11/10/2012 - Johannesburg, South Africa - Living Things World Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 9, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Before I talk about the show I just want to take this time to address the tragedy that occurred at the Cape Town, South Africa show a couple days ago. For those unaware, a fan who attended the show tragically died after suffering injuries from a collapsed Lucozade promotional stand outside the arena due to the high force winds in South Africa. Linkin Park and their team had no involvement in the structure or its presence there. At least 19 people were injured in the incident with only the one fan succumbing to her injuries and passing away. Florentina Heaven-Popa was aged 33 and worked as a senior executive at the revered One & Only Hotel at the V&A Waterfront. It's a really shocking and unfortunate situation and something I am deeply saddened about. You don't really expect these things to happen and when they do it really puts a lot into perspective. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the team when I say our deepest condolences go out to Florentina and her family, as well as the others who suffered injuries and remain in critical condition.

It doesn't seem fitting to jump into a post about the show but I'll do a quick summary before I finish up. Linkin Park played Set A in Cape Town, South Africa which begins with TINFOIL and Faint. There were no changes to the setlist so it looks like Linkin Park will be waiting until the Australia tour next year to mix it up and maybe debut some new tracks, where they'll play the Soundwave Festival and a couple of side shows. Unless of course they announce dates between now and then. Before that Linkin Park are scheduled to play the American Music Awards on November 18th in Los Angeles, so it could be possible we'll see CASTLE OF GLASS performed there for the first time but nothing is set in stone. View all past and upcoming dates on the LPA Tour Map.

If you're heading to Johannesburg, South Africa tomorrow or just want to discuss the show, do so on the LPA Forums. Alternatively you can contact us on Twitter where we'd love to see your updates about the show.

A Place For My Head (Long Intro)
    Given Up
    New Divide
    With You
    Somewhere I Belong
    IN MY REMAINS
    VICTIMIZED / Qwerty
    Points Of Authority
    LIES GREED MISERY
    Waiting For The End (Until It Breaks Intro)
    Breaking The Habit
    Leave Out All The Rest, Shadow Of The Day, Iridescent
    The Catalyst
    LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)
    Numb
    What I've Done
    BURN IT DOWN
    In The End
    Bleed It Out (Extended Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage')
    --------------------
    TINFOIL
    Faint
    Lying From You / Papercut
    One Step Closer

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I hope some new songs will be played!

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I doubt they will play any new song live in this show. They might stick to popular tracks since it's their 1st time there.

I'm hoping they play LITE live for the award show at least for the sake of promoting the song.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I was just about to post this. Good post, Joe.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I think it would be very fitting for the band to throw in The Messenger as a way of paying respects to the accident that happened. Make it a tribute to her.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Setlist?

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

I believe it was Set A due to Papercut being played (Twitter), but I can't confirm anything. Could be Set C or the medley in Set B. Set A looks like the most likely set.

maik_gianino

maik_gianino Well-Known Member

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

RIP to the victim of Cap Town. What happened there is very sad, and it shows how you can go from dream to nightmare in a matter of seconds.

Those words won't revive that woman though, so I'll stop there.

Would be cool if LP made something like a quick tribute/comment about her tonight.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

laura

laura Well-Known Member

a place for my head o god i love this song

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

The show was absolutely electrifying! Everyone completely lost their shit when A Place For My Head started, what a way to start things off! The crowd was brilliant, Chester remarked that the lights from the crowd was one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen. He was on top form last night. Right before the encore, Mike came out to address the crowd about the tragedy at Cape Town's show. It was shocking, his voice was shaky and his eyes were red when he spoke about how he and the band take the safety of their fans very seriously. Mentioned that they are deeply saddened by her death and he called for a moment of silence to mourn. Aside from this sad moment, the show was simply stunning, easily the best night of my life!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Yeah, it definitely is a sorrowful topic. However, I am glad that you enjoyed your first concert! Hope you have many many stories to tell!

LohithMohan

How many people attended this concert? I read somewhere the attendance was around 63,000. If it is, won't that be the highest attendance for a LP show ever?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

^Thanks Zane! And yup, 63,000 attendees. I'm not sure whether or not that was the highest ever attendance though, what do you guys think?

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

That's incredible! Sounds like it was a great concert.

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

The highest ever I think it´s still São Paulo, Brazil in 2004.

80,000 + (I was there :headbang:)

LohithMohan

:dafuq:
    I'm jealous.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

We had almost 100.000 at the 2008 RIR in Lisbon. I know it's a festival, but LP was the last band playing, so it's still a nice reference. I think some other festivals get those type of numbers as well. And yup, I remember the concert in São Paulo, 2004! Crazy! :D

coool

coool New Member

nice posts............