don't we share our fav LITE remix here, so everybody will have more references :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

If you want to be impressed and ever get a chance, check out Hahn With Gun's remix of BURN IT DOWN. That remix actually sounds like Linkin Park could have done it and put it on the album that way. By far, my favorite BID remix.

On to the Indaba contest, I agree with Derek and also with Zak's "Oh well." I'm tired of the "a remix has to be a dance remix" mentality in order to win. I'm in a frame of mind where a remix that is unique is going to be more enjoyable than one that sounds like it has 50 clones. Being unique sets you apart from the rest of the crowd. That being said, I am really glad that the LPA has the MMU.

Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

The (S)Laughter Remix is ok, Hann with Gun is good (check out his Crawling remix too, it's amazing), but the No Brain's one is my favorite by far...didn't like the winner.

l4g_testify

l4g_testify Well-Known Member

got the tracklist :D LPU 12

Homecoming (Minutes to Midnight Demo)
    Points of Authority (Demo)
    Clarity (Minutes to Midnight Demo)
    Asbestos (Minutes to Midnight Demo)
    Bunker (Minutes to Midnight Demo)
    So Far Away (Unreleased 1998)
    Pepper (Meteora Demo)
    Debris (Minutes to Midnight Demo)
    Ominous (Meteora Demo)
    Forgotten (Demo)

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

EarlyRise is a great band but the remix is by far not my favorite neither is it the winner's. NoBrain's Remix is epic.